Travis

Re: Why did Fran lose the plot?
Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 2:02 PM Quote
well done to Fran that kind of thing annoys the hell out of me , its all over the place here in the west of scotland. Travis are a great example of gettin over that pettyness Fran's a Catholic (well raised a Catholic and a Celtic fan) and the rest of the band are rangers fans. If these guys were Scottish there a total embarrisment

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
Thanks for the clear up Amanda.

Why do drunk ppl always think being disrespectful is fun/ok? That really sucks for the band. After the Chicago gig Fran said that hecklers don't bother him, but clearly these d-bags were more than just heckling.

That is really cool that Travis brought on the Republic Tigers and crew for the end! Meh, that was a bad bit of luck for their last show, but now they can go home to their families and chill out for a bit.

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 4:45 PM Quote
no problem everyone.
now that i know what those jerks were doing, it makes it much much worse. clearly there was an intention to be offensive and to be racist! i've seen the band heckled before too, but this absolutely takes the cake. fran's reaction was completely understandable. i was so mad anyway at these guys that i wanted to turn around and punch them in the face, even though i didn't know about the bigotry.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 5:38 PM Quote
Poor idiots...

But yeah thanks for clearing it out.

cornax
cornax Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 6:39 PM Quote
Racism is NEVER funny. It's never just in good fun. And should NEVER be tolerated. I'm glad that Fran and the surrounding audience members wouldn't put up with it.

sallycc
sallycc Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 11:26 PM Quote
the house of blues staff should have reacted more quickly! i am so gonna write the complaint in the online survey i have been asked to do...i love "the cage" and i think i can understand why travis didn't play "good feeling", given the circumstance...well, i hope travis can take a very relaxed vacation and please please come back to boston soon!

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 1:30 AM Quote
sally, you should. i completed my survey today and i complained about it. i also complained about the fact that House of Blues lets people cut the line if they spend $20 at their restaurant or in the gift shop! That's basically bribing the venue, on top of what LiveNation already charged us to buy tickets.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 3:08 AM Quote
aww is really sad read something like this... what a way to finish their US/Canada gig...is really annoying why the crew didnt act quickly if everybody see them... shame, I hope Travis wont get a bad idea from Boston!

cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 10:53 PM Quote
thank you for the explanation... i heard about it & didn't know the whole story... now everything is clear.. and understandable..
Stupid drunken guys....

smilerjon
smilerjon Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 11:17 PM Quote
OK people, I feel it is now time to end the chinese whispers before 'The 4' evicted fans get accused of anything else.

'The 4' were at no point racial, offensive, bigotry or neanderthals. They were simply looking for some band interaction/banter. Which incidently was recieved warmly from Dougie but Fran seemed to take immediate offense. Now this may of been because they interrupted him telling a story about a song but was not down to racial chanting!

Emma - you have been a little hypocritical in calling me an idiot, you have no idea who I am. Weather I am one of 'The 4' or not for you to make a statement like that is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Amanda - your story is a little contridictive and assumptious in places. For example: 'college-aged', 'Scottish' and '...Fran completely glares at these asses during Turn; he is basically so mad that he won't even look at the audience...?' Also, they are sorry for wasting good beer on your dress!

Now in my personal opinion I feel Fran (an International Superstar) could have dealt with this in a better way. For him to accuse 'The 4' of bullying him at school is a little far fetched when the only word chanted was 'Rangers' (incidently that was for Dougie's benefit who was smiling, waving and winking at us all night - ps what a great smile!) Now I know Fran is a Celtic supporter but surely there are better come backs to shut/deal with 4 drunk lads?

But it was funny to see an International Superstar spit his dummy out and throw his toys out the pram over a little bit of band interaction/banter.

'The 4' would like to take this opportunity to thank Travis for a awesome gig and maybe you'll meet again someday!?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 12:03 AM Quote
smilerjon wrote:
OK people, I feel it is now time to end the chinese whispers before 'The 4' evicted fans get accused of anything else.

'The 4' were at no point racial, offensive, bigotry or neanderthals. They were simply looking for some band interaction/banter. Which incidently was recieved warmly from Dougie but Fran seemed to take immediate offense. Now this may of been because they interrupted him telling a story about a song but was not down to racial chanting!

