Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (TREAT FOR DEVOTED VOTERS)
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 9:42 PM Quote
Haha sorry, but that sounded funny! Why do they play with an over weight 39 years old at all? Don't they have better players? Or what division are we talking about?
You mentioned that you have the best striker in the UK, so I assumed that it was Premier League or something :P
Haha you have to tell me what team you're supporting Ben! Or is it a secret? I can't think that it is, you're pretty open about your hate for Get Up ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 9:54 PM Quote
Their goalkeeper got sent off in the second half and they didn't have one on the bench so they had to play an outfield player in goal and obviously thought he was their best. He might have experience of playing in goal or something. He did ok.

No, i said we have the top scorer in England. He has 25 goals this season for us. We're in the 3rd league. Not been in the Premiership for 5 years now. Worst run in the clubs history. We're too good for this league though. I'm a Leicester fan and it's proudly stated on my profile page! :) http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/table/default.stm

Sorry for ruining the Travis League thread non football fans! lol Here's our stadium Alex. As you can see, we're a Premier League club. http://www.freewebs.com/tims92/Leicester%20City/Walkers%20Stadium%20pano%202.jpg

Another edit sorry, i don't hate Get Up. I have a mild dislike towards it. ;)

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 10:00 PM Quote
Sorry, but before completing the survey, we are voting for the songs we think they will be top 4 etc, or for the songs we want to be top 4???

EDIT: Stupid question.... Sorry for wasting your time guys.... Gotta read better...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 10:18 PM Quote
Wolfy wrote:
Sorry, but before completing the survey, we are voting for the songs we think they will be top 4 etc, or for the songs we want to be top 4???

I tried to choose the four that I thought would go through, but I couldn't resist a sneaky little vote for The Distance - not a clue how well it's doing :)

Ben, you guys are flying! Might as well have an extended summer break and come back in August (or September?) to the... whatever the league above's called.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 11:35 PM Quote
I was predicting what i think will happen though I found it difficult to predict a song i love to get relegated, so i didn't and chose something else! lol

That's what people are saying all over the place James. Especially people on the outside looking in (like yourself) but for Leicester fans when it means so much it's hard to celebrate or say something similar until it's confirmed. We're on 68 points. We just need to win 7 or 8 i'd say and that should be enough to finish 2nd. I'd be happy with that. :)

Edit: Like the PM James. Was amusing. ;) Reply soon. :)

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (RESULTS AND TABLES UP)
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 2:10 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
alanistradi wrote:

Oh! Dear Juli! that's why everybody loves you! *hugs*

Everybody loves me? Lol! You're very sweet Yuriko *hugs*, but that's definitely not true! Hahaha. I don't know why but I just had a comic vision of myself with a sash, a bunch of flowers in one hand, waving in slow motion to a cheering crowd, looking ridiculous. Lol! xD

Juli! Don't make me talk about your self-esteem, ok? :P hahahahahaha
You can't deny it, I think everyone here can support what I'm saying about the good feelings that we have for you (no joke, Miss Argentina! XD)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

You should have seen the surprised and confused look on my face when I first heard Used To Belong, wondering why everyone was making such a big deal about it, lol. I thought I was listening to the wrong song :oP.
But I know I'm the weird one here because I haven't found a person who dislikes it as much as I do, except my sister, hahaha. I listened to Used To Belong like three times and then never again... Maybe I should give it another try?

I didn't know that! (now is when I say: I can't believe you don't love "Used to Belong"! haha - all of us have a bit of weirdness, for example, I haven't found a person who dislikes "Somewhere else", in that case, I'm the weird one!) Well, my dear, give it one more chance and if still don't love it, don't push your feelings...c'est la vie! :D

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 3:23 AM Quote
The Travis League system is getting even better and better, thanks to your hard work, Alex! =D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 12:00 PM Quote
Good morning voters! :)

I'm happy to see that the prediction survey was sucha hit!

And I'm sorry for interupting you, but it's time for Division 1 and 2 to battle again!
So get your voting fingers warmed up and take a look at today's GAMES!

Cheers!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 12:08 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Their goalkeeper got sent off in the second half and they didn't have one on the bench so they had to play an outfield player in goal and obviously thought he was their best. He might have experience of playing in goal or something. He did ok.

No, i said we have the top scorer in England. He has 25 goals this season for us. We're in the 3rd league. Not been in the Premiership for 5 years now. Worst run in the clubs history. We're too good for this league though. I'm a Leicester fan and it's proudly stated on my profile page! :) http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/table/default.stm

Sorry for ruining the Travis League thread non football fans! lol Here's our stadium Alex. As you can see, we're a Premier League club. http://www.freewebs.com/tims92/Leicester%20City/Walkers%20Stadium%20pano%202.jpg

Another edit sorry, i don't hate Get Up. I have a mild dislike towards it. ;)

Oh I like Leicester, they have nice jerseys! Haha I don't know that much about football, but your team looks superior in that division, I hope you'll climb the tables rapidly! =)
Nice stadium too! =)

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (12TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 2:17 PM Quote
Voted! :) Coming Around v Walking In The Sun by far the hardest decision to make so far. Love both songs. Both massively under rated. Anyway, I did it! :)

Thanks very much Alex. After getting relegated last season, things have been fantastic this season! :) I remember we also had a goal disallowed yesterday and we were celebrating and then realised the referee had disallowed it!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 3:35 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Voted! :) Coming Around v Walking In The Sun by far the hardest decision to make so far. Love both songs. Both massively under rated. Anyway, I did it! :)

Thanks very much Alex. After getting relegated last season, things have been fantastic this season! :) I remember we also had a goal disallowed yesterday and we were celebrating and then realised the referee had disallowed it!

Haha, that's one of the easiest choices for me. Disappointed that Chinese Blues hasn't flown off the line against Eyes Wide Open, I might try to gradually teach people how amazing CB is.

At least you got a bit of goal-celebration in Ben :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 3:54 PM Quote
Are you voting for the challangers?

I think I'm gonna have a new elimination soon.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Haha, that's one of the easiest choices for me. Disappointed that Chinese Blues hasn't flown off the line against Eyes Wide Open, I might try to gradually teach people how amazing CB is.

At least you got a bit of goal-celebration in Ben :)

Chinese Blues is amazing but Eyes Wide Open just shades it for me. And to me, Coming Around and Walking In The Sun are very similar. Can't imagine someone liking one and not the other. Both sum up the reason why I love Travis more than most Travis songs. :)

LOL You really aren't a football fan are you?! How do you think it felt when I looked over and saw the linesman with his flag up. *sigh*

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
Voted!
To me the hardest were:
J. Smith vs 3 Times And You Lose
The Line is Fine vs Pipe Dreams (I know which one's gonna win, though xD).
Blue Flashing Light vs Last Words

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 5:16 PM Quote
Voted!!!

Travisleague is having a reduction of voters.... I hope people will come and vote again before time runs out.....

Pages Previous 1...27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:01 PM