Travis

Re: Has the board finally died ??
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 2:16 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
you think the board slowness is a factor too ?

Absolutely, it's steadily getting worse and worse recently are the two things linked does it need regular activity to keep up speed ??

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 2:42 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

If I end up having my jaw surgery in a few weeks I'll probably be on here a lot- quite possibly making loopy drug induced posts. So that could be interesting!!

(Maybe I should have to email Kayte all my posts first so she, who will not be on painkillers, can judge the appropriateness of what I've written)

let me spell check for you ? hope it works out . you think the board slowness is a factor too ?

If I feel my post doesn't have enough random z's I shall send it to you.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 2:45 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

the z actually isn't randuZm

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 4:38 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

the z actually isn't randuZm

That made me LOL ^

Anne, you're going to have your jaw wired shut, aren't you? So this will pretty much be your only outlet for communication! Hope it's not too painful. :/

I agree that the board slowness is also a factor. And it seems to be slower for me at night, which is when I post mostly during the week after work. Sometimes I get so frustrated I just say "Ah, f*ck it. It's not that important anyways." And don't post because it's taking too long.

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 4:54 PM Quote
Work is at fault - I should quit! :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 5:06 PM Quote

I agree that the board slowness is also a factor. And it seems to be slower for me at night, which is when I post mostly during the week after work. Sometimes I get so frustrated I just say "Ah, f*ck it. It's not that important anyways." And don't post because it's taking too long. [/quote]

This is EXACTLY how I feel! It really bugs me!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 5:17 PM Quote
I've become really interested in russian folklore, that's probably why I don't post as much as I used to.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

If I end up having my jaw surgery in a few weeks I'll probably be on here a lot- quite possibly making loopy drug induced posts. So that could be interesting!!

(Maybe I should have to email Kayte all my posts first so she, who will not be on painkillers, can judge the appropriateness of what I've written)

let me spell check for you ? hope it works out . you think the board slowness is a factor too ?

Kristy
Kristy Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 7:43 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I know this question comes up now and again when the board becomes quiet but three days worth of posts on one page ?? I also noticed that a lot of the "long timers" are posting less and less or have disappeared all together. Are social networking sites to blame ? Or has everyone just drifted away ?

Dubz

The board has always died on its arse during summer (and summer seems to have started early in the UK!), plus there's exams happening at the moment, so I s'pose there's a lot of people being kept busy with 'life'.
I know I am :(

On a more personal note, I stopped posting for several reasons, one of them being all the groups that were forming. There's always been groups, but there seems to be groups within groups now ... if that makes sense.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 7:46 PM Quote
they monitor our internet usage at work so i've cut back immensely....that's the reason i've drifted...

anyway...big hullo to the old timers! ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 8:00 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Anne, you're going to have your jaw wired shut, aren't you? So this will pretty much be your only outlet for communication! Hope it's not too painful. :/

I'll have thick rubber bands on my braces holding my mouth shut for a week but I can remove them when I want to drink my dinner so it's not as drastic as being wired shut.

They say that it isn't as painful as I fear because your bones don't have a lot of nerves (or none?) and since that is what they are messing with mostly it's more an issue of swelling and eating being so challenging.

Of course first my bastard insurance has to agree to pay for it.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 9:06 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I'll have thick rubber bands on my braces holding my mouth shut for a week but I can remove them when I want to drink my dinner so it's not as drastic as being wired shut.

They say that it isn't as painful as I fear because your bones don't have a lot of nerves (or none?) and since that is what they are messing with mostly it's more an issue of swelling and eating being so challenging.

Are you ok? What surgery do you need?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 10:30 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Oh, that's right. Rubberbands, not wires. Still, your mouth will be shut for most of the day! I hope it works out with your insurance, Annie.

(HI GOOSEY!)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 10:56 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:

I am a freak of nature and for unknown reason the left side of my jaw started growing about 4 years ago. It is now under control but at first I had an extreme amount of pain because it obviously threw my bite off, causing headaches, neckaches, etc.

Once it stopped growing they put braces on me and now my bite is the way they want it for surgery. The surgeons will basically cut out the extra bone and fiddle with my jaw (both sides) to make it match again. But suddenly my insurance is saying they won't pay for it. It involves staying overnight at the hospital so it's quite expensive so there is no way I could just pay for it myself.

I'm currently working with a representative at my husband's company (that is who we have insurance through) and they are talking with the insurance about making an exception.

I say the pain is under control and it mainly is but it still aches pretty much constantly and there are a lot of foods I can't eat because I can't open my mouth wide enough and my jaw is weak I guess you could say and can't handle a lot of crunchy stuff without getting really sore and worn out.

It's a big mess but I'm trying not to worry about it because there isn't much I can do at the moment - I have to let the rep do his job.

If I can find it I'll post an X-ray that shows very obviously how one side is longer (though if you look closely at my face you can tell).

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 11:27 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

UH , let me translate the above,

dude

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:59 AM