Travis

Re: Comedians
frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 4:54 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Haha ok guys..

I'm only looking for stand up comedian..

But I think you already gave me enough to work with for a week or so -

so thx :)

You're welcome=) thou I wasn't of much help..But Robin Williams is a stand up ain't he and a very good one at that;)Anyways,Good Luck Nora!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
Okay, I may be too late on this (as per usual) but I just want throw Mitch Hedberg out there, because no matter how many times I hear his jokes, they always make me laugh. Sad that he's not around anymore. :(

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 8:39 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
Nell wrote:

Haha ok guys..

You're welcome=) thou I wasn't of much help..But Robin Williams is a stand up ain't he and a very good one at that;)Anyways,Good Luck Nora!

You mean that guy here?
http://www.vizyonmax.com/dosyalar/robin-williams.jpg

I've never seen him as a stand-up comedian. I only know him from movies like:

Good Will Hunting
Mrs. Doubtfire
What dreams may come
Dead Poets Society
or Peter Pan etc. etc

not reaaaaaally comedie films though....

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 7:02 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
Nell wrote:

Haha ok guys..

You mean that guy here?
http://www.vizyonmax.com/dosyalar/robin-williams.jpg

mhm hmm=) yes.i wiki-ed him and it seems he's done stand up in his early career years..the latest being in 2002.Yeah but he's def more famously known as a movie comedian;D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 8:35 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
Bill Bailey is my favourite comedian. I went to see 'Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra' in October and it was absolutely fantastic (one of the best parts was when the orchestra played a cockney versions of classical music- It was awesome!) Definitely one to look up on youtube lol

I'll Second Bill Bailey, I have a box set of his first 3 Tours, Part Troll, Bewildered & Cosmic Jam, very funny ad a very talented musician also.

Dubz

Totally, he really is an awesome musician!

My favourite Bill Bailey music one was his take off of U2, where he played with masses of delay, so much so it sounded like an awesome tune and just like the edge. And then when he took the effects pedal off it turned out he was playing "Pop goes the weasel"

The other one I remember was his explanation of how the Bill theme tune had moved from an awesome cool 5/4 syncopated rythmn to boring straight 4/4. Very obscure and random, but totally hilarious

Look em up on youtube!

Juust found This Hindi Indie

Dubz

that list...
lilly
lilly Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 9:26 AM Quote
oh my.
Nora, I want that "list of German comedians", please.

Being a German and all, I have to say: people calling themselves "COMEDIANS" here (they even use that word...) are usually... well, "pretty bad" doesn't even come close, it HURTS to watch them!!! (they're like... "I have a club and I beat you up with my stupid non-jokes until you laugh!")... their success in (some parts of) Germany makes me squirm with embarrassment... *shudders*

HOWEVER, there are about... five... exceptions at the moment. Though I don't think they call themselves "comedians" ... I think they use the German word... plus, we do have a bunch of more serious comics (how do you call them? the German word doesn't really work in English *methinks*, it would be "cabaret artist" but this must be something different, sounds like ...French... singers...)

this is Hape Kerkeling talking about Germans abroad and why they're not very popular there ;), and then about what you hear on "Piazza San Pedro" every evening - he's starting to talk English - and several other languages - after approx. 20seconds)...

Nell, hope you got him and (!) Eckart von Hirschhausen (political/intelligent comedy ;P... or more like therapy - it's all about the Germans' "apparent desire to be not-happy")...
and Mili should check out Gerhard Polt if she misses Bavarian German (swearing) ;) (this particular sketch exists in another version that I can't really post here, ahem...)

and Nora, please please cross out everyone remotely like Mario Barth, he's...
OMG I can't believe I even wrote his NAME down...

Now I have to go and put my head in the sand...

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 9:56 AM Quote
some others (Brits) for your list, Nora - though I hope you already got them ;) [err not sure if they were already mentioned]

one

two

three

Re: that list...
Nell
Nell Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 2:19 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
oh my.

Being a German and all, I have to say: people calling themselves "COMEDIANS" here (they even use that word...) are usually... well, "pretty bad" doesn't even come close, it HURTS to watch them!!! (they're like... "I have a club and I beat you up with my stupid non-jokes until you laugh!")... their success in (some parts of) Germany makes me squirm with embarrassment... *shudders*

HOWEVER, there are about... five... exceptions at the moment. Though I don't think they call themselves "comedians" ... I think they use the German word... plus, we do have a bunch of more serious comics (how do you call them? the German word doesn't really work in English *methinks*, it would be "cabaret artist" but this must be something different, sounds like ...French... singers...)

this is Hape Kerkeling talking about Germans abroad and why they're not very popular there ;), and then about what you hear on "Piazza San Pedro" every evening - he's starting to talk English - and several other languages - after approx. 20seconds)...

Nell, hope you got him and (!) Eckart von Hirschhausen (political/intelligent comedy ;P... or more like therapy - it's all about the Germans' "apparent desire to be not-happy")...
and Mili should check out Gerhard Polt if she misses Bavarian German (swearing) ;) (this particular sketch exists in another version that I can't really post here, ahem...)

I'm gonna write it down later..

just: Mario Barth? Naaah... We took some scetches from: Didi Hallerforden ( we had adapt scetches to the situations we have here...so...) then two from Michael Mittermeier & the "Was guggst Du?" - guy...can't remember his name...
then some songs from Otto - not really sketches...but the songs are kinda funny - well we kinda changed the to suit our case..Oli Pocher came up - but we already had enough for the Germans :)

then Marco Rima for the Swiss ones and for the English ones of our team: we used lots of the comedians mentioned in the first 2-3 pages of this thread.

So we used only stand-up sketches, songs/poems or short-jokes....it was hilariouse.

We've got 1 Italien, 1 Dutch, 3 English, 2 Americans, 2-3 Swiss, and the rest Germans ( 3 Bavarians) so we kinda had to take Mittermeier - which is fucking great ;) and for a guy called "smurf" we sung Ottos "smurf-song" etc..

Re: that list...
Nell
Nell Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 2:20 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
oh my.

I'm gonna write it down later..

just: Mario Barth? Naaah... We took some scetches from: Didi Hallerforden ( we had adapt scetches to the situations we have here...so...) then two from Michael Mittermeier & the "Was guggst Du?" - guy...can't remember his name...
then some songs from Otto - not really sketches...but the songs are kinda funny - well we kinda changed the to suit our case..Oli Pocher came up - but we already had enough for the Germans :)

then Marco Rima for the Swiss ones and for the English ones of our team: we used lots of the comedians mentioned in the first 2-3 pages of this thread.

So we used only stand-up sketches, songs/poems or short-jokes....it was hilariouse.

We've got 1 Italien, 1 Dutch, 3 English, 2 Americans, 2-3 Swiss, and the rest Germans ( 3 Bavarians) so we kinda had to take Mittermeier - which is fucking great ;) and for a guy called "smurf" we sang Ottos "smurf-song" etc..

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 5:18 PM