Travis

Google Chrome
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 12:14 PM Quote

I am being beset at the moment for ads for Google's new search engine thingy "Google Chrome", has anyone tried it, is it any good. I am quite wary of trying version 1.1 of anything because as a rule the "creases" haven't been "ironed out" yet, just wondered what anyone else thinks...

Dubz

Re: Google Chrome
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 12:23 PM Quote
A pile of crap. I could go into it in a little more depth, but its just rubbish.
Best to stick with Firefox.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 12:28 PM Quote
I'm using it on my laptop and I like it :) There are no bugs and when it's fast it's much faster than other explorers I've used. It slows down sometimes when I'm doing other stuff on the computer as well, but I think it's beacause my computer's really old...

I'm no computer-freak, so this may not be much help for you :P

haz
haz Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 4:24 PM Quote
Greetings!

I've been using 'Da Chrome' since last year and I feckin' love it. It's really clean, like - they've done a nice job hiding away all the noisy navigation icons, and what I really love is the multiple browser option - again, clean and easy. You'll notice plenty of real estate on the browser screen too.

They've even got something called 'Incognito', this is a browser instance you can choose that doesn't store history or cookies n'stuff so you'll be all set when you log into sheepfancier.com for a post-boozer tugfest :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 11:08 PM Quote
I've been using it for a couple of months. As a program to view websites extremely quickly and reliably it's as good as you'll get. It doesn't have add-ons and flashy stuff, so if you're into that then it's not for you, but it makes it wonderfully uncluttered for the rest of us.

However, if you have no problems with whatever you use now there's not much gain in changing.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:31 PM