Re: If anyone wants Ballad Of J.Smith I'll send it too you
Kaizer
Kaizer Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 2:53 PM Quote
I'd love you! Please =)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 3:28 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
I'm shocked at the amount of you peeps so eagerly requested the free download. You are all cheating your fave band !... and all the excuses for doing it ! shocking!

Hey what free download?

I really don't understand how sharing this amazing tune means you're cheating on Travis? Especially when there's been a lot of technical errors, preventing people from getting the song and Travis are bad promoted. The single isn't avaible in all countries yet either, but if it was I think most fans would buy it!
Well as said before theres an error with the digital download link for Ballad Of J. Smith making people download Song To Self instead and there's many fans who don't have Itunes.
Well you could always pre-order the single from Travisonline, but then there's always the problem with paying from your bank account if you don't own a mastercard or something like that...
I could go on all day and I guess it just sounds like bad excuses in your ears anyway so.... My point is that MOST fans would buy it if they know how to do it, at least I would....

I bought my 2nd ex of Travis Live At The Palace yesterday, so I guess Travis gets my share anyway =)
Hope I didn't sound too harsh!

/Alex

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 3:34 PM Quote
You don't have to explain yourself Alex. They're all good reasons plus it's only one song. And a b-side too. The band say 'don't care how you get music, just get it.' :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 3:35 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
I'm shocked at the amount of you peeps so eagerly requested the free download. You are all cheating your fave band !... and all the excuses for doing it ! shocking!

I bought everything Travis I could get in my country and more. I don't feel like I'm cheating at all. Like Alex said, most (if not all) of us wouldn't hesitate and buy it if it was available for us... That's why I'm longing for a b-sides album!
I think you should consider that not everyone is in the same situation (geographically, economically and even culturally), before judging like that.

I too hope I didn't sound to harsh, it's not my intention.

Kaizer
Kaizer Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 3:36 PM Quote
haha, forgot the mail, dusermengir@hotmail.com

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 5:09 PM Quote
Hey, thank you so much for sending this to me, you made me very happy!!! *hug*

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 8:12 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

Sorry, but what would you do if you're 14 years old and your parents have a Internet-buying-phobia?

varz
varz Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 8:38 PM Quote
me please... vaseflowerpot@hotmail.com

thank you!

joemono
joemono Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 9:26 PM Quote
Intergalactic91 wrote:
If anyone wants Ballad Of J.Smith just give me your E-mail
I'll send it to you as an attachment : )
Thanks

If it's the digital download version, and not a vinyl rip, I'd like a copy too. joe - at - monterosso - dot - net.

Not only did I purchase the vinyl, but I also bought it digitally though received a link to download STS. So I've paid for it twice yet have not heard it yet!

drumsmcgee
drumsmcgee Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 1:09 AM Quote
Sorry I did my email wrong. it's:

lacy.jono@gmail.com

Thanks.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 4:53 AM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
Ursina wrote:

Sorry, but what would you do if you're 14 years old and your parents have a Internet-buying-phobia?

I wouldn't have said what she said? That's the correct anwser? xD.
Ro, you have your reasons as everyone else in here, and they're all well grounded, we don't even have to apologise for them. I think that no one has to explain themselves, it's not like we're doing something really bad to the world, are we?

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 7:24 AM Quote
thanks man!! you're awesome!! and the song is really good!!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 11:28 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
You don't have to explain yourself Alex. They're all good reasons plus it's only one song. And a b-side too. The band say 'don't care how you get music, just get it.' :)

hmmmm so if they say that, why don't they put the songs in the net for free download anyway ??? :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 12:57 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

hmmmm so if they say that, why don't they put the songs in the net for free download anyway ??? :)

Ask them. But they do say that because I've seen them say it plenty of times. Especially Andy who seemed very passionate about not caring how people get music, just get music. He also made a point about how they've been getting away with charging for music for so long. :) I disagreed with him but in this case, it's just one song that the fans can't find. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 1:01 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Ursina wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Ask them. But they do say that because I've seen them say it plenty of times. Especially Andy who seemed very passionate about not caring how people get music, just get music. He also made a point about how they've been getting away with charging for music for so long. :) I disagreed with him but in this case, it's just one song that the fans can't find. :)

Yeah, normally I would disagree with him too :)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:03 AM