Travis

U2
yulen10
yulen10 Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 6:58 PM Quote
Hi everybody

I think there will be here U2 lovers. I´m gonna see them next June for 5th time of my life. Is anybody going to the 360 degrees tour?
Which was the best tour in the past for you?

I went to the Zoo Tv in 1992
Zooropa in 1993
Popmart Tour in 1997
Elevation Tour in 2001
I missed the last tour.

For me, their best tour was the Zoo Tv, when they played 10 songs of Achtung Baby.

Let me know something about your experiences... Have a good bank holiday

Re: U2
Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 8:14 PM Quote
I've only seen U2 once, and it was in 2001 for the Elevation tour. What I can say is that it was a really cool experience, particularly because I saw them at the University of Notre Dame in a venue less than half the size of places they usually play. There was definitely a special energy and buzz around campus weeks before and after they played.

P.S. I'd still rather see Travis perform live ANY day. ;)

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 8:45 PM Quote
I went to the Vertigo Tour. I got into the inner ring just by chance that we got in early enough. It was a good show and i did enjoy myself but i wouldn't go to another U2 gig. The gigs are so expensive that it is ridicious! Also i would only be reminded of the person i went with last time and i don't want that to happen!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 8:56 PM Quote
U2 is a great band, but I wouldn't spend that much money to go to a show right now cause in my opinion the latest album is rubbish.

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 10:11 PM Quote
I used to be a huge fan but then Travis came along : )

I went to see them during Pop Mart and Vertigo. Pop Mart blowed my mind (the screen, the giant lemon, etc). It was my first concert (I was 17) and I fell in love with them.

I would have killed to see one gig during the Zoo TV and Zooropa tours. In my opinion, U2's golden period. Achtung Baby and Zooropa are among my favourites CDs of all time. So cruel, Misterious Ways, Ultraviolet, Stay, Daddy is gonna pay..., The first time, Babyface...Oh my... and the list keeps growing and growing...

But I'm not such a great fan now, their music is not appealing to me as it was before. Perhaps that's because I've been "converted" to Travis religion ahahahaha! Nothing's been the same ever since I saw them live... Love them to death!!!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 10:16 PM Quote
Vertigo's brilliant, I'm very disappointed with this album :(

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 4:48 AM Quote
Again, I'm cursed. Being the little sister has its share of good things and bad things...I've "dicovered" music on my own just a few times, it's often my big sister who has introduced me to most bands. At least I can be thankful that it's been only great music so far :)

U2 is no exception to the rule. I remember the first song that called my attention when I was listening to the radio, it was Staring at the sun. I asked my sister who these guys were. She looked at me like saying how can you not know!
I watched the Pop Mart Tour in Buenos Aires on TV, that was when they actually blew my mind, I was eleven at the time. From that moment on I took all of my sister's records and fell head over heels, imagine the learning process, almost 20 years of history to digest...
Then I watched Rattle&Hum...point of no return for me.

I was sitting for exams (first college year) when my sis went to see them in 2006...it was the Vertigo Tour in Buenos Aires, two unbelievable nights I'll never forgive myself for having miss beacause of my stupid responsibility and guilt issues...
Do the Argentinian fans remember a girl who got on stage to sing/shout the lines "No more" in Sunday Bloody Sunday? Allow me to introduce you to my darling sister, as you may see, she's the lucky one in the family...still, I'm very proud and want to follow her footsteps ;)

Sunday Bloody Sunday (min 5:48) - Argentina - 03/02/06

Well, back to MY story, I'm sick of Bono being the social conscience of the world and even though the last couple of records have not been as good as they used to, the Edge was, is and will always be an amazing guitar player, Larry is talking!! (which is a new kind of fun for me), Adam is just there, being so...Adam, haha. Hell, next October 2010 I'll be the first in line for my first U2 concert!! (I'm not counting the U2-3D experience :P) And I'll have my sis by my side, it's going to be freaking awesome!! :D
Thanks for starting this thread, it makes me so happy to anticipate 2010, a great year for come backs (Travis should know that!!)

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 9:28 AM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Again, I'm cursed. Being the little sister has its share of good things and bad things...I've "dicovered" music on my own just a few times, it's often my big sister who has introduced me to most bands. At least I can be thankful that it's been only great music so far :)

U2 is no exception to the rule. I remember the first song that called my attention when I was listening to the radio, it was Staring at the sun. I asked my sister who these guys were. She looked at me like saying how can you not know!
I watched the Pop Mart Tour in Buenos Aires on TV, that was when they actually blew my mind, I was eleven at the time. From that moment on I took all of my sister's records and fell head over heels, imagine the learning process, almost 20 years of history to digest...
Then I watched Rattle&Hum...point of no return for me.

