Travis

Re: Sincerest apologies - Love, Chicago
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 12:53 PM Quote
Everyone have bad days at the office, I'm sure they'll get over it :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 5:10 PM Quote
Yup, I agree. A few stupid people in the crowd werent going to ruin that in anyway. Especially in our little cacoon of boardie love. Im glad that it didnt ruin anything for Tyler and Sandy and the finger was indeed pretty awesome. If he is going to put a ring on yours, he should get to share his with the crowd
There is always an ass. There is always going to be an ass. But that is not what I am going to remember about the show, or the weekend.
It was dissapointing that Fran had such a rough time with the mic, etc on our big night, but it he really did sound incredible and it was completely understandable as to why he was upset. And because of the mic, we got a truely beautiful fully acoustic version of 20 that will forever be one of the highlights of the show.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:35 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
And because of the mic, we got a truely beautiful fully acoustic version of 20 that will forever be one of the highlights of the show.

Um, I couldn't agree more! It was awesome and I was SOOOO glad to be right up front to hear it!! How often does anyone get to hear an unplugged Fran LIVE!?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:48 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
minnmess wrote:
And because of the mic, we got a truely beautiful fully acoustic version of 20 that will forever be one of the highlights of the show.

Um, I couldn't agree more! It was awesome and I was SOOOO glad to be right up front to hear it!! How often does anyone get to hear an unplugged Fran LIVE!?

I think he likes to do it that way as much as he can. For example, Austin 2007

I do wonder if he would have done it that way at the Vic if it wasn't for the mic issue.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 11:13 PM Quote
Speaking as a person who's been that loud mouth at a show and have been unfortunate to stand next to a loud mouth at a show , thats what a rock show is all about . TRAVIS is pretty close to the spirit of punk rock , they're no robots . Tyler totaly added to the spontaneity of a GREAT rock show . And while under attack , he carried on with dignity , style and uber class . He also kept street cred with the slight flip of the bird . WIN WIN for him in my book . Wish the couple well in all their future endeavors .

Uber rad of the band taking the gracious effort to support their faZn

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 11:42 AM Quote
Rude or not rude, I don't care. However I find it a bit retarded to shout like an idiot during a proposal. If you want to freak out chose your occasions, WDIAWR is a perfect moment to jump and shout. C'mon guys, we're not cavemen!

collectiveoasis
collectiveoasis Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 8:16 PM Quote
I can understand everyone being all apologetic to the band for a few people, but I read this board and all I think is it's unnecessary. I think over the years, the guys realize that there are people who come along with friends that "have extra tickets" or people that have just won a radio contest, that come along just to get drunk and shout. I think the whole show was pretty amazing, however, I haven't seen the band since... 2001 I think. It did feel a little tense, but I think it might have had something to do with the "mosquito bites on the lips!" It was a great show, but not all shows are going to be great for the band, on that note, I had a friggin' blast watching everyone.

ALSO..

CONGRATS TO THE NEWLY ENGAGED! That was awesome and I'm sad I didn't think of proposing in that fashion first!

krzmo15
krzmo15 Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 8:31 PM Quote
it really just all depended who you were standing by. from my area, it was amazing! everybody was really into the show and yeah they said a few comments but to be comical. i just hope the band isn't thinking chicago is rude because i did not get that impression at all. seemed like a normal concert to me!

finchykins
finchykins Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:41 PM Quote
This was my first show and I thought it ROCKED! There are always going to be idiots in the crowd. Surely Fran is professional enough to get past it and do what he does best. I thought he did! It's a shame that none of the crew could solve his mic issues. Was it me or did he practivally have to beg them to get something done? Next time Travis comes to Chicago, it'll definately be worth the trek again. Or if the fans put them off too much, maybe they could come to St Louis instead;)
Congrats to the new couple. Drunken shout aside, It was a beautiful proposal. You will have a great story to tell your kids one day!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 1:17 AM Quote
collectiveoasis wrote:
It did feel a little tense, but I think it might have had something to do with the "mosquito bites on the lips!" It was a great show

Omg is that how he phrased it? That sounds beyond painful. I can't imagine. :(

collectiveoasis
collectiveoasis Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 6:40 AM Quote
Yeah, it's not like overly painful, but it's something that should NEVER happen to a professional musician, so I understand why he could be a little upset.

bowens57
bowens57 Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:48 PM Quote
clatter wrote:
Sadly, I've been to a handful of shows that were marred by dorks in the audience, and the King Dork who yelled "pussy" in Chicago happened to be standing in front of me. He had been downing the brewskies all evening, so hopefully he has that as an excuse. I thought the proposal came off beautifully even in spite of the *true* pussies, who would never have the guts to do that.

Thanks for that comment. The guy who proposed is my son, the coolest and most gracious guy I know, not to mention incredibly brave to propose on stage like that.

My beautiful, future daughter in law has been telling me how great Travis is for a few years now and because they let my son do that, I'm a big fan too!

Thanks again to all of your for your kind words about my Tyler and Sandy.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:54 PM Quote
Your son is a bad ass and Sandy is a complete sweetheart. I'm glad I got to witness the proposal.

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:59 PM Quote
bowens57 wrote:
clatter wrote:
Sadly, I've been to a handful of shows that were marred by dorks in the audience, and the King Dork who yelled "pussy" in Chicago happened to be standing in front of me. He had been downing the brewskies all evening, so hopefully he has that as an excuse. I thought the proposal came off beautifully even in spite of the *true* pussies, who would never have the guts to do that.

Thanks for that comment. The guy who proposed is my son, the coolest and most gracious guy I know, not to mention incredibly brave to propose on stage like that.

My beautiful, future daughter in law has been telling me how great Travis is for a few years now and because they let my son do that, I'm a big fan too!

It was truly an honor to get to witness their proposal at the Vic in Chicago; another great memory to associate with a Travis concert!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 8:00 PM Quote
bowens57 wrote:

Welcome aboard, Butch! So glad you made it, and thank you for the lovely words. Now, we just need to get you all of the cds, the b-sides, a couple of t-shirts, and you'll fit rigth in ;D

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:19 AM