Travis

*Renamed* Alcohol Thread, for all your Alcohol queries
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 12:33 PM Quote
Dear Boardies,

I feel I have to take some responsibility for advocating the behaviour and atmosphere on the board in recent times.

I speak my mind and while I am not the most tactful or diplomatic at times, I never intend to deliberately hurt or inflict malicious slurs on persons. I do attack opinions and I do question beliefs but this is in no way in any disrespect to that boardie as a person. While I may disagree with a lot of boardies at times (some might say ALL Boardies) I still respect you and your right to believe in what ever you want.

I freely admit that in recent times the board, to me at least, has become sterile, twee, bland and generally all to "huggy wuggy" (for want of a better phrase). It was my intention to "stir it up" and agitate the board into some serious discussion and debate (even arguement). Arguements can be good and healthy as long as they don't become personal.

This however has grossly backfired and descended into what can only be described as a mud slinging contest. this was far from my intention and for that I apologize.

I have deliberately not singled anyone out in this post as it is aimed at everyone and/or no one, please be aware I am blameing no one, take from it what you will, but I feel I had to say it.

I really do not want another "fight" to result from this post so please if you feel you have to reply please think carefully about what you want to say and your wording before replying.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I wish you all continued success for the future.

Steve
(Dubz)

Re: An Apology
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 12:56 PM Quote
Great post dude! :) Apology accepted, no hard feelings here! =)
I've never felt offended personally by something you've said Dubz, the only thing that's got on my nervs is the recent hostile atmosphere on the G-chat, of which we may all have contributed a bit to?

Lets all respect each other and share our thoughts in a decent way in the future! This subject is now history for me!

Take care!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 1:03 PM Quote
An unnecessary apology.
The mudslinging and personal stuff that went on in a certain post. Was between 3 individuals who clearly have some sort of problem with each other related to things outside of the board.
Which shouldn't have been dragged on to here.

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 1:09 PM Quote
Fucking slow board! Slow server!

now I deleted my own message -

bottom line:

Thx very much,

My apologies too, for offending anybody - which was never my intention.

And I agree on that argument - point - good way to refresh the whole situation - although this was probably not the best way to do so here :)

so thx & sorry
and have a nice weekend

Nora

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 1:14 PM Quote
fucking double post

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 1:17 PM Quote
another f. double-post

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 1:18 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
An unnecessary apology.
The mudslinging and personal stuff that went on in a certain post. Was between 3 individuals who clearly have some sort of problem with each other related to things outside of the board.
Which shouldn't have been dragged on to here.

I don't follow...there were like 5 or even more people involved here - this Genesis thread or Learning Dis. wasn't the start, as I understand, right?

Anyway maybe it was not necessary, but still very nice, I think.

;)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 2:26 PM Quote
Imho you don't really have as much to be sorry for as some, as you've generally acted true to how you've always been on the forum. And even if you were spoiling for some "heated debate", you weren't as personal as others have been. And you're right, the forum needed a kick up the arse.....

It's interesting that you've seen yourself as the agitator, when no doubt the personality differences that have recently emerged would have come out anyway.

Let's see if this thread has everyone kissing and making up. Good on you for trying!

Sorry if this sounds a bit sycophantic to Dubz, but I do agree with what's been said. I'll have plenty to say when I disagree with you :)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 2:44 PM Quote
http://www.lacrosse.com/Images/Catalog/ProductImages/300/7411.JPG

cheers Dubz! i'd have a pint with ya anyday. :)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 2:46 PM Quote
aye, any excuse for a drink ;)

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 2:58 PM Quote

:) just out of the blue - but I'm curious:

Is it possible to drink 2 pints Guinness in a row?
...well it's not a normal beer ...I once just drank one and that nearly blew me off :) haha :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 3:06 PM Quote
Dubz,
While I do not think you personally have much to do with occurrences on the board in the last week or so I really appreciate your sincere effort to make the board a more balanced place.

Anne

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 3:09 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

:) just out of the blue - but I'm curious:

Is it possible to drink 2 pints Guinness in a row?
...well it's not a normal beer ...I once just drank one and that nearly blew me off :) haha :)

The most I have ever drunk in a session was 16, but that was from 11:00am till 12:00pm. Also I'm seriously used to it. When I was drinking lager I could drink maybe 10-12 pints but When I started on Guinness I could only drink 4 or 5.

tis great stuff !!

Dubz

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 3:25 PM Quote

Haha

Great. I keep that in mind next time I'm in an Irish Pub :)
I can drink two Lagers but two Guinnes? ;)

Well must be in your blood then ;) ...16?!

Do you know "Black Velvet" - My pals say it's the Guinness for women :) so may it be then :)

cheers!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 3:32 PM Quote
Its not just in his blood. It is his blood.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:10 PM