Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (11TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:53 AM Quote
Finished it! :)

The Ballad Of J Smith
Definition Of Wrong
The Great Unknown
Chances
My Last Chance
Sarah
Me Beside You
Village Man
High As A Kite
Blue On A Black Weekend
I Don't Mean To Get High
Unbelievers
Reason
River
The Urge For Going
Whenever She Comes Around
The Connection
Used To Belong
Tail Of The Tiger
Life and Soul Of The Party

Was really hard! :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 11:05 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Finished it! :)

The Ballad Of J Smith
Definition Of Wrong
The Great Unknown
Chances
My Last Chance
Sarah
Me Beside You
Village Man
High As A Kite
Blue On A Black Weekend
I Don't Mean To Get High
Unbelievers
Reason
River
The Urge For Going
Whenever She Comes Around
The Connection
Used To Belong
Tail Of The Tiger
Life and Soul Of The Party

Was really hard! :)

Awesome! Some of these songs are the ones I had to skip :(

One hour left to vote! C'mon slowmos ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 12:04 PM Quote
This round has been closed =)

Laters!

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 7:39 PM Quote
The results and tables have finally arrived!

Check it out HERE!

Thank's for all your support and have a lovely weekend =)

Cheers!

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (RESULTS AND TABLES UP)
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 8:37 PM Quote
I can't believe Walking Down The Hill VS Get Up was a draw!
WDTH is brilliant and Get Up is forgettable.

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 9:45 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I can't believe Walking Down The Hill VS Get Up was a draw!
WDTH is brilliant and Get Up is forgettable.

Let me disagree with the second part of the post.... WDTH is a brilliant song, but Get Up is way better.... But hey, 4 points in 2 games are not a bad result, at least it successfully avoids relegation so far....

Under The Moonlight - Perfect Heaven Space: 12 - 11
Huh???
Under The Moonlight is one of my least favorite Travis songs.... Its a bit like, when I hear it my reaction is "cmon!!! Travis isnt a that kind of band!!!"
On the other hand Perfect Heaven Space (or Place???) is a real master piece....

I know you disagree..... with me.....
But i love youuuu anyways.....

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 10:04 PM Quote
I agree with Juli. Walking Down The Hill is one of the best sounding and musically best Travis songs and in my opinion, Get Up one of the worst sounding and musically nothing Travis songs. But having different opinions is what makes the Travis League work so well. :) We all love Travis after all. And I for one am bloody proud of it. *gets emotional* lol

Under The Moonlight is a strange one. It's not even written by the band. You'd think it would have to be great for a song not by them to make an album. Remember, when Fran did a radio interview at the start of 2007, he said Under The Moonlight was NOT on the album. I'm guessing the record company made the decision to include it. I don't think it's that bad but certainly should have been a b-side along with a few others towards the end of The Boy. :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 10:13 PM Quote
Pipe Dreams - The Fear: 14 - 15

So tight!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 10:32 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I agree with Juli. Walking Down The Hill is one of the best sounding and musically best Travis songs and in my opinion, Get Up one of the worst sounding and musically nothing Travis songs. But having different opinions is what makes the Travis League work so well. :) We all love Travis after all. And I for one am bloody proud of it. *gets emotional* lol

Awww, lol! Absolutely.
I get frustrated and laugh whenever I don't agree with the results of the games, and that's like 60% of the time or maybe more, lol. I think it's very cool that we all love different songs, it's such a personal thing. I can try to think and express why I prefer a song over another, but it's just a matter of what it makes me feel, it's indescribable, and very personal.
So I find it very interesting that Philip loves Get Up, for example. Or that Yuriko doesn't like Somewhere Else.

Sorry, I didn't sleep last night and I think that's what makes me ramble.

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 11:40 PM Quote
Its really nice to have this kind of disagreement.
I mean, we all respect each other's opinion without using caps or getting angry etc....
I miss these gentle reactions from our "non virtual" society.....

P.S.: If you understand nothing, its my fault, don't worry....

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 4:50 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Awww, lol! Absolutely.
I get frustrated and laugh whenever I don't agree with the results of the games, and that's like 60% of the time or maybe more, lol. I think it's very cool that we all love different songs, it's such a personal thing. I can try to think and express why I prefer a song over another, but it's just a matter of what it makes me feel, it's indescribable, and very personal.
So I find it very interesting that Philip loves Get Up, for example. Or that Yuriko doesn't like Somewhere Else.

Sorry, I didn't sleep last night and I think that's what makes me ramble.

Oh! Dear Juli! that's why everybody loves you! *hugs*
well, I don't love "Get up" neither "Somewhere else" but doesn't mean I hate them, just they aren't my favorites. And I can't be more agree with you, these preferences correspond to personal feelings and are hard to explain.... Juli, you said it perfectly: it's indescribable
:)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 5:22 AM Quote
and about the results...

With this round one thing is obvious: people don't hate (not so much, at least) "Get up" and this time got a very valious point. "Walking down the hill" is a brilliant song, one of my favorites from "12 memories", definitely this was one of the most shocking results for me.

Quote:
And things aint getting easier for Flowers In The Window next round, so much I can tell...

C'mon Alex! when "Flowers in the window" will get a chance to raise its self-steem? XD! poor! with this announcement surely will have a very strong rival... will be "Side"? "Turn"? "Re-offender" maybe? mmmm definitely won't have a chance until "Happy" or "Tied to 90's" :S

(Good one with "Friday I'm in love"... didn't see that coming XD)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 5:51 AM Quote
Agreed, WDTH should've won against Get Up. Although not everyone loves Get Up or Somewhere Else, we all love Travis :o). Oh darn, I got emotional too! Lol! :oP

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 6:13 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Agreed, WDTH should've won against Get Up. Although not everyone loves Get Up or Somewhere Else, we all love Travis:o). Oh darn, I got emotional too! Lol! :oP

Ooohh Alma! give me a kleenex pleeeease!!! Lovely words *crying*

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 6:31 AM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Agreed, WDTH should've won against Get Up. Although not everyone loves Get Up or Somewhere Else, we all love Travis:o). Oh darn, I got emotional too! Lol! :oP

Ooohh Alma! give me a kleenex pleeeease!!! Lovely words *crying*

*crying too hands Yuriko a kleenex and gives her a hug*

;oP

Pages Previous 1...25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:34 AM