Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (18TH AND 19TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 04 Mar, 2009 6:04 PM Quote
Awww, that's nice Juli! :) lol We agree again then Juli but Used To Belong is just getting in the way! lol Broken Mirror is great. :)

Alex, no not really. Haha. But Quite Free is definitely my favourite on Ode and i have a clear favourite 8 on TBWNN (the first 8) and One Night is my least favourite of my favourites. lol

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 12:27 AM Quote
hahahahaha
I love when everybody confess their favourite songs (with so much guilt and afraid!) hahaha ...isn't funny when everybody are agree about Travis music (and everything else) :D

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
alanistradi wrote:
I love when Alex has to redeem himself and give us this kind of 2x1 gifts... hahaha XD

I almost couldn't find 19th round link but finally I did my vote (definitely "Flowers" will get 3 precious points more!) ...the campaign for 'Quite free' is having the desired effect :D lol

Haha! The Travis League always gives me a guilty conscience. It feels like I'm always behind my schedule and I have to make it up to you somehow, lol!

don't be hard with yourself Alex, nobody can complains about Travis league and your work... nobody! (even when rounds are delayed :D) hahaha

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (19TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 10:56 AM Quote
I decided to close the 18th round, but the 19th round will be open until tonight! You can find it in the navigation bar if you click on Vote2!

Cheers!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 5:17 PM Quote
The 19th round of voting has been closed as well! Results and tables will be up on Friday or Saturday :)

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 7:11 PM Quote
Come on Quite Free! :) Come on Definition Of Wrong! :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 9:19 PM Quote
Results from previous rounds will be up tomorrow and a new round kicks off on Sunday :) After that round it's time for the mid-season specials! I'm looking forward to that myself, so it's something definetely worth looking forward to!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 11:55 PM Quote
Looking forward to the results and seeing what surprises you have in store for us mate. :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 2:39 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
Ah Alma everyone's entitled to a different opinion (that's what's so good about the league)! Just for info, I LOVE Quite Free and voted for One Night against Broken Mirror because I simply don't like that song. OK, now go ahead and shoot me!!!! ;-D

Phew, what a relief! For a second I actually thought you were going to hate me since Quite Free is very much loved in here xD. And yeah, Deb, you're right that's the point of the league, to vote for the songs you like the most and discuss a bit ;o).

What happened with Broken Mirror? Did it lose again?? :o( Does anyone know? Or will I have to wait until Alex puts up the results and tables?? xD If so, do it ASAP, Alex!!! ;oP

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 12:49 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
deebee wrote:
Ah Alma everyone's entitled to a different opinion (that's what's so good about the league)! Just for info, I LOVE Quite Free and voted for One Night against Broken Mirror because I simply don't like that song. OK, now go ahead and shoot me!!!! ;-D

Phew, what a relief! For a second I actually thought you were going to hate me since Quite Free is very much loved in here xD. And yeah, Deb, you're right that's the point of the league, to vote for the songs you like the most and discuss a bit ;o).

What happened with Broken Mirror? Did it lose again?? :o( Does anyone know? Or will I have to wait until Alex puts up the results and tables?? xD If so, do it ASAP, Alex!!! ;oP

Haha I will, I WILL! Cool down, will ya ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 07 Mar, 2009 8:38 PM Quote
Results and tables have arrived for you to ENJOY!

Don't forget the next round that starts tomorrow ;)

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (RESULTS AND TABLES UP)
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 12:02 AM Quote
It's true that people didn't vote in the other vote... but that's ok, because Definition Of Wrong won! Woo! *celebrates* :) Geez, it's so much better than Get Up! I think so anyway. :)

Alex, maybe a goal difference column could be quite cool? The difference in votes. For example, Get Up is currently -82 and Definition Of Wrong is - 41. That's half!!! And yet it's lower in the table! :( But Leicester are currently +40, just thought i'd slip that one in there! Hehe! :)

Good Day To Die a lot better than Long Way Down. Really pleased for Quite Free but Some Sad Song and Broken Mirror deserve to be a lot higher in the table. :) Totally disagree with Division 1. It's ridiculous. The Cage, Walking In The Sun, Coming Around, Eyes Wide Open, Battleships... why are they all down there! *shakes head* The Fear, 3 Times And You Lose, Before You Were Young do not deserve to be up that high. Premier Division: Side continuing to climb, Song To Self continuing to fall. Oh how right i was. ;) Hehe.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 12:51 AM Quote
that was a big difference, definitely voters go crazy with 2x1 rounds...

- Poor "Funny thing"! is laying in the floor, bleeding after this beating...
- Definitely "Eyes wide open" deserves to be top 10, at least.
- "Quire free" won... good! (even a draw would be fair)
- and, of course, happy for "Flowers in the window" ...3 points more! woohoo

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 4:08 AM Quote
Ben, I disagree with you about The Fear and 3 Times and You Lose, those are among my favourites ever!! However I totally agree with you about Definition of Wrong, that's very good song, and it finally won :oD.

I went directly to see the results of the Broken Mirror vs. One Night match, and I was sadly surprised when I found out that BM lost again :o(.

Oh and there was a draw on the Walking Down the Hill vs. Out of Space battle. Cool! :o)

Looking forward to the next round tomorrow ;o).

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 10:50 AM Quote
I'm in a bit of a hurry today(as always) so I have to start the round early...I don't think you mind anyway ;)

Regular round today, lets kick-start the 20TH ROUND!

Good point Ben! Unfortunately I can't change much of the design with the current program that I'm using, but I could definetely change the ranking-system in any way that would make the league better ;) As it works now the songs are ranked in the following order:

* Vote Differential
* Higher Votes For
* Lower Votes Against

The mid-season specials are gonna include some kind of opinions-survey about the season! You guys are my employer and your level of satisfaction is my pay-check, so your opinions are very important to me :)
I think a little break will do both parts of this project good btw ;)

This round closes at 11 PM on Tuesday, which will also be the start of the mid-season week :)

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (20TH ROUND OF VOTING TABLES UP)
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 11:11 AM Quote
Two interesting contrasts:

Long Way Down vs Indefinitely - they couldn't be more different but I found it damn tough to choose

Safe vs Blue Flashing Light - comfort-zone vs angry brilliance

PS. Thanks again Alex, and enjoy your rest for a few days! You deserve it completely!

PPS. Ben, all the songs at the top of the leagues deserve it by now because they've each won a lot of battles. That some of us don't like them doesn't matter if most of us do.

Pages Previous 1...43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:17 PM