Emma - you have been a little hypocritical in calling me an idiot, you have no idea who I am. Weather I am one of 'The 4' or not for you to make a statement like that is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Amanda - your story is a little contridictive and assumptious in places. For example: 'college-aged', 'Scottish' and '...Fran completely glares at these asses during Turn; he is basically so mad that he won't even look at the audience...?' Also, they are sorry for wasting good beer on your dress!

Now in my personal opinion I feel Fran (an International Superstar) could have dealt with this in a better way. For him to accuse 'The 4' of bullying him at school is a little far fetched when the only word chanted was 'Rangers' (incidently that was for Dougie's benefit who was smiling, waving and winking at us all night - ps what a great smile!) Now I know Fran is a Celtic supporter but surely there are better come backs to shut/deal with 4 drunk lads?

But it was funny to see an International Superstar spit his dummy out and throw his toys out the pram over a little bit of band interaction/banter.

'The 4' would like to take this opportunity to thank Travis for a awesome gig and maybe you'll meet again someday!?

Fran is one of the friendliest and most humble celebrities around. If he was pissed off, I'm going to go out on a limb and say there was a damn good reason for it. Travis gigs are all about having fun, but clearly what you see as simple interaction and banter ruined the encore of the concert for everyone in attendance and Travis had to end their North American tour on that note. Nice job, dumbass.

Anyway, I’d just like to say thanks to Fran, Dougie, Andy, Neil for two amazing, rocking shows in Chicago and Cleveland!!! Oh, and when you come back, make sure there’s a Detroit date. We love you here.

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 1:12 AM Quote
smilerjon -- seeing as how i was right in front of them and they were screaming, i'd say it was pretty clear that i could hear their accents. And I spoke to Andy afterward and he said they were Scottish.

there were times when Fran had his head down toward the audience, but seeing as how I was front row, I could see him glaring at the asses.

and speaking of presumptive, since you said: "Also, they are sorry for wasting good beer on your dress!" i assume that you're one of the four culprits. in which case, either take your psych meds before you go out in public or go see a therapist about this desperate need for attention that you and your little friends have. May I ask why you felt it relative to start chanting about soccer during a concert when the lead singer of the band says clearly that the band isn't even interested in the sport? Do you go to baseball games and start heckling the players about baking cakes?

And lastly: If heckling is your hobby, please do it in private where you're not wasting the time and money of a thousand people who paid good money to watch a band, not hear you slur at someone who has no interest in picking a fight with you! As far as I can tell, you owe me and everyone else who attended that show the price of admission.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 11:26 AM Quote
So smiler. What was said exactly ? and i mean word for word if possible.

cornax
cornax Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 2:19 PM Quote
smilerjon wrote:

I can't help but notice you've used a racial slur ("chinese whispers" based on the notion that the Chinese language is gibberish) to deny the allegedly racist comments. I'd say that's funny but I've already made a case that racism is never funny. So...consistent! You are nothing if not consistent!

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 2:35 PM Quote
Where to start here.....?

Firstly, im never one for being too over sensitive when it comes to folk at gigs being a bit drunk and possibly saying/doing things out of turn or things that would be deemed de-constructive to the evening. As, im sure I may (in my younger years ) be being hypocritical.

But, being a Celtic fan born and raised in Glasgow I would like to think I have a good foundation of knowledge to base my response on this around.

1. If tried in Glasgow......Lynched. If your lucky. But, escaping that you'd be branded a wanker at the very least.

2. Id like to know if the people who chanted anything are ,or have ever been to Glasgow, if they are themselves Glaswegians then they should know better than to be broadcasting the mindless bigotry abroad. Cant speak for Rangers, but Celtic fans have won awards for good behaviour in the past. Google it.

But this aint about one side or the other.

3. If they have never been to our fair city, please dont assume to know anything about our problem with sectarianism... Deaths every Old Firm day. And make light of that. Because to some people, me included, even simply chanting " Rangers " or " Celtic " is really bad news. Not for the act, but for what may follow if taken the wrong way by a moron of either side. It happens, always will.

4. Who gives a fuck about Old Firm sectarianism? Its a Travis gig. Enjoy yourselves guys but dont start that pish...It brings us, our country, our traditions down, we have been trying to eradicate this for 30 plus years which is probably why Franny was angry (If he was).

Anyway...... Bring on album 7 i say!!!!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:32 AM