Travis

Re: What will be the next single?
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:08 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I get what you guys are saying about it not mattering because if there is no promotion, the songs won't chart and no one who isn't a massive Travis fan like we are will hear it anyway, BUT that's not really a great attitude to have. It's sort of like giving up. And why give up if you are Travis? One of the most amazing sounding bands ever. I think it's important to try! You never know what could take off and become a big hit. And most importantly, to me at least, is Travis' videos. Their videos are amazing and I want more of them! I want a really GREAT Travis video.

I concur!! Well said, Nikki :o)
I'd vote for Quite Free, Chinese Blues or Last Words. I think those are the most radio friendly songs on Ode, besides Song To Self and Something Anything (I believe both of them were great single material, even if they didn't do so well chart-wise).
A new song would be cool too :o)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:20 AM Quote
I understand what you mean Nikki and i would be sad if Travis stopped releasing singles but there really isn't much point if they don't promote them. I think that's what people mean. No matter how good the song is, nobody knows it exists. It isn't even on release lists here. I looked at some at the start of the week and 'Travis - Song To Self' was not mentioned. Though, you wouldn't believe that the one that did was NME. lol Like this, there will not be a good charting Travis song. Song To Self is brilliant. Even if i take my unbiased head off for a second, it really is a good song. Oh and they wouldn't need to release a song to make a video. 3 Times and You Lose probably the best example.

I love Quite Free too. It's magical. I wouldn't want it to chart at number 119 so i think i'd like that to stay on the album. :)

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:33 AM Quote

Quite Free , plz! :(

but perhaps Chinese Blues!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:39 AM Quote
drift-nina wrote:

Quite Free , plz! :(

but perhaps Chinese Blues!
I agree

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:46 AM Quote
I'm not all that convinced there'll be another single until the next album to be honest. Has it been confirmed that there definitely will be or is it just speculation?

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 1:25 AM Quote
It has to be Chinese Blues. The song is just mega, I'd never thought it were possible, but this is an elite Travis track that is in the same league as Writing To Reach You, Rain and Sing, timeless, universally memorable, and a song non-Travis fans need to hear and it NEEDS airplay for Travis to become big again. It's their only remaining hope from Ode.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 2:55 AM Quote
Chinese Blues or Quite Free :o)

But The Ballad Of J Smith would be awesome xD

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 6:22 AM Quote
leticia wrote:
rebekah wrote:
Oooo hope it's last words.

Me too! Or Long Way Down :)

Me three!First vote would be for Last Words=))
If its neither of them it has got to be Before You Were Young
or magically Ballad of J.Smith somehow=)
Would be great!The words and the song is simply gorgeous!

mili
mili Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 9:39 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I'm not all that convinced there'll be another single until the next album to be honest. Has it been confirmed that there definitely will be or is it just speculation?

I though that it was stated somewhere that it's only two singles, unless that was the case with TBWNN and I'm getting confused (what else is new?).

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:45 AM Quote

Oooh that's freaky - I was just thinking the same thing. Personally, I don't think we'll see another single from ODE but something new after spring.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 1:17 PM Quote
mili wrote:

I though that it was stated somewhere that it's only two singles, unless that was the case with TBWNN and I'm getting confused (what else is new?).

There were three singles from The Boy: Closer, Selfish Jean and My Eyes, right?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 1:36 PM Quote
Well it's not our fault that Travis isn't as good promoted as they used to be, right? ;) We are still buying their records, singles and tell people about this amazing band, but still they aren't climbing the charts :(

I think what we are saying is that as long as Travis don't get some kind of advertising, get new fans and the music industry remains the way it is, it doesn't really matter what songs become singles or not... Song To Self could be one of Travis major hits for example, well it still could be, but many people don't even know that they still exist. They are like: "Oh Travis, they did Why Does It Always Rain On Me, right?". Believe me I want the good old days, when singles mattered back, but maybe we need to follow the ship where it's going. We still have the music, even if things are changing! Don't get me wrong, I don't like it, but I don't know how we could possibly change the whole music industry. Maybe Travis need to get back to a major record company, but would that help? Maybe they would get back in top 50, I don't know.
Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to ask you all, in a humble way, what to do!

mili
mili Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 1:58 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
mili wrote:

There were three singles from The Boy: Closer, Selfish Jean and My Eyes, right?

Of course! I did say that I'm easily confused. :^P

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 2:17 PM Quote
What about a concert with free entrance to everyone that is named J.Smith???
This will probably get some attention from the medias...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 2:32 PM Quote
Alex, Selfish Jean reached 30 with very little promotion and a poor video. Not 'top 50', more like 'top 20'. And it wouldn't take much either. I know it isn't the main thing because that's the music of course which is wonderful but can Travis continue when they sell the amount of albums that they do? I can't imagine they've made any more from Ode. They paid to make it themselves. They must have lost money. Maybe the tour brought more in though they weren't the biggest gigs I've ever been to... People are asking them to tour these far away places, but can the band afford it?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:21 PM