Travis

Is anyone out there creating anything new..?
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 12:12 AM Quote

You guys all know how much I love things like Mogwai, 65 Days of Static and stuff but it's really just derivitive of Prog Rock, New Wave and Experimental..

Like the Ting Tings and stuff is pure 80's, that's not my name sounds like a mash up of Hey Mickey by Toni Basil & My Sharona by The Knack.

Or Cansie Ser Sexy it's pure 80's gay(not the derogatory term I usually use but actually gay) disco.

For the two above bands there are another thousand out there exactly the same but it's not even copied well, it's crap seriously I lived through the 80's they were sh!t !!! really see all you faggots (that is derogatory!!) that wear your "cool" little square dunlop bags and caramac cagoules, i used to cry when my mother tried to send me to school in that sh!t. it wasn't cool then and it certainly isn't now. you want a style then find something, anything, borrow from the years past but please stop blatantly copying it. YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT !!! Mods were cool 40 fucking years ago!!! Doherty is an arsehole and hats make you look like a wank !!!

Dubz

Re: Is anyone out there creating anything new..?
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 1:11 AM Quote
You're just jealous 'cos you're not as cool as the 'neo-80s' kids. ;P

I don't know a great deal about 80's fashion clothes-wise, probably because the ridiculous hair-do's are too distracting. But I quite like fashion at the moment, it beats the awful brand-swamped tracksuits of the 90's anyway.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 1:23 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
You're just jealous 'cos you're not as cool as the 'neo-80s' kids. ;P

I don't know a great deal about 80's fashion clothes-wise, probably because the ridiculous hair-do's are too distracting. But I quite like fashion at the moment, it beats the awful brand-swamped tracksuits of the 90's anyway.

I was never cool, that said it's never bothered me...

Maybe I'm just an ol' crabbit fart but I hate the fact that lads that would 5 years ago worn tshirt and jeans are now wearing fucking drainpipes, suit jackets, pencil ties and pork pie hats fuck off ye twats. Mods and Ska heads have been wearing that shit for years.

Dubz

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 1:39 AM Quote
I guess fashion of late has been a hybrid of a variety of different decades and influences rather than a direct copy, but I understand what you're saying regarding a lack of creativity.

If the fashion gurus insist on nicking ideas, maybe they should be a bit more adventurous. Medival/Victorian mix anyone? Or maybe we should merge the chav look with a bit of caveman style. Although I suppose the caveman influence already exists in their lacking intelligence and spontaneous aggression...

mili
mili Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 8:29 AM Quote
I saw a Doherty clone at the tram stop last week in his silly hat, Converse trainers and a skateboard under his arm, -5 °C and snow everywhere. It looked hilarious.

Had a chat this morning about the spring fashion with the hubby, who announced that there's NO WAY he's going to buy anything pastel coloured. The suggested outfits for this spring are so 80's, and I don't want to go there again.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 1:08 PM Quote
Elbow

Sure they've got "influences", but I think their sound is unique, and more than holds its own against comparisons. If anything, people are copying them.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 3:01 PM Quote
dubz look up this one man outfit called F/i

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/4250/cover_463132512009.jpg

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=21349

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Thu 12 Mar, 2009 10:04 PM Quote
Has anyone noticed how the new U2 song sounds quite a bit like Elvis Costello?

U2 - Get On Your Boots

Elvis Costello - Pump It Up

I used hate Bono, then i wouldn't have a bad word said against him (because i was stupidly influenced by someone else!) and now i can't stand him again, ha! I think the song really lacks something, with a decent rocky edge it should have a great gravelly voice and dark lyrics but this is just sh*te!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 12 Mar, 2009 10:10 PM Quote
I'm so tempted to lower the tone right down and say something about us all creating summat new... But I'll just keep schtum ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:03 PM