I was sitting for exams (first college year) when my sis went to see them in 2006...it was the Vertigo Tour in Buenos Aires, two unbelievable nights I'll never forgive myself for having miss beacause of my stupid responsibility and guilt issues...
Do the Argentinian fans remember a girl who got on stage to sing/shout the lines "No more" in Sunday Bloody Sunday? Allow me to introduce you to my darling sister, as you may see, she's the lucky one in the family...still, I'm very proud and want to follow her footsteps ;)

Sunday Bloody Sunday (min 5:48) - Argentina - 03/02/06

Well, back to MY story, I'm sick of Bono being the social conscience of the world and even though the last couple of records have not been as good as they used to, the Edge was, is and will always be an amazing guitar player, Larry is talking!! (which is a new kind of fun for me), Adam is just there, being so...Adam, haha. Hell, next October 2010 I'll be the first in line for my first U2 concert!! (I'm not counting the U2-3D experience :P) And I'll have my sis by my side, it's going to be freaking awesome!! :D
Thanks for starting this thread, it makes me so happy to anticipate 2010, a great year for come backs (Travis should know that!!)

Congratulations to your sister! OMG :-)
You´ll love the gig.
On the other hand, some people say that now they love Travis. I think you can love both bands at the same time, like it happens to me ( & other bands such as Radiohead, Coldplay, Franz Ferdinand, etc..)

haz
haz Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 4:26 PM Quote
slightly off topic here but anyway...

I got the deluxe copy of the latest album recently, and it came with a movie. There was a song included in the movie called 'Winter' and it's an awesome song - not on the album at all, b-side I think but it's cracking stuff.

that's it really. cheers.

sallycc
sallycc Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 4:16 AM Quote
i used to be crazy abt u2 when i was in college (much of my roommate's influence) and went to the elevation tour TWICE...never been to another u2 concert since (but still have ALL of their concert dvds)...so i've decided to go to the 360 tour this september at gillette stadium...for me, personally, large part of the reason for going to a u2 show is to see "the show"--in other words, to see the set, production, lights, etc...it's like watching a blockbuster movie: you go just cuz everyone else is going and cuz it's a movie has a lot of amazing CGs, famous cast etc. but i am a huge indie film fan--so when i am at a travis concert, i am there to feel their creative presence, and to enjoy the simplicity...personally, i find travis concerts the most enjoyable because of the simplicity and it's the simplicity that draws me closer and closer to travis...anyway, we are talking about u2 here :) u2 is one of the greatest bands and i look forward to seeing them!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Wed 01 Jul, 2009 5:21 AM Quote
Last night it was the first concert of the tour in Barcelona. The claw looks amazing!! I had no idea what to expect...now I can't believe I'll have to wait patiently until October 2010!!

Here you can find some pretty good videos, look at this preview: Ultraviolet - Bono has a new toy :)

Highlights of the show: "Before Beautiful Day, Bono gave a short speech about Barcelona. Angel Of Harlem is dedicated to Michael Jackson. Before Unknown Caller, the "Space Chat" is revealed - a live link-up with the International Space Station. During this segment, one of the astronauts joined the One Campaign from space. Crazy Tonight is again the re-invented remix version; Larry even ventures out onto the catwalk with a drum during the song. During Walk On, people are on stage wearing those tacky Aung San Suu Kyi masks - but it seems the crowd are not in a hurry to join in on trivialising her plight. The main set ends with Walk On.

The pre-recorded Desmond Tutu speech leads into Streets to open the encore. Streets features distinctive red lighting. Bono talks a fair bit between Streets and One and puts on an FC Barcelona shirt. The performance of One is marred by error and falls apart. The band take a second encore break after it and return with Ultra Violet. Moment Of Surrender closes the concert."

I haven't watch all of the footage but at the moment I can say that I don't like that version of "I'll go crazy...", the masks for "Walk on" didn't turn out as awful as I first thought and Adam is great in "NLOTH"! :D
It's 1 am here but I can't help it, I have to keep watching these vids!! They need to relive the classics...

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 01 Jul, 2009 8:05 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Bono talks a fair bit between Streets and One and puts on an FC Barcelona shirt.

Why Bono, why? :p

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Thu 02 Jul, 2009 9:44 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Ana_Smith wrote:
Bono talks a fair bit between Streets and One and puts on an FC Barcelona shirt.

http://a.u2gigs.com/gallery/2009%20-%20360%20Degrees%20Tour%2F2009-06-29%20-%20Barcelona%20(Photos%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt)%2F2009-06-30_23-45-31_P1020284.jpg
Haha, sorry Bodi :)

(OT: Does Bono look fat or is it just me? :P)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 02 Jul, 2009 10:22 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Monica wrote:
Ana_Smith wrote:

http://a.u2gigs.com/gallery/2009%20-%20360%20Degrees%20Tour%2F2009-06-29%20-%20Barcelona%20(Photos%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt)%2F2009-06-30_23-45-31_P1020284.jpg
Haha, sorry Bodi :)

(OT: Does Bono look fat or is it just me? :P)

Weightiness Ana, Bono has weightiness ;)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 03 Jul, 2009 2:36 AM Quote
I can't imagine Fran like that

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:08 PM