Travis

Re: A wee boardie weekend adventure
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 1:51 AM Quote
Have a groovy weekend dudettes! Take picys. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 3:46 AM Quote
A friend has tickets to game 5. But he is a Pens fan. I told him if it wasnt a sweep, that I would listen for the cries in Detroit from Ann Arbor.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 3:57 AM Quote
Ann Arbor ? they named a tree after weird mom ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 5:07 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
A friend has tickets to game 5. But he is a Pens fan. I told him if it wasnt a sweep, that I would listen for the cries in Detroit from Ann Arbor.

My uncle will be at game 5 and he is a Wings fan. Also he is loud so I'm sure he'll cancel your friend out.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 6:12 AM Quote
I'm so freakin' excited. Can it just be Saturday NOW? :)

Kayte, I wasn't aware this weekend will be your first smores experience. Can I teach you how to make them and say "You're killin' me, Smalls!" Please? :)

I got SO excited when I realized Game 5 on Saturday (that is, if the Wings don't sweep and split in Pittsburgh) will quite possibly be the game where we lift the Cup in Hockeytown!!!!! And I'll be watching it with Kristy! AHHHH! Seriously. Could we have picked a better weekend? :) Kristy said she will film me going crazy :) lol.

Anne and I have planned a new photo to go along with the stabbing of Andy. I think you all will appreciate it. Muahaha.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 1:19 PM Quote
I'm going to spend the next 4 days learning to smile like a real human being and not like that -> :D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 3:15 PM Quote
Nikki, yes we can reenact the entire scene from The Sandlot if you like.

Kristy, you have a beautiful smile.

I can bring my guitar and we can all sing 20 and Just the Faces Change. Those are the only Travis songs I know. Perhaps I can cajole Max into singing, "Closer, closer, meee-ow, mee-ow, meee-ow, mee-ow."

Rachel will be happy to have people to talk hockey with who know more about it than I do. She has started asking very technical questions. And goofy ones.

Do we supply our own s'mores fixings?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 3:21 PM Quote
Wow that sounds fab girlies!!! :) Bet you are all so excited! And I have no idea what s'mores are haha.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 3:25 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Wow that sounds fab girlies!!! :) Bet you are all so excited! And I have no idea what s'mores are haha.

oh dear. They are the greatest thing EVER!.
2 graham crackers, piece of chocolate, roasted marshmallow. Traditionally camping/cottage/bonfire dessert. Also can be made in the oven when you need a fix.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/isler010/asianamericanstudies/smore1.jpg

oh, look. Wiki says they are popular in the States and Canada. We must spread the love to international boardies!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S'mores

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 3:31 PM Quote
"The Sandlot" s'mores scene. Poopy quality, but the good quality one ends before they make the smore.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 3:51 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Do we supply our own s'mores fixings?

No my dear turtle, the supplies will be all be there. The cottage kitchen has a cabinet solely devoted to s'mores supplies. We don't mess around.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 3:51 PM Quote
Anniepants, do you know if there are pie irons at your cottage? If so we can throw delicious pizza sandwiches and apple pies into the food equation.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 4:19 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Anniepants, do you know if there are pie irons at your cottage? If so we can throw delicious pizza sandwiches and apple pies into the food equation.

I don't know off hand. Seems possible though.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
Have fun boardies - looks like you're set for another mad weekend :-D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 6:18 PM Quote
Nik, I fear we are not going to have enough time to make our hotel room as trashed as it was last time. Not to mention that it was entirely Andy's mess.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:17 PM