Travis

My Eyes
missk679
missk679 Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 7:30 PM Quote
Hey anyone else out there know if My Eyes is written about his baby, the words seem so fitting. Maybe i am a sado and think this cause i am pregnant! lol cheers

Re: My Eyes
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 7:39 PM Quote
It is about Clay and about becoming a papa =)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 7:40 PM Quote
Yes Fran wrote it after finding out his wife was pregnant.

Congrats on your baby!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 7:40 PM Quote
Hi Missk69, welcome to the forum!

You're absolutely right about it being written about Fran's son. Fran wrote it when he first found out that Nora was pregnant, it's about the pride of being a parent but also the responsability of protecting and shaping them as a child. The Boy With No Name refers to their long search for the right name :)

Best wishes for the future with the little'un.

EDIT: Whoa, everyone's on the ball tonight!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 7:41 PM Quote
Yeah congratulations! =)

neo1011
neo1011 Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 8:05 PM Quote
Even though Fran wrote it about his child, I can still relate to this song. I don't know though, if listeners these days still take notice of the lyrics, some may think Travis are a Evangelist band! But life is about opposing dichotomies: I love how Travis released Selfish Jean as a single too! Anyone care to direct me to any SJ threads? I have a pet theory the single is partially based on Richard Dawkin's epoch changing book The Selfish Gene.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 8:13 PM Quote
neo1011 wrote:
I love how Travis released Selfish Jean as a single too! Anyone care to direct me to any SJ threads? I have a pet theory the single is partially based on Richard Dawkin's epoch changing book The Selfish Gene.

Fran was inspired by this book during the writing for TBWNN. There's also a reference in the song Say Hello:

Say Hello

This selfish gene
Has taken hold
It's locked within
But you'll never know

I can relate a lot to the lyrics of this album, I think they're absolutely GREAT, Fran on top ;) 3 Times And You Lose is ace lyrically as well, for an example!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:51 AM