Travis

Music Videos
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
Now that VH-1 (Video Hits, that's a joke) and MTV (Music Television, another joke) no longer show music videos as far as I can tell...why do musicians still make music videos? Strictly for YouTube? I enjoy watching them, but I wonder if the trouble and expense are worth it for the musicians.

Re: Music Videos
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 6:01 PM Quote
some clubs still play em between bands ,,,but if you're lucky they're showing ultraman instead

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 7:34 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
some clubs still play em between bands ,,,but if you're lucky they're showing ultraman instead

I wouldn't call that lucky. But I do remember that swirly paint bit in the beginning. For some reason it really freaked me out. I thought that must be what the inside of a stomach looks like.
Ultraman

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 9:02 PM Quote
Kayte can I suggest we post our favourite music videos here the only request I would make is that the actual video has to at least have some visual "quality" I mean how many times has video of the year been won by some talentless tosser doing feck all except looking pretty in their vid??

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 7:54 AM Quote
That's a good question, Kayte. It would be very sad to see the music video disappear. Damn you, MTV and VH1!!! I miss the days when they actually played music. *sigh*

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 7:54 AM Quote
That's a good question, Kayte. It would be very sad to see the music video disappear. Damn you, MTV and VH1!!! I miss the days when they actually played music. *sigh*

mili
mili Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 9:04 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I miss that time, too. Here in Finland there's one local channel showing videos, but even they gave up the prime time to another channel and their rubbish programmes. I don't know if the VH1 here in Europe is different to the US one, but they still show videos. MTV Finland is just hopeless, seems to appeal to the teenies, though. And that's worrying!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 1:41 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I wouldn't call that lucky.

no way it's cool when they show em

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 3:04 PM Quote
if video killed the radio star, what killed the video star then?!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 3:08 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

the real world

mili
mili Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 4:45 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Moray wrote:

the real world

If you mean by that reality shows.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 3:19 AM Quote
I blame Audrinnnna

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:122796.jpg

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 4:07 AM Quote
Kayte I've often wondered the same thing. It seems an awful lot of money is spent on something that the "music video" channels will only show 20 seconds of.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 12:25 PM Quote
Anyone from other countries, can you weigh in? Are videos not being played on your stations too?
Ours are definatly going the way of MTV, but there are a few shows (countdowns, etc) that still show videos on a daily basis.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 12:41 PM Quote
There's one tv show in Ireland that shows music videos. It's only on once a week though, and it's just an hour long. It rarely plays anything good, but the presenter is gorgeous.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:27 AM