Travis

Travis leading the way again ....
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 7:42 PM Quote
This is my fav interview of all time - I know we all seen this b4 ( always great to see this again :) ) - but hey , now , Forest Gigs suddently being the way , the 'new' way and today Sunday Times named Paul Weller and Sugar Babes as leading the way .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=CoE5Y4-oSHw

HEY,TRAVIS BEEN , GOT AND SOLD THE T SHIRT !!

When they re write the musical Bible 'they' will suddenly realise ..gulp .. Travis were the founders of all these things ... Congratulations to all those who knew at the time :)

Re: Travis leading the way again ....
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 7:55 PM Quote
Yes, Travis did it 2 years ago but Travis certainly weren't the first ones either. ;) I went to Sherwood Forest. Was amazing. A little bit of rain for the first song and then it stayed completely dry. Was great! :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 10:40 PM Quote
No not exact first I know , but 'ahead'. :) I went to Dalby Forest, seems like yesterday - when J Smith must just have been on a li'l piece of paper.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 10:43 PM Quote
And when they started playing ReOffender again.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 2:00 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
No not exact first I know , but 'ahead'. :) I went to Dalby Forest, seems like yesterday - when J Smith must just have been on a li'l piece of paper.

Actually, it might not even have been on paper at that time. I think Fran started to write it in the guitar shop towards the end of that year. :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 7:00 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Actually, it might not even have been on paper at that time. I think Fran started to write it in the guitar shop towards the end of that year. :)

How dya know that?!

Wonder what Frans new writing is evolving in to ?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 10:47 AM Quote
Check out Fran's blog "Mix Day 2" from April 2008. ;) Plus, he's mentioned the album was written in 5 weeks apart from Something Anything.

I wonder. I'm thinking more pop Travis. The Invisible Band type stuff. Sing, Follow The Light, Afterglow, Side, Flowers In The Window... :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 10:31 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I wonder. I'm thinking more pop Travis. The Invisible Band type stuff. Sing, Follow The Light, Afterglow, Side, Flowers In The Window... :)

Funny you should say that , I am having a TIB phase at the moment and enjoyingg the mix ; dark with light and detailed .

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 9:05 PM Quote
I doubt whether they'd want to sound too much like any of their album's so far, but they could certainly flourish into a TIB-esque purity of sound, sorta like Quite Free. I'm hoping for a good flow and lyrics which make me care more than the faceless J. Smith ever could, but any good tunes are appreciated :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 10:33 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I doubt whether they'd want to sound too much like any of their album's so far, but they could certainly flourish into a TIB-esque purity of sound, sorta like Quite Free. I'm hoping for a good flow and lyrics which make me care more than the faceless J. Smith ever could, but any good tunes are appreciated :)

Your supposed to think of J Smith in a bath haha - his face would be kinda self explanatory :)

joss
joss Posted Fri 05 Jun, 2009 6:16 PM Quote
Yes, interesting video :-D...Fran and Dougie are amazing.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:00 PM