Travis

The Epic Quest to obtain The Balld of J. Smith...
joemono
joemono Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 6:54 PM Quote
... has temporarily come to an end. Here's the story.

Jan 7 - I purchase (or so I think) the Ballad of J. Smith from the Travis Online Store. This purchase is officially handled by Trinity Street Direct.

The download link I receive is for "Song to Self." Frustrated, I log on and post to the Travisonline message board and find out that many others have received the wrong link.

I immediately send an email to "travis@tsdshop.com" about the problems with my purchase. I receive no response.

Jan 8 - I send another email. I receive no response. I notice on the message board that "jesusaremus" has received a response from Trinity. It contains a link (http://dl.tsdshop.com/login.asp) that will supposedly allow the user to download the proper track. I try this link and get a link to download "Song to Self." This is not the song I purchased.

Jan 9 - I send another email. I receive no response. The Travis Web Team writes on the message board: Trinity Street (who operate the store) have informed us that they have contacted those affected by this issue and will re-send a link to download the track. I receive no email from them.

Jan 12 - I send another email. I receive no response. No one on the Travisonline message board seems to have gotten a resolution yet either.

Jan 13 - I visit the Trinity Street website (http://trinityst.com) and find an email address "info@trinityst.com" on their contact page. I email them at this address. I receive no response.

I also notice the "Key Personnel" section and start looking online for info about these people. The last name - "Seánna Hardaker-Jones - Operations General Manager" returns a hit at facebook. So I send her a message through facebook.

Jan 15 - A RESPONSE! Seánna has written me back on Facebook explaining that she is in touch with the Customer Care and they will be contacting me shortly. To be clear - the only response I have from the company I bought the song through has been through a completely separate web service.

As Seánna promised, I receive an email from "Mathew" about my issues. He informs me he will contact the IT department about getting me a proper download link. He says I will receive it that day. I do not.

Jan 16 - I write back to Mathew asking where my download link is.

Jan 19 - Three days later I receive an email from Mathew once again explaining that I will get a link from the IT department to download the proper track.

Jan 20 (today) - I receive an email from Mathew with a link to download my song. I am very happy until I visit the link and find that it is simply a link to download "Song to Self" once again. This is not the song I purchased.

I write to Mathew once more explaining that the link is not correct. About 15 minutes later I receive an email from WorldPay saying that my money has been refunded. The end.

--

So there you have it. I have used their store four or five times in the past without any issues. However the one time something goes wrong they turn out to have some of the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. And it appears their IT department doesn't really know what's going on either as they were unable to send me a link to download a single track - that I paid for nearly two weeks ago.

Thankfully in the interim I received The Ballad of J. Smith from a kind individual on the message board.

I feel sort of bad complaining about a song that cost GBP 0.79 to begin with but for me it wasn't even about the money. First and foremost it was about my eagerness to hear a new Travis song! But then it was about the fact that their Customer "Care" Team was simply ignoring the emails that I sent. I know they were receiving them and they didn't bother to respond. Needless to say I will not be supporting this company in the future.

joemono

Re: The Epic Quest to obtain The Balld of J. Smith...
joemono
joemono Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
A happy ending.

Tim Wilkin from Trinity St wrote me today. He apologized for the lack of communication and said he would be investigating fully. He also sent me a correct link to download The Ballad of J. Smith.

So that's that. Hopefully they'll use this as a learning experience.

Oh, and The Ballad is pretty good. ;)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 5:15 PM Quote
joemono wrote:
He also sent me a correct link to download The Ballad of J. Smith.

Whoa! Glad to hear you finally got through the impenetrable customer annoyance, sorry, service.

yonan
yonan Posted Thu 22 Jan, 2009 2:41 AM Quote
glad to hear your happy ending. sadly mine is still not resolved :(

Trinity team, if you hear me, please help.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:25 AM Quote
good stuff ! Glad you finally got a satisfactory answer from them.

I never had the problem, it worked fine with me. Seems I must have been really lucky. :)

joemono
joemono Posted Thu 22 Jan, 2009 4:31 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

I never had the problem, it worked fine with me. Seems I must have been really lucky. :)

Did you order both Song to Self and The Ballad of J. Smith?

TooDrunkToDream
TooDrunkToDream Posted Thu 22 Jan, 2009 5:08 PM Quote
I have had a similar quest in trying to obtain the song. although, i have not had a happy ending. I've sent probably 6 or 7 emails to customer care, and yesterday (16 days after my first email), i got a response with an email apologizing. however that email also contained the incorrect link. so, i sent another email yesterday explaining that i was again given the wrong link. today i received another email. again they apologized, and again the email contained the wrong link. so, i'm wondering if there is a good samaritan out there who might e-mail me the song which i have already paid for. i would be extremely grateful. my email adress is:

brentonstanley@gmail.com

ps this was not my first run in with customer care. i also ordered the something anything 7" when that single came out, but instead i received the cd single. a number of emails and 6 weeks later, i finally received my vinyl single. fortunately, they let me keep the cd single.

yonan
yonan Posted Fri 23 Jan, 2009 3:56 AM Quote
just got this email yesterday

Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks for your recent email and apologies about the error with the download.

Please use the link below to download your music.
http://dl.tsdshop.com/login.asp

Kind Regards

Tim

Travis
Customer Services

I opened the link, enter my credentials.. and got the link to ....... Song to Self. DAMMIT!!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:07 AM Quote
yonan wrote:
just got this email yesterday

Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks for your recent email and apologies about the error with the download.

Please use the link below to download your music.
http://dl.tsdshop.com/login.asp

Kind Regards

Tim

Travis
Customer Services

I opened the link, enter my credentials.. and got the link to ....... Song to Self. DAMMIT!!

PM me your e-mail adress and I'll send you the song =)
I guess Travis wont mind!

yonan
yonan Posted Mon 26 Jan, 2009 4:23 AM Quote
aaand finally!

Quote:

Hi

I’m really sorry about this I was assured that this error had been resolved.

I would ask you to try again now please and ‘fingers crossed’ we should be there now.

I realise how frustrating this must be, sorry again!

Kind Regards
Tim Wilkin
Travis
Customer Services

phew!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:22 PM Quote
joemono wrote:
Ursina wrote:

Did you order both Song to Self and The Ballad of J. Smith?

no I just ordered the Ballad and it IS the Ballad. Although after I got it downloaded, it came up as 'Ballad of J. Smith Song to Self' so I panicked for a second but it is definitely the Ballad. Even with the right song, this 'Song to Self' seems to sneak in everywhere :-D

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:31 PM