Travis

Re: Why did Fran lose the plot?
missmoo
missmoo Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 3:52 PM Quote
smilerjon wrote:
OK people, I feel it is now time to end the chinese whispers before 'The 4' evicted fans get accused of anything else.

'The 4' were at no point racial, offensive, bigotry or neanderthals. They were simply looking for some band interaction/banter. Which incidently was recieved warmly from Dougie but Fran seemed to take immediate offense. Now this may of been because they interrupted him telling a story about a song but was not down to racial chanting!

Emma - you have been a little hypocritical in calling me an idiot, you have no idea who I am. Weather I am one of 'The 4' or not for you to make a statement like that is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Amanda - your story is a little contridictive and assumptious in places. For example: 'college-aged', 'Scottish' and '...Fran completely glares at these asses during Turn; he is basically so mad that he won't even look at the audience...?' Also, they are sorry for wasting good beer on your dress!

Now in my personal opinion I feel Fran (an International Superstar) could have dealt with this in a better way. For him to accuse 'The 4' of bullying him at school is a little far fetched when the only word chanted was 'Rangers' (incidently that was for Dougie's benefit who was smiling, waving and winking at us all night - ps what a great smile!) Now I know Fran is a Celtic supporter but surely there are better come backs to shut/deal with 4 drunk lads?

But it was funny to see an International Superstar spit his dummy out and throw his toys out the pram over a little bit of band interaction/banter.

'The 4' would like to take this opportunity to thank Travis for a awesome gig and maybe you'll meet again someday!?

Smilerjon.. if you knew this already why bother to post asking what this incident was about? as for the childish remarks you have made one can only say the man in question was going about his buisness trying to earn his bread and butter(FACT)! How much crap would you take whist going about earning yours?? Another fact!.. there are sad losers in this world that deliberatley set out to wind people up. Regardless of who you are or what you do your human! Just because your in the public eye that does not mean you have to put up with crap!

haz
haz Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 4:41 PM Quote

It wasn't racism it was sectarianism. trust me to miss some drama in Boston. oh well.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 4:43 PM Quote
Oh god, has this nonsense made 3 pages? I hope it flutters away now before it reaches 4.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 10:59 PM Quote
Well said Ben. It's a pity some people are determined to slap a huge dampener on a happy occasion but we really don't need to bother with petty arguments here too :)

winatel
winatel Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 1:49 AM Quote
smilerjon wrote:
OK people, I feel it is now time to end the chinese whispers before 'The 4' evicted fans get accused of anything else.

'The 4' were at no point racial, offensive, bigotry or neanderthals. They were simply looking for some band interaction/banter. Which incidently was recieved warmly from Dougie but Fran seemed to take immediate offense. Now this may of been because they interrupted him telling a story about a song but was not down to racial chanting!

Emma - you have been a little hypocritical in calling me an idiot, you have no idea who I am. Weather I am one of 'The 4' or not for you to make a statement like that is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Amanda - your story is a little contridictive and assumptious in places. For example: 'college-aged', 'Scottish' and '...Fran completely glares at these asses during Turn; he is basically so mad that he won't even look at the audience...?' Also, they are sorry for wasting good beer on your dress!

Now in my personal opinion I feel Fran (an International Superstar) could have dealt with this in a better way. For him to accuse 'The 4' of bullying him at school is a little far fetched when the only word chanted was 'Rangers' (incidently that was for Dougie's benefit who was smiling, waving and winking at us all night - ps what a great smile!) Now I know Fran is a Celtic supporter but surely there are better come backs to shut/deal with 4 drunk lads?

But it was funny to see an International Superstar spit his dummy out and throw his toys out the pram over a little bit of band interaction/banter.

'The 4' would like to take this opportunity to thank Travis for a awesome gig and maybe you'll meet again someday!?

I have a question : Were you drunk as well when you were writing this?
and- If you cannot keep your beer and your drunk-self from causing any inconvinience to the people, DON'T DRINK ANYTING except water.

I guess you don't know the word 'apology' ..or 'sorry'

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 6:38 PM Quote
smilerjon wrote:

Your comments above prove I was correct in assuming you were there... so why bother ask why Fran lost the plot.. your apolgy for spilling beer is so idiotic. Are you the one in the Rangers shirt? Calling you an idiot is not -pot kettle black. You were thrown out not me.

smilerjon
smilerjon Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 1:20 AM Quote
The reason I posted this question was to a) try and find out why Fran lost the plot? and b) what BS people would make up about 'The 4'!

Amanda - you need to work on identifying accents, because only 2 of the 4 were Scottish! Also, if you feel you need reimbursing for the gig, my suggestion would be I take you out for dinner sometime? LOL

Emma - None of 'The 4' were wearing a Rangers shirt, one of them was wearing a French National shirt but NOT Rangers. How many drinks did you have?

Gladly - The only chant that came from 'The 4' was Rangers and when Fran jumped into the crowd - 'Hey Big Man, Rangers are gonna win the league this year!'

MoreThanMe - None of 'The 4' are Glaswegian and 3 of the 4 have no connection what so ever with either Old Firm team. Therefore there was no sectarianism either, as stated previously just purely looking for band interaction/banter!

Missmoo - I agree in part, it doesn't matter weather your an International Superstar or not you shouldn't have to put up with crap*. (* In this instance I don't feel Fran was recieving crap) But I felt Fran should have been better equipped to deal with 'The 4' and not sulk! ps I take a lot of crap whilst earning my bread and butter - that's life!

Winatel - thanks for the advice!

