Travis

LA
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 6:21 PM Quote
Hey everyone! I'm writing to you from my hotel room in LA. My mom decided on thursday at the last minute that she wanted to see a Travis show when I told her they probably weren't coming back for a while. Soooo, we dropped everything we had on Friday and drove the 6 hours to LA. I should also mention that on Thurs about an hour after we made all our plans I fell and think I have rebroken my foot that never fully healed (i'm a klutz). But, it was totally worth it (although pogoing on one foot was mighty difficult). I have only attended 3 Travis shows now, but that was by far the best one-what a great crowd (except the two girls that managed to push me an entire two rows back in the beginning). I'll do a full and proper review and pictures later, but here is the setlist as I remember it.

First part of 3 Times and You Lose right into Chinese Blues
Writing to Reach You
J Smith
Selfish Jean
Re-offender
Side/Eyes Wide Open (fuckin' amazing!!!)
Something Anything
Long Way Down
Love Will Come Through
Falling Down
Closer
Sing
Humpty Dumpty Love Song
All I want to do is Rock
Before You were Young
Turn

Sarah (Fran Only)
Why Does It Always Rain on Me
My Eyes
Slideshow
Blue Flashing Light (!!!!)

The songs in the middle section are probably out of order.

Hung around until the band came out around 1:30AM and now I can't move, but it is all worth it. So I have had an absolutley amazing week. Thank you so much Fran, Andy, Dougie and Neil for the amazing shows!!! (and pictures and autographs!) I know you said you wouldn't be back for a while, but I'll be waiting.

Re: LA
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 6:33 PM Quote
Oooh man, This makes me wish I could have gone to the LA show!! I went to the Anaheim one, but I had a gut feeling that LA would be EPIC.

Glad you had a great night!!! Hope the leg gets better :)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 7:59 PM Quote
Lindsey, that's awesome you went to the LA show too! And that your mom wanted to go! Sorry about your foot though, but am glad it was such a great night. That set list ROCKS too! I so hope they do something similar in SLC next week. Can't wait to see pics! Yay!

calicbl
calicbl Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 9:01 PM Quote
It was a GREAT show! I didn't expect them to play Falling Down or Slide Show, so those were nice surprises. Also, I think I was standing RIGHT next to you in the pit, Lindsey, hah. Crazy coincidence, right?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 9:35 PM Quote
Lindsey that is great that you got to go again. Sounds like a great show. I can't wait to share my own tale.

And that is funny that calicbi was right next to you.

Hope your foot heals. I think you are clumsier than me. That's a feat.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:58 PM Quote
Hey LindsEy, sorry about your foot but that's awesome that you went to see them again. I'm glad the crowd was into it and I hope they keep that momentum all the way to Chicago.

P.S. Rest your foot:)

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 12:58 AM Quote
Roadtrip and rockin' setlist! Nice story. 6 hours to LA is bookin'! How did you bypass LA traffic? LOL. Hope your foot gets well soon.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 1:40 AM Quote
Oh god, I am soooo jealous it's unreal. Sounds like you have had an amazing week....pics asap please!! Hope your foot feels better soon hun xx

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 1:58 AM Quote
Thanks for all the get-well foot notes!

velouria
velouria Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 2:01 AM Quote
YAAY! I was there too! I went to both the Anaheim and LA show and it was amazing. Met them after the show, and they were so awesome. The pogo-ing was super fun but I must say, a bit tired towards the end. Haha. Sorry to hear about yer foot, but hey, at least you had an awesome time.

LAchickclicks
LAchickclicks Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 2:02 AM Quote
lindsey22295 i saw you outside waiting for them after the show...hehe i was waiting for them as well...and it was so cold out. hi everyone! pretty new fan here. my friend whose been a fan of travis since the 90's constantly talks to me about them. popped into my local record store amoeba and bought a few of their albums (not complete but i'm going to make a trip back there to find the singles and what not).

last night was my first time seeing them, actually thursday night in anaheim was. super duper awesome show!! we had tons of fun! :) are they touring in the UK this summer? i'm heading there this summer. heh.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 3:52 AM Quote
Hey Linds! SO cool you got to see another show, and that your mom wanted to go with you! That set list is AMAZING. The 3 Times right into Chinese Blues sounds so interesting! Also, you heard Sarah live! Ahhhhhhhh! OMG, I'm so so SO excited for Chicago!!!!! Sorry to hear about your foot. Get well soon.

ps: I love your profile pic. You look adorable next to Dougie. :)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 6:19 AM Quote
I've just uploaded a video to youtube-that took forever!

Sarah!

Sorry about the shaking.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 7:14 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
I've just uploaded a video to youtube-that took forever!

Sarah!

Sorry about the shaking.

OMG!!!!!!! <3 I might cry if they play it in Chicago! Such a beautiful song!

Scottish Love
Scottish Love Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 7:20 AM Quote
I was there, and I was waiting for them too! Always worth it, even though this was my fourth time seeing them! :D I wish I was closer when Fran jumped into the crowd for "Falling Down"! :D I love that they performed that and "Slideshow"!!!!!!! ^__^ It was an amazing show!

Ahh, thank you for uploading the video of Sarah too! *g*

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:53 AM