Travis

No more singles
closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 11:40 PM Quote
I dont think Travis should release anymore singles from Ode to J smith.
What says you?

Re: No more singles
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 11:47 PM Quote
Agree. I think they should do the rest of their dates around writing new songs, and in the summer hopefully do some festivals around more writing, and then in the Autumn they can record a new album. Maybe. Just an idea. lol But i agree, they shouldn't bother with another. It'll reach #141 and annoy us all.

jambut
jambut Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 1:39 AM Quote
thinking this is maybe end of travis except sporadic EPs for a while. Makes sense really all the guys settle down enjoy their "wealth" till they get bored and then sign back up to a label. Cant stick to a grueling labels schedule when you've got kids.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 1:53 AM Quote
No way. It was their decision to go at it themselves and they must have known they wouldn't sell a huge amount that way. It would be a complete 180 degree re-think on their part. 12 months from now we'll either be wondering where we'd put album 7 on our 'Best Travis Album' lists or we'll all be getting excited about it's release just arond the corner. :)

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 10:32 AM Quote
In Paris, I managed to ask Fran if they still planned to go ahead with the idea of making 12 albums. His answer was basically a big YES if they're able to!! So hopefully we'll see another album within a year or so. I think that's our lot in terms of singles from this album though.

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 11:12 AM Quote

Well, Fran said once as long as he has hair, he's gonna keep on making music ;)

No but seriously, I think they do actually live for music - and their families. I don't they'll be forced to choose between ..so I'm pretty sure and hopeful that they're not done - yet! Gee Couldn't do without their music :)

I'd love to hear new songs, but I was kinda hoping for another single. Maybe "long way down" or "chinese blues" - Especially chinese blues - maybe another version of it?

And they probably still got some B-Sides ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 3:52 PM Quote
Of course they're not done with music, look at their energy in recent gigs :)

What about Chinese Blues as the next single with a new recording of the rockier Side as b-side? :)

silvella
silvella Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 4:20 PM Quote
I'm not sure. It always frustrates me that the only singles I hear on the radio are "Sing" and WDIAROM (the day after the Frankfurt gig I saw on the radio playlist that they had played "Driftwood" - hahaha, at a time when the fans have been at the venue yet!), so I think it depends on the countries new singles get released. But the guys have so much fun in making their great music, and Frans brain is surely full of ideas. I believe in a big single hit someday!!! And from OTJS, for me it could be BYWY. It was the best live song on the gig!! Love it!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 6:30 PM Quote
l think one more single would be awesome...
Maybe Chinese Blues, or Long Way Down!
l don't know, but l'd like another single.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:27 AM