Travis

Paul vs Ringo!
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 9:52 PM Quote
Another über-silly thread from me :P Well recently I've discovered Ringo's music and I quite like it... I even put it above mr McCartney's music cause I find it more beatle-esque! What do you think? ;)

Ringo Starr - Liverpool 8

Ringo Starr - Never Without You

Re: Paul vs Ringo!
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 10:08 PM Quote
I heard Liverpool 8 when they had that whole Liverpool - City of Culture thing and thought it was laughable.

George was my favourite Beatle.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 10:14 PM Quote
Me too, I vote for George.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 10:23 PM Quote

I vote foe Volkswagen

talkin' o' which, Yo' Hells, How's de Mini runnin dese days ??

Dubz

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 10:46 PM Quote
Paul obviously

musician or no, its well documented (deffinately in recent years) that ringo is an appauling singer.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 11:25 PM Quote

Sometimes it's not just about the singer's ability,,, Shane McGowan for example (or if you really think about it John Lydon or Bob Dylan).

Bob, Johnny and Shane all use their voices more as an instrument than the traditional "nice" vocal lyricist, they use their unpleasant voices to get the message across. Ringo does neither unfortunately but at least he's giving it a go, I for one am quite happy he's got over his alcoholism and various other problems. I may be being cynical but I reckon he's been talked into this by various agents, record companies, advisors etc. but fair fucks to him. McCuntney has spent years bleeding everything he can from the Beatles fame it's about time Ringo got his slice.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 11:28 PM Quote
Well, apparently Ringo must be doing well since he gets so much fan mail that he has to warn us with peace and love not to send any more.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 12:16 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Well, apparently Ringo must be doing well since he gets so much fan mail that he has to warn us with peace and love not to send any more.

Hey he's 50% of the remainder, it's about time.

But seriously I forgot about that sh!t what is he all about??

Dubz

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 12:57 AM Quote

Gotta say Paul...

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 8:05 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Haha I think he apologised for that.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 1:17 PM Quote
I really like Ringo's voice! I associate it very much with the Beatles, Octopus's Garden and With A Little Help From My Friends are among my favourite Beatle tunes! He doesn't have a trained voice like Paul or the same range, but I've never heard him sing off key and he has his very own sound and style..

I don't want to drag Paul in the dirt cause he surely is a better musician an singer, but I get more heart, soul and creativity from Ringo's music. And he's definetely an above average singer AND drummer! I agree with Dubz(halelujah), he deserves his slice and I've had enough of the music Paul shits out of his arse(excuse my language, I guess Dubz have some influence on me after all, lol!)

The "Dooo lets jump around in my garden with my mandolin"-music is laughable to me :P

Paul McCartney - Dance Tonight

John Lennon's my favourite Beatle btw.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 1:34 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I really like Ringo's voice! I associate it very much with the Beatles, Octopus's Garden and With A Little Help From My Friends are among my favourite Beatle tunes! He doesn't have a trained voice like Paul or the same range, but I've never heard him sing off key and he has his very own sound and style..

I don't want to drag Paul in the dirt cause he surely is a better musician an singer, but I get more heart, soul and creativity from Ringo's music. And he's definetely an above average singer AND drummer! I agree with Dubz(halelujah), he deserves his slice and I've had enough of the music Paul shits out of his arse(excuse my language, I guess Dubz have some influence on me after all, lol!)

The "Dooo lets jump around in my garden with my mandolin"-music is laughable to me :P

Paul McCartney - Dance Tonight

John Lennon's my favourite Beatle btw.

Whatchya on about, Dance Tonight is awesome. :P

I like The Beatles as a band better than any individual Beatle's solo stuff. I like 'em all for different reasons and I think they complimented each other brilliantly.

But I do like Paul's solo stuff better than Ringo's. Pipes of Peace, Live and Let Die, Band on the Run... what's not to like?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 2:55 PM Quote
I just don't like Paul's solo stuff. There are some gems, but he's ruined his status completely by overdoing everything... He should have quit 20 yers ago cause he will never write another Hey Jude :P

John Lennon's solo stuff is awesome though, Beatles class!
But maybe if he didn't get murdered he would have ended up like Paul too...

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 2:58 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Me too, I vote for George.

same here.

Moray
Moray Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 4:37 PM Quote
Ringo - La de Da

This is my favourite Ringo solo number. Its so shit its brilliant!! If you look closely, I think thats Ric on guitar, wearing a beret.

For the record, George gets my vote. His album "All Things Must Pass" is, for me, the most accomlished album of all the solo Beatles stuff.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:34 AM