Travis

Jon & Kate + 8... not doing so great
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 5:28 PM Quote
I don't know what the situation is (contracts, alleged cheating, exploitation), but all I can say is that I feel bad for those kids.

That is all.

Re: Jon & Kate + 8... not doing so great
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 5:39 PM Quote
Me too...i don't know about the cheating allegatiosn...i mean it's skeptical but you know the media too...though, i watched the show a few times and kate seems so b*tchy to me...but i guess 8 kids will do that to you....and still, no reason to cheat.

really cute kids....still, yikes!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
The long term effects on these kids aren't going to be good. I think they'll end up resenting their parents when they're older. Imagine if you found out that all of the outings you took as a child even the renewing of your parent's vows were all for ratings.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 5:44 PM Quote
I saw the show once and found Kate so utterly irritating I didn't get why people would watch the show. Clearly at this point the show is ruining their family. If they really care about their kids and marriage they would stop doing it.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 5:45 PM Quote
agreed.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 5:57 PM Quote
I agree, Anne. They should stop doing it, but they won't because they want the money. I couldn't imagine having to deal with family problems/ cheating on TV in front of millions. Watchig that show just stresses me out! And yeah, Kate is a big time bitch. She never even lets Jon speak. It's so annoying!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 5:58 PM Quote
They get about $25,000 per episode. THAT is why Kate does it. She's always whining about "I have to secure their futures." Well, guess what--other large families exist without the benefit of reality television.

I've watched a couple of times and was appalled by the way Kate treats Jon. She rags on him like one of the kids. She completely emasculates him. She's a perfectionist and a control freak. I don't condone cheating, but...ughh. She doesn't treat him like a man or the head of the household. It's embarrassing. Of course he's gonna withdraw from her.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think I'm starting to prefer The Duggars. God help us.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 6:11 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think I'm starting to prefer The Duggars. God help us.

I watch that (blush). But they actually do interesting stuff. They built their own house. They homeschool. They do charity work. They know how to wire a car horn to a brake peddle. That's interesting. Their children are nice because they are taught how to be nice. I can learn from that.

Yes, I think they have taken the whole kid thing too far, but they do better with 18 than a lot of people do with 3.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 6:35 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I've watched a couple of times and was appalled by the way Kate treats Jon. She rags on him like one of the kids. She completely emasculates him. She's a perfectionist and a control freak. I don't condone cheating, but...ughh. She doesn't treat him like a man or the head of the household. It's embarrassing. Of course he's gonna withdraw from her.

my thoughts exactly!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 6:40 PM Quote
it makes me sooooooo sad! Stop doing the show, spend time with your kids, and go into marriage councoulling. It is so depressing.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 6:45 PM Quote
I really just feel sorry for the kids. They had no choice in it, and they're probably going to grow up resenting their parents for it. That or becoming really spoiled brats because of all the attention/money/fame, blah blah. Imagine how different their lives would be! I guess pretty normal. or as normal can be with 8 kids.
I don't really feel sorry for the parents at all, since they chose to do it, and continue to.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 9:00 PM Quote
Yeah this whole "we're doing it to secure their futures" bothers me. I am certain they have earned enough money that and are doing just fine but are just used to getting free appliances and tummy tucks because they let cameramen intrude on their life.

The dude isn't even working now - I think because their lives are too hectic due to all of the TV stuff. Again, QUIT THE SHOW and stop acting like you're entitled to the world because you had a litter of kids.

The one ep I saw they went to Disney World (take a guess who footed the bill on that one). The part that really got me was when the kids were eating ice cream and one of them got it on their shirt and she just flipped out and screamed as if their whole day was ruined. It was just a T-shirt. I expect my kids to get ice cream on themselves when they eat it. Get a napkin and go on with your life.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 9:07 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

The one ep I saw they went to Disney World (take a guess who footed the bill on that one). The part that really got me was when the kids were eating ice cream and one of them got it on their shirt and she just flipped out and screamed as if their whole day was ruined. It was just a T-shirt. I expect my kids to get ice cream on themselves when they eat it. Get a napkin and go on with your life.

Ya she hates mess and freaks out at them if they get messy. The ice cream thing was ridiculous. Im pretty sure I spent 90% of my childhood covered in ice cream or dirt. I remember her yelling that she was going to throw out one of the kids (i think 3 years old at the time) teddy bear or something because it got gum on it and she didnt want to deal. The kid was bawling. If someone tried to take my teddy bear now I would be bawling! Do not mess with Teddy!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 9:45 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Ya she hates mess and freaks out at them if they get messy. The ice cream thing was ridiculous. Im pretty sure I spent 90% of my childhood covered in ice cream or dirt. I remember her yelling that she was going to throw out one of the kids (i think 3 years old at the time) teddy bear or something because it got gum on it and she didnt want to deal. The kid was bawling. If someone tried to take my teddy bear now I would be bawling! Do not mess with Teddy!

She was going to throw out their teddy bear???? That is supreme evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once a friend was saying how much she liked the show and I was saying how I didn't like how uptight she was about messes and such and she said "well you kind of have to be with all of those kids." I feel the complete opposite - if you have that many kids you need to be more go with flow and accepting of normal things like dribbles of ice cream getting on their shirt.

Now I do totally acknowledge with that many kids you have to be really disciplined about order and such but that is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the small things that just happen and will always happen.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:22 PM