Travis

my dads take on American Pie...
Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 3:20 AM Quote
..so my father just called and said he decided to put up this website for some of his writing...and cause Im a bit of a daddys girl I thought Id share. Im always proud of his writing, anyways.. He put a short article up about what he thinks "American Pie" by Don McLean really means. Its one of those might-not-have-a-deeper-meaning-but-we-all-want-there-to-be-a-deeper-meaning song. So yeah,
http://www.patrickscott.ca/2009/03/eureka-moment-american-pie.html

Re: my dads take on American Pie...
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 7:26 PM Quote
Hmm, interesting. I like the way he writes. To be honest, I didn't know the lyrics were such a mystery to so many people, I'm just so used to not understanding songs anyway! I love Don McLean though, my mom's always playing him in the kitchen.

Re: my dads take on American Pie...
Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 10:27 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
Hmm, interesting. I like the way he writes. To be honest, I didn't know the lyrics were such a mystery to so many people, I'm just so used to not understanding songs anyway! I love Don McLean though, my mom's always playing him in the kitchen.

im pretty sure my whole life my father has been telling us his theories on songs. American Pie being one of the more mysterious ones.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:42 PM