Travis

Re: Has the board finally died ??
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 6:45 AM Quote
Kayte, I also agree with everything you said. Juli, I hope not either because I love this place. I've met so many wonderful people through this site. I'm around! Work is 100% to blame for me posting less right now, but I will try to post more!!

mili
mili Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 8:48 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
mili wrote:
I really hope not. Maybe it's the spring and end of schools, final examinations etc? Mind you, not everywhere does the school year finish now.

I'm supposed to be working, been pretty busy lately.
Did you take the job, Dubz?

Not yet? I chucked that job for a reason. If I do take it back it will be on my terms

Dubz

Wow, I didn't realise it was the same job (it sounded suspiciously similar, though)! Guess they couldn't find anyone to replace you, then, you must be good at the job. :^)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 12:18 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Sometimes life is like that. One day you, too, will move on...hopefully for a wonderful reason. But you can always keep in touch with people if you really want to.

"It happens sometimes. Friends come in and out of your life like busboys in a restaurant."
--Narrator,
Stand By Me (the movie, not the song)

Yeah I get what you are saying but at the same time people have always moved on but there were always "new blood" replacing them.(well not replacing them but rather replacing the space they left if you know what I mean). That seems to be happening a lot less these days,

It can't all be down to me being a miserable old git can it ?? ;-P

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 1:35 PM Quote
i blame bush , no i mean coldplay

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 5:47 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yeah I get what you are saying but at the same time people have always moved on but there were always "new blood" replacing them.(well not replacing them but rather replacing the space they left if you know what I mean). That seems to be happening a lot less these days,

It can't all be down to me being a miserable old git can it ?? ;-P
Dubz

You're a right pleasant peach compared to a couple of people I can think of. I'm sure everyone knows who I mean. Those two left a bitter taste in the mouths of lots of boardies, and I know at least one person who flew the coop because of recent unpleasantness. It took a good two weeks before people began posting again, but I don't think the board fully recovered, which is unfortunate. Especially since the trouble makers only pop in long enough to stir up a hornets nest and then disappear for months at a time.

We ALL need to up the fun factor around here.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 8:15 PM Quote
I really hope the board doesn't die.

I've been so busy with revision lately I don't have much time to come on here anymore, luckily I've only got one more exam and then I'll definitely come back and post much more than I have been (summer holidays- it's what they're there for ;-P). The times I do come on here though I mostly spend lurking, either due to there not being an existing thread I feel I could add to or not making a new post as I've not really got anything to talk about- except for exams. I was reading threads when all the 'verbal abuse' was going on and although it wasn't aimed at me I must admit it did put me off posting, just in case it was viewed as irrelavent and I'd get 'attacked' for it. Hey ho, it's all over now.

I know there's a fair number of people on here around my age, and May/June time is exam season for us what with GCSEs and A-Levels. Hopefully once it's over there'll be an upsurge in boardies :-) This place will always beat facebook in my opinion.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 10:15 PM Quote
I've been sick for the past week *sniffles*

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 10:34 PM Quote
I think it will pick up a little during the summer. I also hope the board never dies. That would mean I would have to talk and interact with real people, like my family:P

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 10:48 PM Quote
Nobody should be worried about the board dying. It goes through highs and lows as usual.

kayrill
kayrill Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 12:46 AM Quote
It would be sad if this board dies. Nobody probably knows me because I have never contributed much, but I do enjoy reading posts by regular boardies. I suppose you could call me a stalker/lurker. I have been absent for a year, and now that I'm back, I'm glad to see some familiar names still hanging around...

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 2:53 AM Quote
Oh, I don't think it's dead...well, I hope not, anyway. I think I post as much now, as I did before - which was never really all that much. I have definitely noticed people coming and going, but I think it'll always be that way.

Me, though--just been busy lately. (Out of town and wedding planning and stuff.) I'm sure I'll be around for a long time :D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 12:56 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
mili wrote:
I really hope not. Maybe it's the spring and end of schools, final examinations etc? Mind you, not everywhere does the school year finish now.

I'm supposed to be working, been pretty busy lately.
Did you take the job, Dubz?

Not yet? I chucked that job for a reason. If I do take it back it will be on my terms

Dubz

Wow, I didn't realise it was the same job (it sounded suspiciously similar, though)! Guess they couldn't find anyone to replace you, then, you must be good at the job. :^)

They had someone but it didn't work out although I did an excellent job in training her up. As of an hour ago I am now Administrator for the m/y Christina O.

Dubz

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 1:57 PM Quote
Ironically this post appears to have sparked a bit of action from people again. :P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 2:05 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Ironically this post appears to have sparked a bit of action from people again. :P

It shows at least a few of us are still reading it! I've been busy, my cable was out half of the weekend, and I don't feel like I have many interesting things to say at the moment.

If I end up having my jaw surgery in a few weeks I'll probably be on here a lot- quite possibly making loopy drug induced posts. So that could be interesting!!

(Maybe I should have to email Kayte all my posts first so she, who will not be on painkillers, can judge the appropriateness of what I've written)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 2:10 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

If I end up having my jaw surgery in a few weeks I'll probably be on here a lot- quite possibly making loopy drug induced posts. So that could be interesting!!

(Maybe I should have to email Kayte all my posts first so she, who will not be on painkillers, can judge the appropriateness of what I've written)

let me spell check for you ? hope it works out . you think the board slowness is a factor too ?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:39 PM