Travis

Re: An Apology
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 3:37 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Its not just in his blood. It is his blood.

Ha! Good one. : )

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 3:48 PM Quote
You in particular do not have to apologize for anything. I personally have never had a problem with you or what you say on the board, and I also do not think you are responsible for whatever has gone down in the past three days. I appreciate the effort to make amends on the board.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 3:58 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
aye, any excuse for a drink ;)

;) well, yeah.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 3:59 PM Quote
I don't think you are responsible for the mayhem of the last few days either, but I appreciate you apologizing for any potential hurt feelings that may have been caused along the way.
But I must say, I truely felt a part of the Travis community when you called me a whiney fuck. You aren't a real boardie until Dubz has told you off :P

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 4:12 PM Quote
yeah btw i said cheers just because of my past encounters with ya on the board Dubz...not because i've taken offense of anything you've said of late and was acceptin' an apology...i don't even know what's been going on lately! the few threads i've read that have annoyed me haven't come from you at all.

free hug? huggy hug? haha ;)

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 4:25 PM Quote
Thank you for doing this. Although, I agree, that it shouldn't really have been necessary. Like you say, discussion (sometimes heated discussion) is what this place is all about. Let's hope the board stays that way :-D

PS I've got a question for you all whilst we're also on the topic of beer. Is it true that beer has fish in it??? I'm allergic to fish and seafood but don't seem to have a problem drinking beer :-P Someone recently told me that it's one of the ingredients!!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 4:38 PM Quote

I don't know what to say without repeating what Anne and Kristy have already said. I agree with them.

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 4:52 PM Quote

Haha to that comment way above mine: Does that mean I'm officially a boardie? He told me off...so ;) Get a free beer then?

and yeah back to the beer: Why on earth should ther be fish in it? Ugh!

At least not in "our" beer ;) Well....I don't know what you guys do with it... :p Maybe that's why the Guinness is so dark..

haha

NO FISH men :) and as you said...you'd be cracking if you ate fish - so just drink beer and you'll be fine...hehe -

don't fish & driv...erm don't drink and drive...

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 4:54 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I don't know what to say without repeating what Anne and Kristy have already said. I agree with them.

Ditto! And, I'll have a pint on that too!

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 5:31 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Haha to that comment way above mine: Does that mean I'm officially a boardie? He told me off...so ;) Get a free beer then?

and yeah back to the beer: Why on earth should ther be fish in it? Ugh!

At least not in "our" beer ;) Well....I don't know what you guys do with it... :p Maybe that's why the Guinness is so dark..

haha

NO FISH men :) and as you said...you'd be cracking if you ate fish - so just drink beer and you'll be fine...hehe -

don't fish & driv...erm don't drink and drive...

No problem! I've been "fishing" about and found this......

"Beer is an interesting drink for vegetarians in that most of the ingredients of course are vegetarian. Malt, hops, water, and yeast are all fine for vegetarians to consume. They add a substance in which is made from part of a fish, which actually attracts all the bits of the yeast, like a magnet, and draws it to the bottom of the cask. That makes the beer clear and all the residue sits at the bottom of the cask. But inevitably it is a concern for some vegetarians of having this fish substance, in their beer."

eek!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 5:43 PM Quote
Don't think you (or anyone else) has anything in the slightest to apologise for but the sentiment of a communal board is appreciated.
But I agree with the above as well /// this is just the internet, its about the only real place these days where you can express an opinion or an idea without getting tied up in p.c. gone mad. That said we can (and as far as I know all do) have respect for each other anyway.

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 5:48 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

No problem! I've been "fishing" about and found this......

"Beer is an interesting drink for vegetarians in that most of the ingredients of course are vegetarian. Malt, hops, water, and yeast are all fine for vegetarians to consume. They add a substance in which is made from part of a fish, which actually attracts all the bits of the yeast, like a magnet, and draws it to the bottom of the cask. That makes the beer clear and all the residue sits at the bottom of the cask. But inevitably it is a concern for some vegetarians of having this fish substance, in their beer."

eek!

Thanks girl....now you spoiled the taste of beer for me :) I gotta change to Vodka...no

ugh! FISH in BEER? Seriously? Can you post the link? I couldn't find anything on google - but then -maybe it's just humbug...
hehe
Found this though: How to brew beer

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 5:54 PM Quote
Put "are there really fish by products in beer?" into Google and you get a video by so called beer expert Jeff Evans. I'm a bit put off now :-(

Sorry Dubz for distracting from the main point of this thread.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 6:00 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Ditto! And, I'll have a pint on that too!

Another ditto here!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 7:10 PM Quote
Best thread I've seen in months=D

I don't think u were the cruder ones thou.U've just always been really opinionated and sometimes a little bit too pissed;)

That's just your style Dubz=D No animosity at all now!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:21 PM