Travis

Re: An Apology
Nell
Nell Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:04 PM Quote
depends on - how long have you been away?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:15 PM Quote
Since Friday morning.

mili
mili Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:17 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

You really prefer those beers?

This sounds strange to me, since here (ok for us dumm people over here) The UK - is (except for Bavaria) the Kingdom of Heaven to all beer drinkers ;)
And you prefer a eurpean beer? (I think is a bohemian beer - aboriginal?)

I don't really like the real bitter beers - but those with a special taste in it (can't describe) like an unfiltered one - I like.

It seems the Bavarians don't like bitter beers either. A friend of mine once ordered a Pils (real bitter) in a restaurant in Munich - and was told by the service. "We don't drink that in Bavarian - you can have a Lager though"
:)

We don't even have these Pubs over here - just a few...but not like in the UK...Pubs are reserved for the Kindom of Beer :)

The FInnish beeer culture is pretty lager based, I rather have cider than that. But give a nice Hefe Weißbier any day (in a sunny Biergarten, please!), that's Bavarian cloudy wheat beer, yummy!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:21 PM Quote
Don't some German people mix WeiBbier with Coca Cola????!!!!!

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:27 PM Quote
Well...

since Friday morning...

Let's just say, it's all ok now. We all cooled - at least I hope and think so.

Short term (plz correct me guys if I'm wrong): Steve apologised - for he felt he was the reason all this had started from the beginning on...whether or not this is the case - (that he started the fire) has been doubted.
He persuited a purpose with this - which I can strangely even understand... but it just kinda backfired and led to this fight.

So - I think all or mostly all were grateful for his apology - although - not needed - and we moved on.

Normally I'm sorry for denaturalising a thread from it's true subject -but in this case - I think we should finally burry this whole thing!

So:

What kind of beer do you like?

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:29 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

Weissbier? and Coke? I never drank that before but I think they actually do....but they did it in England too, I think....

(can't imagine it tastes good)

mili
mili Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:39 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised. People mix the most amazing drinks with Coca Cola, good whiskeys, brandy, red wine… you name it!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:53 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

What kind of beer do you like?

Me? Well, I'm more of a cider drinker. I am a cheap bird n all so I just stick with Strongbow. It does the job :D

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:54 PM Quote
mili wrote:
deebee wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised. People mix the most amazing drinks with Coca Cola, good whiskeys, brandy, red wine… you name it!

I imagine Vodka-Cola would be nice...

I once was soooo drunk with Whisky (Jack Daniels) Cola that I now find Whisky soooo disgusting....I'll never drink Whisky again - ever!

mili
mili Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 6:03 PM Quote
You can mix vodka with anything, it doesn't have much taste. When I was younger I used to drink it with orange juice. Having said that the most horrific drink I've ever been served was Koskenkorva vodka and vichy water. The vodka tasted through quite badly and it wasn't nice.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 6:22 PM Quote
http://www.marions-kochbuch.de/index-bilder/passoa.jpg

Do you know that one? I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve this drink (ok, I'm a woman!)

And I don't know where to buy it - haven't found it yet :(

Well, I sometimes drink Vodka-Redbull as now everyone does - but it's more to chill out...

I've got a friend who's a genious when it comes to mixing drinks. He always makes a blowing "Limes"
http://www.x-tra-lime.de/img/inhalt/limes-frisch.jpg

You can smoke the bought one though... it contains: pureed fruits (most common strawberrys - but we sometimes mix other berries with it too), and sugar, and sirup (not too much) and then you fill it up with: Vodka, Whisky (ok here I drink it) and if it sometimes for the taste: some liquer.

The bought one only contains fruits, Vodka (I believe) and lot's of chemicals....

Re: *Renamed* The Beer Thread, for all your beer related que
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 6:01 AM Quote
hahahaha
the only true here is: apologize always conduce us to beers!

cheers for that! :D

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 10:39 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Well, I sometimes drink Vodka-Redbull as now everyone does - but it's more to chill out...

yes...i have those on occasion as well...and sometimes chivas and ginger ale. <<but to be honest it tasted better when my friend and i had it in Texas.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 11:26 PM Quote
I'm sorry. I really wanted to write something more... substantial, but then I read Nell's comment and I must say, I'm shocked. NORA! "The UK" and "beer heaven" and "kingdom of beer" all in one paragraph, and without any negation? ;P
...really...I don't know what to say...
so...
instead of some great and substantial lecture on beer culture (erm), I've decided to let some photos do the "talking" ;P
oh, and sorry, Mili, major Munich-tourism-incentive coming up.

http://www.muenchen-travel.de/img/fotoalbum/images/biergarten-im-englischen-garten.jpg

http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,912591,00.jpg

http://www.comenet.de/html/img/pool/brotzeit_DW_Bayern__524554g.jpg !

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 11:40 PM Quote
oh and yes, there's the mix of "Weißbier" and Cola. It's got a name, too, but it makes sensitive people uncomfortable, so I'm going to let you google it.

We also have Weißbier and lemonade, and call it a "Russian" (don't ask me why).

Any other beer mixed with lemon soda is a Radler (="cyclist"...)

Hm, I think those expressions wouldn't help you much in other parts of Germany... *sigh* I think beer-language is more complicated than literary theory sometimes.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:18 AM