Travis

Re: Music Videos
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 1:06 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
There's one tv show in Ireland that shows music videos. It's only on once a week though, and it's just an hour long. It rarely plays anything good, but the presenter is gorgeous.

Is that the one on TG4, I thought that was on most nights, shows how much attention I pay to these things these days.

Dubz

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 2:45 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
fenchurch wrote:
There's one tv show in Ireland that shows music videos. It's only on once a week though, and it's just an hour long. It rarely plays anything good, but the presenter is gorgeous.

Is that the one on TG4, I thought that was on most nights, shows how much attention I pay to these things these days.

Dubz

Yeah that's the one, Pop4. It's usually on Saturday and repeated on Sunday or Monday.

Leia
Leia Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 7:11 PM Quote
There are a few TV channels in Russia that show music videos, but usually it's just all this pop rubbish. Only A1 is pretty good, they have a lot of rock videos. Russian MTV's just terrible.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 7:18 PM Quote
VH1 and MTV here in Denmark don't show any music videos either. Well, VH1 does but it seems to be criterion that the video is at least 3 years old.

On the national channel there's a show called Boogie where they do play new videos. However, these new videos are selected by teenagers which means that I haven't heard of half the bands on their playlist. Actually, if I accidentally watch that show, I have no wish to get to know them better.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 7:44 AM Quote
I do get the MTVHits channel but they mostly show newer videos. I also have On Demand from my cable company and where you can look through a bunch of videos with a wider variety to choose from.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 1:57 PM Quote
i watched a nickleback video yesterday , it was hella hypy goin dum like

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 8:52 PM Quote
Here in the UK on freeview there's C4music and TMF. TMF is MTV-related so they play crap in the evenings but during the day both churn out videos pretty much constantly. Mainstream videos get a lot of coverage but if the band's not popular then there aint a hope. I don't think that having a video for a single makes much difference to most artists but everyone's still determined to have one.

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 9:32 PM Quote
I love videos. I knew Travis thanks to WDIAROM vid!

Much Music shows a lot of videos. It has many programmes but they are mostly about music, there are no reality shows. BTW, who is Tila Tequila!!???

I also think that bands continue making videos 'cause it's a way of making themselves more "visibles" to the fans. Imagine us Argentinians, they came only once here (and I don't know if they are ever coming back here) and our CDs and those youtube fans vids... that's too little!!! I need more! : P

Long live (good) music videos!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:58 AM