Travis

F*cking Roomates : Part 3, the KU Edition
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 12:23 AM Quote
Whoops this posted before I got done writing

EDIT: So you guys remember last year? I thought I was done with this college roommate bullshit? It's starting again. Last Saturday I was at a party with my roommates and one of them got mad when I said we needed to go. I wanted to pull her from party because she was being a drunkard and not safe, she proceeded to 1. Jump out of the car and run into the night (it was parked but still) 2. Call me an "asshole" the whole ride home here's the finale... 3. LOCK ME OUT OF THE FUCKING APARTMENT. I have a key and I had it on me, but she sprinted up ahead of me, closed the door, and chained it so I couldn't get in...

This girl's a psychopath.

Re: F*cking Roomates : Part 3, the KU Edition
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 1:43 AM Quote
That really sucks, Lauren! Sorry to hear you're having roomate troubles...again! Has said roomate since apologized after she sobered up, or is she still being a psychopath?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 1:52 AM Quote
No, here's the deal. Apparently whenever she drinks something crazy always happens, so my other roommate just went, "Yeah she gets crazy when she's drunk." C'mon! So she's going to conviently "forget" and then not apologize. Apparently that's what always happens, because everyone around her have enabled her enough, to the point where they just get over it. This was my first experience with her intoxicated, and that's just not acceptable. I don't think I'm overacting, she said some horrible things in the car. I mean everyone's just shrugging it off like it's no big deal.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 3:15 AM Quote
Lauren that is terrible. And shame on everyone for enabling her. If she is that out of control even if she honestly is forgetting she needs to be told what she did and she still should apologize!

And if that is just "what happens" when she drinks MAYBE SHE SHOULDN'T DRINK!!!!

Sounds like she could potentially ruin friendships, hurt herself, etc.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 3:48 AM Quote
Yeah, if she knew how horrible and pathetic everyone thought she was, then I doubt she'd act so entitled.

Seriously people let her slide because they feel sorry for her.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 4:05 AM Quote
... and f*ck her because I just realized I wasted my 4000th post ranting about her sorry ass. DAMMIT!

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 4:13 AM Quote
sounds like she needs a slap

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 8:17 AM Quote
I'd administer tough love. She may be your room mate, but if she's saying these things to you and making your life miserable then she can't be much of a friend? You dont owe her anything, So don't bother driving her places. Let her make her own mistakes and get herself out of trouble when she's drunk. You can maybe make an "oh but I was so drunk" excuse once a year and get away with it. But not as a constant justification for acting like a tool. After a while people are just going to think "hey, they're just actually a tool!".

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 11:02 AM Quote
Punch her in the back of the head. Hard.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 11:30 AM Quote
As Moray says you should only ever put up with the drunk excuse once.
These people need to be dropped and dropped hard.
If she gets drunk again, it aint your problem , just leave her to it.

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 11:45 AM Quote

Kick her out of the apartement or at least do the same to her....but don't get drunk - so u can enjoy her sleeping in front of the door...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 12:56 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Punch her in the back of the head. Hard.

LOL!

Or tell her to grow a pair, right?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 1:53 PM Quote
I agree with Moray's point that you don't have to hang out with her or do anything with her if she starts drinking.

But again I don't think anyone is being her friend by not telling her how appallingly bad her behavior is when she drinks. I'd be curious to know how she handles it if you call her out on it. Not remembering does not mean you don't have to apologize.

You might not get what you want out of her (an apology) but at least you'll have a better measure of her as a person and you can remember to steer clear of her in these situations.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 3:54 PM Quote
The kicker for me is, my other roommate didn't really care. She noticed that I wasn't in the apartment that night and she sent me a text the next morning that said "You alive?" Thanks a bunch!

COME ON! I had to call one of my friends so I could spend the night at his apartment. Now I feel like the dumbass because everyone seems to have moved on and shrugged it off. I've made the decision to not get mad, but get even.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 4:27 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
The kicker for me is, my other roommate didn't really care. She noticed that I wasn't in the apartment that night and she sent me a text the next morning that said "You alive?" Thanks a bunch!

COME ON! I had to call one of my friends so I could spend the night at his apartment. Now I feel like the dumbass because everyone seems to have moved on and shrugged it off. I've made the decision to not get mad, but get even.

Sweet. So you are going to punch her in the head then!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:35 AM