Travis

Re: Is Facebook causing fewer posts here?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:57 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I am currently performing a new-age ritual with crystals, aroma therapy, chanting, and exotic modern dance moves to rid the board of previous negative energy. Is it working yet? Should I post a picture?

LOL! You're so funny, Kayte.

I agree with Anne, Kristy and Swede Boy. The Nighttiming thread has definitely been affected by Facebook, because all of those boardies just chat in real time now -- it’s easier because the board is so slow. Also, all of that negative bull shit was a real downer and made people not want to post for fear of being attacked. However, the only things I say on Facebook are things I wouldn’t post here anyways. So, besides the Nighttiming thread, I don’t think it’s changed my regular posting. I think it will pick up a ton once the ABC is over and we’re all posting pictures, reviews and whatnot. I heart this place will probably never ditch it for FB or any other social Network. :)

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:59 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So you've never fought for something you love ??

I don't mean phsically fight it's about passion and being passionate.

Dubz

agree on that

been here almost everyday...but find the last few threads a bit boring (just for me) ...so I didn't really participate...(don't think uv missed me ;)much :) )

those threads fav. song/book/film of the day etc:...I sometimes read them -when I'm looking for a new book to buy or something..but it's nothing really u can discuss or talk about, can you?

I'm looking for a discussion..for some heat in it :)
that'd be worth fighting for :)

That's why I think - the low flow has nothing to do with facebook..I guess on fb u discuss more private things or comment on pictures etc. but no cool, passionate discussions there either...

That's why I loved those religeouse threads(f.e.) - just because! opinions and beliefs are generally not congruent there..and there's always some passion to find in it...

but then again, u can't just pluck something out of the air, can u?

;) hopeing for another funny story in the "todays...news" thread..maybe another subway/bus whatever story?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:59 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I've given it thought and come to a startling conclusion. No, I don't think I really have fought for anything. The startling part is, I tried to think of something (other than my family) that I feel passionate about, and I couldn't think of anything. I am completely bland and void of passion. That can't be good.

Kayte that is so not true !! I can't actually think of a specific time but I'm positive you and I have had a "heated" (for want of a better word) discussion on here at some point.

Oh and if not then perhaps it just goes to show that maybe the only thing that deserves your passion is your family... Kudos to you !!, you & they are very lucky

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:10 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I've given it thought and come to a startling conclusion. No, I don't think I really have fought for anything. The startling part is, I tried to think of something (other than my family) that I feel passionate about, and I couldn't think of anything. I am completely bland and void of passion. That can't be good.

Anne that is so not true !! I can't actually think of a specific time but I'm positive you and I have had a "heated" (for want of a better word) discussion on here at some point.

Oh and if not then perhaps it just goes to show that maybe the only thing that deserves your passion is your family... Kudos to you !!, you & they are very lucky

Dubz

I'm not Anne. Anne is passionate.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:12 PM Quote
dee wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I am currently performing a new-age ritual with crystals, aroma therapy, chanting, and exotic modern dance moves to rid the board of previous negative energy. Is it working yet? Should I post a picture?

please post pictures, i love crystals, and that exotic dance sounds intriguing....maybe a video too?

I'm sorry, I've spoken to the elders and they said our rituals are not to be photographed in any way.

dee
dee Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:17 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
dee wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

please post pictures, i love crystals, and that exotic dance sounds intriguing....maybe a video too?

I'm sorry, I've spoken to the elders and they said our rituals are not to be photographed in any way.

teeheehee, convenient:)

i think that is noble that you are passionate for only your family.it means they have your full intentions.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Anne that is so not true !! I can't actually think of a specific time but I'm positive you and I have had a "heated" (for want of a better word) discussion on here at some point.

Dubz

I'm not Anne. Anne is passionate.

I'm so sorry, Kayte. I knew there was something wrong with that last post as soon as I hit the submit button, but the same still applies. For exampple you were very passionate that your Oldies thread contained nothing from after 1970, yes??

Penitent Dubz

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

haha...right...that can't be good..

but if everbody's off in fb - since the board is sometimes really really....slooooow...

do you care sharing ur names - so one can find you guys on fb? Unless you don't want to be found...of course...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:50 PM Quote
I notice here that there is a recurring theme regarding "negativity", Since we're all being honest here I for one was not happy about the clique that developed within the board, There was an element of a "cool" gang, which went so far that if interesting posts were submitted they were blatantly ignored unless posted by certain members, This went so far as certain posts were made by boardies and blatantly ignored, then a couple of weeks/months later when a "cool" boardie posted the same subject there were loads of replies... is this not just, if not more so, anti social behaviour. I for one am guilty of negativity but my negativity expands to cover all, I endeavour not to demean boardies by turning my nose up at them or thinking they are beneath me.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 12:04 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
dee wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

just a google search away

http://pro.corbis.com/images/TS003928.jpg?size=67&uid=%7BDBFB0790-2C67-4387-A74E-69AE4330A8E9%7D

http://pro.corbis.com/images/DZ003435.jpg?size=67&uid=%7BE0138871-776C-4E34-8B8E-C88C0E8AB740%7D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 12:07 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

http://pro.corbis.com/images/DZ003435.jpg?size=67&uid=%7BE0138871-776C-4E34-8B8E-C88C0E8AB740%7D

I want hippy bagpipes, how cool would In-a-Gadda-da-Vidda sound on those or a cover of The Nice's America bagpipe stylee ??

Dubz

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 12:12 AM Quote
dee wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Oh don't worry, there will be a video of Mrs. Turtle dancing very soon. It will be a global sensation I hear.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 1:17 AM Quote
Mmm... maybe this board is also going through a cycle just like any other fan forum. Right now it's a lull.

Then, there's also people like me who aren't on here as much due to obsession with other things (anime) or other bands (Fran says it's OK as long as it's not Coldplay). LOL! I do check once in while or get the low down through PM or e-mail with other boardies.

I must say though that it's comforting to come back here and see that the regular boardie mainstays are keeping things chugging along :-)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 1:27 AM Quote
I do miss the nightiming, but I don't think facebook has had much to do with my fewer posts lately. I've had facebook for longer than this account. I have personally just gotten much busier in the last 6 months or so and don't have much time to post-although I sometimes lurk :D

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 1:49 AM Quote
Fewer posts from me purely due to sad times.

I am actually seriously considering cancelling my facebook account. Can't be arsed with it anymore.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:09 PM