Travis

Travis on Life!
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:58 PM Quote
Well, I didn't see a topic on this and so I thought I'd start one. What the heck, right? And maybe I should have titled it "Travis: TV Spotter" but I'm not really sure. :D

Anyways, onto the point in my usual long-winded manner: I was watching Life on the TiVo the other night. (This is the Cop show with Damian Lewis as the lead by the way) and the latest episode was called "Hit me Baby" and I wondered if they were going to play that damn song, and they did...

But it wasn't the version I was expecting. It was Travis and I was all geeked out...so yes, and here's the video:

Clicky! You can fast forward to 1:20 if you want, that's when it starts. :)

I apologize if this has been posted already, but sometimes I think I'm the only person that watches this show! (It's goood, darnit!)

Re: Travis on Life!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 12:18 AM Quote
I saw that show once, it was good. Not posted before i don't think, thanks for pointing it out. :) Travis should be in every TV show at some point.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 12:50 AM Quote
yeah! It is good! I can't put my finger on why it seems more engaging to me than your average cop drama. Maybe it's the whole conspiracy behind Charlie going to jail...maybe it's the quirky personality of the character...maybe I just like Damien Lewis as an actor, I don't know~! I just like it.

Maybe I can entice more people to watch with this thread. Mwahahaha! :D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 12:58 AM Quote
I love my American drama shows: 24, House etc etc etc and so i'll probably catch this on DVD one day. It's how i get into most of them. We can't make good TV drama here so i watch American stuff. :) British drama is depressing most of the time, or just REALLY bad.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 2:37 AM Quote
That's cool. It might even be better on DVD, at least to grab hold of the underlying conspiracy plot that runs throughout all the episodes pretty much. I watch it every week and I have a hard time keeping track of who everybody is sometimes!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 9:53 AM Quote
See what happens when i don't watch a show for two weeks? I lose this things! XD
Damn! *runs away watching*

seasonticket
seasonticket Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 11:57 AM Quote
I have been quite heavily listening to Travis this week. I put on Life and when the guitars came in I thought
"Oh great, I have gone Travis mad"
and then it WAS Travis.

Oh and nice editing of the chorus so you didn't hear the "AND I!" giggling.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 1:11 PM Quote
I've never actually heard of this show, but I just noticed it's on tonight, I'll give it a go. Oh wait, it's on at half two in the morning. Although I think that's probably a good sign, all the good shows are on at an unreasonable hour in Ireland for some reason, I'll set up a tape.

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 4:44 PM Quote
Turn on Scrubs

at: 3:30

erm I guess it's Spanish? ...I don't understand a THING ;) hehe...and they say all this roman languages are similar...hehe..

at least I recognised the song :)

And: Imperial Family Theme - Fran
And: Love will come through - Grey's Anatomy

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 6:04 PM Quote
Yeah, that's Spanish lmao. Love Scrubs! One of my favourite shows ^^

Travis also appeared on One Tree Hill (1x08 and 4x21).

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 8:23 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Yeah, that's Spanish lmao. Love Scrubs! One of my favourite shows ^^

Travis also appeared on One Tree Hill (1x08 and 4x21).

Haha...."Hasta la vista - baby" :p

"Know nothing" appeared in "A lot like love" but can't find anything on youtube...

akanksha
akanksha Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 8:34 AM Quote
That's cool! That Imperial Family Theme is funny - when was it recorded?!

I so wish they'd play Travis on my local TV. :(

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 10:20 AM Quote
akanksha wrote:

I so wish they'd play Travis on my local TV. :(

Yeah!The T.V shows i watched on T.V never ever plays Travis tracks.Some day hopefully;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:33 AM