Travis

A wee boardie weekend adventure
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 3:47 PM Quote
No, Im not refering to my height, but the weekend that is approaching!

Since we are no longer capable of functioning independently from one another, Kayte, Anne, Nikki and I are having a teeny tiny boardiefest this weekend!

Anne is going to be in Michigan for a cousins graduation, and since I am only about 4 hours away, we are meeting up for festivities and smores. Mostly smores.

Saturday we will get to meet the person crazy enough to marry Anne, as well as her lovely children (even if Aidan did tell me that he loved me, and then retracted his statement as it was "just something to say" sigh) and I believe also Kayte's husband and kids along the way (yes?) and shop and watch the Wings game with Nik & perhaps Kayte (i am not sure of you thoughts on Saturday, Miss Turtle) and then Sunday we are heading to Anne's family's cottage for smores and BLTs (yup, thats right, Nikki and I are making BLTs for all) and swimming and boating and tubing if the weather co-operates. I sadly have to leave Sunday night, but I the other gals will have until Monday, and Anne in Michigan until Wednesday.

I'm bringing my laptop so I promise to send you some love along the way. Assuming I can get online at the hotel, and the website isnt lying.

Anyone who feels like hopping on a plane and joining us, you will be fed BLTs and smores and maybe even given a hug. Really, what more do you need?

Re: A wee boardie weekend adventure
moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 3:56 PM Quote
Aww that sounds awesome!

If I wasn't scared of flying and, well, poor lol I'd come and join you :-P

Hope you all have a brilliant time and don't forget to take loads of pictures! :-)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 3:56 PM Quote
I agree with Kristy - it's mainly about the smores. I am super duper excited about our trip. It'll be interesting to see what sorts of questions those three ask Brian such as, "what on earth were you thinking when you married her?" and "how many minutes in a row can she pretend she is normal?"

Kristy I just found out last night that the cottage now has wi-fi so using the computer will be no problem. Except for the sticky fingers due to smores.

Smores may also be how you can win Aidan's love back.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 4:00 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Kristy I just found out last night that the cottage now has wi-fi so using the computer will be no problem. Except for the sticky fingers due to smores.

Your cottage is much more advanced than mine!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 4:10 PM Quote
Wi-fi at the cottage? Silly me, I asked her if they had indoor plumbing! Clearly this is the Jetson's cottage.

I have never had smores. I am looking forward to it with great anticipation.

Yes, you will meet my clan. Should be quite an experience for you all. My children are very, um, lively.

Can't wait to see you!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 4:10 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Your cottage is much more advanced than mine!

Through my early teen years there was a black and white TV with bunny ears and that was it. Now there is a color TV with cable, a DVD player, a VCR (I think though that may have died at this point), and now wi fi. These kids don't know how good they have it!!

And don't even get me started on the hot water heater that was the size of a tea kettle. I took many a cold shower there and now there is a real sized one that allows a user to take a warm shower lasting longer than 25 seconds. It's heaven!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 4:15 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Wi-fi at the cottage? Silly me, I asked her if they had indoor plumbing! Clearly this is the Jetson's cottage.

Yes, you will meet my clan. Should be quite an experience for you all. My children are very, um, lively.

Can't wait to see you!

I wouldn't go as far as the Jetson's but don't worry, we shall all be comfortable. I feel very honored to be part of your first smores experience Kayte! They are a fairly simple food so I feel sure you will like it. And my kids are very, um, lively as well so they can wear each other out. The cottage is a perfect place because they can run around outside screaming and it doesn't bother anyone.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 4:17 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Never had smores before? You are in for a treat!

I hope everyone has a blast. Sounds like it'll be a great time. Although, I hope the cabin is big enough to handle all that craziness...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 4:21 PM Quote
Kayte's first smores!!! This is so exciting!!!

Can I play with the lively children? My mentality is closer to them than the adults.

My cottage has evolved since I was a kid. There is now satalite tv and a dvd players (but still the old atari and first nintendo system are there on an old school tv) but no wifi. And still a teeny hot water heater which means showers are timed. And since my grandfather built it, it is all a little wonky.

But all I need is my hammock and Im happy.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 5:25 PM Quote
Pffff, you think it makes me jealous? My plans for the weekend are waaaay cooler than yours! Like....ummm...studying and watching rain and ummm...cleaning up! Ha!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 5:49 PM Quote
Aww, I would have loved if the Meggster could come shopping with us.
Shoe shopping with my stylist boardie buddy and BLT! What could be better?

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 6:58 PM Quote
Awww, have fun boardie friends!!!! I'm glad you will be with Kayte when she experiences her first s'more. Kayte- they are all kinds of awesomeness!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 7:42 PM Quote
Aww...sounds like lots of fun! Have a great time!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 9:44 PM Quote
You guys better keep us updated on all your activities and any stabbing incidents:P I wish I was there with you all but hopefully we will have another boardie reunion next year.

P.S. If you run into Dusty McNugget, tell him I said hi.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 12:10 AM Quote
I hope Kayte and Njikki bring their axes I mean GEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Tars and you guys all play some punk rock campfire type songs

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times UTC Current Time 2:34 AM