Travis

Re: Salt Lake City tonight!
leticia
leticia Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 1:24 PM Quote
OMG! Great setlist!! And they did playes "Hit me baby..."!!! Lucky YOU!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
That is an amazing set list. Can't wait to hear more about it.

pcg
pcg Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 3:01 PM Quote
Quote:
12. Side/My Eyes/Side (This totally rocked!)

I have to believe you mean "Side/Eyes Wide Open/Side", yes? (That's what they played at the Wiltern... and yes, it totally rocked. :-)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 3:38 PM Quote
OMG Mer!!!!!!!! That set list sounds AMAZING. I seriously love 3 Times. That right into Chinese Blues would be awesome. Also, I love the idea of this Side-Eyes Wide Open (or My Eyes)-Side thing! Soooo cool! Oh man, I'm so giddy. :D

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 4:23 PM Quote
Haha they played 'Hit me baby...' :D

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
Great setlist, love 3 Times and You Lose as the first song. Awesome encore.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 5:27 PM Quote
OMG! Meridith, what an amazing setlist! I KNEW 3 Times would make an awesome intro!

Oh, I hope they do that in Chicago...oh, and add More Than Us in there somewhere too :D

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 5:40 PM Quote
Sounds like it was a great show-can't wait to hear more about it!

ryfighter
ryfighter Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 6:34 PM Quote
The setlist really was fab. I'm still giddy.

This was my first Travis show. I must say it is right up there for my favourite shows of all time. I loved the personalities of each band member. The energy was incredible. I could tell they genuinely loved playing for us. Such an intimate, wonderful show.

You gonna post your pic with Fran, Meri?

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 8:24 PM Quote
Wow I LOVE this setlist!!! Blue Flashing light and Humpty Dumpty in one gig :-D
Come on Mer, I want to see your piccy with Fran ;-)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 9:32 PM Quote
pcg wrote:
Quote:
12. Side/My Eyes/Side (This totally rocked!)

I have to believe you mean "Side/Eyes Wide Open/Side", yes? (That's what they played at the Wiltern... and yes, it totally rocked. :-)

Yes, that's what I meant...thank you! I've fixed it now. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 9:50 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

Come on Mer, I want to see your piccy with Fran ;-)

Me too! :)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 10:36 PM Quote
Sounds amazing!! Can't wait for pictures!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 10:52 PM Quote
Okay, here's the review I posted on the tour archive...

What an amazing show Travis put on for us in SLC! This was my third time seeing them live and as always, they put on an incredible show! The venue was great and the sound was too. They started off with a bang playing 3 Times and You Lose going right into Chinese Blues. I was so excited about this as 3 Times and You Lose is one of my favorites! They played a great mix of old and new throughout the night. Hearing some of the songs off Ode to J. Smith live was incredible! I especially loved hearing J. Smith and Before You Were Young (with the gong!) Okay, who am I kidding, I loved hearing everything they played! During Closer, Fran held out the mic for the crowd to sing along. Everyone was really into it and Fran even complimented us on our singing. The Side/Eyes Wide Open/Side mix was a BIG highlight. Wow! The two songs flowed perfectly together. During Falling Down, Fran went out into the crowd to sing and made some fans very happy by dancing with them. The Humpty Dumpty Love Song was a highlight for me as well. And of course, no Travis show is complete without AIWTDIR, and Travis certainly rocked that one! Andy standing on the orange amps and Fran jumping off the drums is classic. Loved hearing Dougie sing his lines in Turn too! When the guys came back out for the encore, Fran joked about how we were all there at the show because the Britney Spears show was sold out and we wanted to have something to do. This of course was far from the truth! But with that, they went into playing Hit Me Baby One More Time...which rocked! I was happy to finally hear the guys play this one live. Next up was WDIAROM and during the song Fran stopped and said it was tradition to do the pogo at the end, during the chorus, and the SL show was no exception! So we all pogoed at the end and yes our calves were sore but worth it! There is nothing like doing the pogo to bond people together. :) After that they played Blue Flashing Light which was also incredible to hear live. Another treat was hearing Slideshow next. My husband was especially excited to hear this one. He even offered someone $5 on the board if they could get the guys to play that one. So, I guess he owes someone $5! Last but not least was Flowers in the Window unplugged. What a great way to end the show! As they were leaving the stage, Fran reached out and shook many of our hands. Pretty cool if you ask me!

Like I said...an amazing show and we Salt Lakers were so incredibly happy that they chose to stop here on this tour! We hope that they won't wait so long to come back again. They were full of energy and gave us quite the night! Travis is always such a great band to see and last night was no exception. They really put their hearts into it and you can tell they really love what they do. Not only does their music totally rock, but their interaction with the crowd and their genuine kindness makes them even more lovable and a great band to see live. Hands down they are the best and it's really no wonder at all why we all love them so much. Thanks so much guys for another rockin' show!

The Republic Tigers were great too. I really enjoyed hearing them live! We got there early so I had a spot on the front row between Fran and Dougie. It was such a great night! Got to talk with Fran for a minute after the show. It was cold and rainy outside so we left after talking with him. I'm so giddy and excited for Chicago! The setlist was seriously awesome! It was funny, when they were playing Baby One More Time, the lady next to me was not happy about it. She kept shouting out about it too. I recorded it and if I can ever figure out how to get it posted I will and you can hear it. The rest of the crowd loved it though!

I posted pictures on the tour archive page, but I will post them in this thread too.

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:00 PM Quote
Meridith!! I've just seen your pic with Fran and I love it. It's really cute. He is all smiles...! : ) It seems that you had a great time...

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:26 AM