Travis

Re: Facebook's False Impressions of You
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 22 Dec, 2011 12:43 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
1. Facebook thinks I am a 'Tough Mudder' and would enjoy a 'the only 20+km with a post-party' and that I 'should probably become a fan'

What the heck IS a Tough Mudder??? FB thinks I should be into this, also.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 26 Dec, 2011 9:18 AM Quote
Jeez, my facebook obviously doesn't think I'm as interesting as ye are! Mostly it suggests I "Think Contraception" and "Create a Relationship with God."

Guess it knows I'm a college student.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 27 Dec, 2011 12:21 PM Quote
I have a FB question. I got blocked by someone and now can't see her profile. Is it the same for her or would she still get to see my profile if she wanted?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 27 Dec, 2011 1:00 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
I have a FB question. I got blocked by someone and now can't see her profile. Is it the same for her or would she still get to see my profile if she wanted?

Go to your wall and there will be a button in the upper right corner that says "View As." Click on that and type in the girl's name and you will see your profile as she sees it. I would say that you would probably need to block her back to hide your profile from her.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 27 Dec, 2011 3:18 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
monkey wrote:

Go to your wall and there will be a button in the upper right corner that says "View As." Click on that and type in the girl's name and you will see your profile as she sees it. I would say that you would probably need to block her back to hide your profile from her.

Cheers. I can't get it to work as she is no longer on my friends list. It's no big deal

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 27 Dec, 2011 6:51 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

I THINK that depends on the FB-privacy settings you chose for people that aren't on your friends list, i.e.: can everyone (strangers & friends) see your profile? if so, you have to block her or she'll see what everyone's seeing...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 21 Jan, 2012 2:17 PM Quote
FB is trying to sell me 'Poop Bags.' I really hope they are for dogs, because the alternative scares me a little.
At least they are lavender scented.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 21 Jan, 2012 5:32 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
FB is trying to sell me 'Poop Bags.' I really hope they are for dogs, because the alternative scares me a little.
At least they are lavender scented.

Does Lavender beat Shit ??

In a sorta fucked up Rock, Paper, Scissors way ??

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sat 21 Jan, 2012 11:44 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

That's a good question. My son has blocked me so totally, that I can't even find him on FB, and I know he's there! My daughter is more positive, I can see her front page, but nothing elseā€¦

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 08 Feb, 2012 10:21 PM Quote
Apparently I should become Saint Pio's fan. Nothing against the dude, I've heard he was nice but what on earth in my likes/search history makes it probable I would be interested?? It amuses me.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Feb, 2012 2:11 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Apparently I should become Saint Pio's fan. Nothing against the dude, I've heard he was nice but what on earth in my likes/search history makes it probable I would be interested?? It amuses me.

maybe talking about how much you loved that priest that came to your house? :)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 09 Feb, 2012 2:02 PM Quote
That or using 'omg' a lot.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 28 Apr, 2012 4:27 PM Quote
Currently Facebook shows me ads of prenatal check-ups, toddler games, engagement rings AND wedding DJs. Oh dear, they don't get me at all, do they?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2012 7:18 PM Quote
FB thinks that I would like an MA in Forensic Science.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2012 6:58 PM Quote
"the latest fashion trends for Asian women." hmmm.

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:08 PM