Travis

Re: Stop being offensive
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 3:41 PM Quote
Aída wrote:

If I am a trouble maker for I thinking this silly opinions and famous hotties from hollywood being posted is nonsense and consider it absurd, ok, then I am. And the difference between you Dave and us Steve, Gladly and myself (I think) is that we don't just shut up and that's it! This is the impression I am getting from all this...that's it

I didn't understand that last bit - you think I just take whats being said to me? I argue with people for thread after thread until they come out with sense lol :P

Aída
Aída Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 3:42 PM Quote

Aída
Aída Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 3:44 PM Quote

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 4:09 PM Quote
I think you're missing the point a bit.

General Chat = Talk about ANYTHING non Travis related.

There should be room for all types of subjects, except stuff that may be considered as offending in any way.
Both serious and "silly" threads should be respected, even if you don't welcome every single one of them with open arms.
If you don't like a thread, just move on to another one that you find more interesting or funny. What I find disrespectful is when some guys at this board takes the right to decide what's okay to post and what's not and they don't even have the decency to say it face to face in a nice way. People attacking others threads with assaults just because the subject doesn't suits them and starting threads just to make some fuzz at someone else's expense is what drives people away from this board.
With that said I really hope that this discussion continues, cause this is something worth talking about.
Try to respect and understand eachother without making comments that are just under the belt.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 4:28 PM Quote
thats a bit of a circular argument really.

You're saying to respect everyone's posts (which I personally do) and we all have the right to post what we like. But conversely in what you're saying your also allowing for the fact the we all have and should be able to express our opinions on what we think of the post itself. Most of us do just saunter on without saying anything. But a direct post in a thread that someone finds irritating, saying so, is quite respectful. When did we become a world of tippy-toeing around everyone? No wonder the kids these days have no discipline and go nuts when something doesn't go their way.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 4:43 PM Quote
No that's not what I'm saying ;) Of course everyone have the right to express themselves, but I also believe that it's totally unnecessary to do it sometimes. And if you have something to say, why not go for doing it in a decent way? Everyone can't agree and enjoy the same stuff, that would be boring, but everyone can try to respect and treating people nice for starters. And this about us being babies and freakin' out if we don't get what we want? Same things could be said about those who tells us to f#ck off, couldn't it?
Maybe we should grow/man up and maybe those narrow-minded guys need to re-learn how to behave, which they seem to have forgotten over the years ;)

Aída
Aída Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 4:58 PM Quote

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
Thanks for reminding me of what I'm like =)

Cause people seldom change, they all just stay the same..

Well if this is gonna be the level of this debate, then I guess it's better if you take over from here :)

Aída
Aída Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 5:30 PM Quote

mili
mili Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 5:35 PM Quote
Aída wrote:

phahhahhhahhhhahhhahhhahhhahhhha
phhhhhhhahahhhhahhhhahhhahh

Ohyeah? a weirdo and 'special' aborrescent like you is going to teach manners to Steve and Dave? pphahhahhhahhhahhhaphahhahhhhahhhhhahhhhaaaaaaaa

Please, go on with your arguments, I'm doubling up with laughter with your stupid nonsense arguments, Alex.

He didn't mention you as the impolite kids of nowdays, dude!!!! which I think, for the months I have gotten to know you on the phorum you really are not. You simply a weirdo with a stupid/silly/funny vision of life that doesn't fit in any serious/intelligent debate two normal people could possibly held up sober

It's really not my business, but calling people weirdos doesn't strike me as particularily intelligent debate, and I'm sure it would be better not to call people names. It's perfectly possible to disagree with others without using language that could be taken as personal insults. Debating on subjects, not on people's assumed personal defects should be the way to go in a public forum.

Personally, I try not to write things on the internet I wouldn't say to people in real life, face to face.
Just my two cents, I'm not likely to add anything more to this thread.

Aída
Aída Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 6:19 PM Quote

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 7:42 PM Quote
Some people are pussies. Get over it. It's just the bloody internet, who gives a shit?

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 8:57 PM Quote

Dubz point's always been the wonderful logic of a "good" of a meaningful post - right?

So where's the sense in reading through all these posts - he dislikes - realising other people quite enjoy themself in it - and then post something like: This is shite - stupid or anything else -

there's no sense in that. Why just not leave it alone - and for Christ's sake - let them have their fun!

Of course - not every thread fits everyone - but that's not the intention of it, is it?

But instead they, not jus him, get sarcastic - which actually is not just telling one's opinion - but is known as an offence.

I do have something against that.

I don't care if they don't like the threads - but they never tell in a respectful way!

The message they're sending is just: "Hey guys, I don't like this thread" But they are just not able to write it that way - although the message stays the same -

but they have mock, being sarcastic and fuck around with us

and that is just disrespectful.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 9:11 PM Quote

F.e.:

Gladly:
Have you any idea how utter shite this thread is?

I truly despair.

I am sick and tired of garbage like this being posted *shrugs*
I mean seriously , typing out lyrics is a good post now ?
Not very inventive folks.

Dubz:
I firmly agree with my learned colleague Mr.Gladly, This thread is utter pish.

Firstly all you are doing is typing out lyrics
Secondly they are not even good lyrics

And while I'm on the subject since this is totally Travis related perhaps you wouldn't mind fucking off to the other side of the board and cluttering up over there, go on they won't mind it's already full of shite.

Then there is the whole interternet-blackout -thread as there is the Alex-GF-thread.

and moooooreeee

It's not what you're saying - although it makes no sense to us - why you even bother reading all this "shite" - if you so truely despair this...

It's more how you guys are doing this.

Even if it's bullshit! Ok?`Senseless Bullshit - who are you to judge - and if so - do it nicely!

You really thinks these other threads are better? Songs with the word "jeans"? or the top 3 females/males?

It's shit! But this is leasure time we spend here...it's supposed to be silly..

No one of you ever responded to a seriouse thread I opened - so - I guess I want the silly ones.

So just -whatever it is you write - do it in a respectful way.

Yeah, and judging that this post it "utter shi" "garbage" or else - is by definition an affront....

dee
dee Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 9:59 PM Quote
seriously get over it.
dubz can be an absolute shithead, just be glad you don't have to deal with the big nasty man who swears in real life like i do.
its only the intehrnetz people, get the fuck over it.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:57 AM