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 11:06 AM Quote
smilerjon wrote:
The reason I posted this question was to a) try and find out why Fran lost the plot? and b) what BS people would make up about 'The 4'!

Amanda - you need to work on identifying accents, because only 2 of the 4 were Scottish! Also, if you feel you need reimbursing for the gig, my suggestion would be I take you out for dinner sometime? LOL

Emma - None of 'The 4' were wearing a Rangers shirt, one of them was wearing a French National shirt but NOT Rangers. How many drinks did you have?

Gladly - The only chant that came from 'The 4' was Rangers and when Fran jumped into the crowd - 'Hey Big Man, Rangers are gonna win the league this year!'

MoreThanMe - None of 'The 4' are Glaswegian and 3 of the 4 have no connection what so ever with either Old Firm team. Therefore there was no sectarianism either, as stated previously just purely looking for band interaction/banter!

Missmoo - I agree in part, it doesn't matter weather your an International Superstar or not you shouldn't have to put up with crap*. (* In this instance I don't feel Fran was recieving crap) But I felt Fran should have been better equipped to deal with 'The 4' and not sulk! ps I take a lot of crap whilst earning my bread and butter - that's life!

Winatel - thanks for the advice!

My point kinda explained itself, if your not Glaswegian, dont comment.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 6:56 PM Quote

If and i mean IF that was all that was said i.e thats all that was said and was not repeated constantly to the annoyance of those around them.

Then i think to get upset and have people removed is an extreme reaction

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 6:56 PM Quote

If and i mean IF that was all that was said i.e thats all that was said and was not repeated constantly to the annoyance of those around them.

Then i think to get upset and have people removed is an extreme reaction

missmoo
missmoo Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 1:20 PM Quote
Thanks for your comments smilerjon. Seems though "it was what it was". No biggy. Pretty pointless thread to be honest. No offense.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 4:26 PM Quote

don't wanna offend anyone...

but is this crap these guys pulled there really worth so much attention and discussion afterwards? Or some posts?

Really don't wanna offend anyone...just think ;) ignoring or at least bringing it to an end might be better...

thought that comment on the archive was pretty lame though...
but that's not something knew as I read here..

if u don't agree..just go on posting :) don't waste ur time answering me ;D

a very nice day to you all

WhoFNCares
WhoFNCares Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 7:52 PM Quote
Bloody hell... I heard about this forum from friends and had to come check it out for myself. It really is amusing to see so many people get bent out of shape about what was really a nothing incident. Even more amusing to listen to those same people spout about things they know little about.

In summary - A few lads from the UK go to see a band from the UK and end up shouting about football (which is basically what people from the UK do) and it turns into what some people on here seem to think is an international incident. Calm the f**k down!!

I should make it clear that I was there and I really don't give much of a shit about what happened at the Boston gig. The only reason I'm really posting here is because I have a few spare minutes and thought I'd kill them by giving my own opinion on this incident. For those people who seem to have lost sleep over what happened and are worried about Fran's state of mind, my advice to you is to stop going to gigs as you're clearly not cut out for it - it seems neither is poor Fran.

As someone has already stated, "the 4" as they seem to have been labelled were shouting "Rangers" during the show. If this is enough to get them kicked out of the show, there's something seriously wrong with the HOB policy.

Fran seems to have taken it upon himself to speak for the entire band by saying "we're not interested in football". As someone has already said on this forum though, 3 of the 4 band members are quite open about the fact that they are Rangers fans so Fran's clearly talking out of his arse there. The fact is, he's not a Rangers fan so he got all upset about the fact that people in the crowd were looking to connect with the other band members and not just him.... way to be a team player!! Unfortunately for him, it's not the "Fran" show but in fact the "Travis" show.

Second - as has also been stated, Fran is supposed to be the lead singer of a seasoned group who have been touring and making records for well over a decade. It's not like this is his first time on stage. He has the mic in his hand and he has the power. If he wasn't happy with some people in the crowd, he should have buried them there and then and used the situation to his advantage and to the entertainment of everyone else - instead, he practically broke down on stage and revealed some major insecurities in his persona talking about how he was "bullied when he was younger" and decided to cut his encore short (good job taking care of your fans, Fran). GROW A SET OF BALLS, MAN!!

Finally, for the people who are ludicrosuly claiming this was an act of "racism", "bigotry" or "sectarianism", you should be careful about how you throw these words around as it somewhat shows your own ignorance. Using them in reference to this incident is irresponsible as they don't accurately reflect the situation. Were these lads drunk, loud and a bit of a pain in the ass??.... probably but that's a far cry from being any of the above.

To the girls in the front row who seem to have gotten so upset about them, maybe next time you should turn around and simply tell them to "shut the f**k up!". Might as well give that a try as opposed to waiting until after the fact and then coming onto a message board to piss and moan.

As for Travis themselves, I thought this was a pretty good show so well done to all the lads (even you Fran! Please lighten up a bit though, man). As for the HOB, it seems they need to decide what type of venue they're really going to be - a proper music venue or a watered down version of one that is actually a restaurant and retail store that happens to have live music. I really hope it's the former as Boston could do with another good venue.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 9:46 PM Quote
Was the irony in the "coming onto a message board to piss and moan" line intentional? To think that I nearly missed it.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 10:10 PM Quote
Seriously what do you have to gain from trying to make Fran look bad? Cause I can't see no other reason to why you're nagging about this and I find it really silly that you think Fran would get offended by a bunch of guys cheering for a football team, they must have done something more to cause this kind of reaction. What are you after?

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:57 AM