Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (11TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 2:13 PM Quote
Get Up is in good form!!! 4-4 so far (and with 2 votes less)
I dont know why, but it was so easy for me to vote this time....
I mean, interesting pairs, but my favs will always be favs....
WTRY and WDIAROM wont never lose....

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 3:08 PM Quote
I love Somewhere Else too. 2nd or 3rd favourite from 12 Memories. :) Me and Juli have a similar taste in Travis songs. Except Used To Belong, which is amazing of course. ;) lol

Voted. Some very big games this time. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 3:37 PM Quote
I'm really into Used To Belong at the moment. I burnt a B-side CD yesterday, with my new vinyl vintage CD-R's and Used to belong is one of the highlights! :)

Maybe Sing can do WDIAROM some harm? Oooops won't say no more!

I'm planning on having a pause after the 12TH round is done btw, but I wont leave you empty-handed during that time!

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (RESULTS AND TABLES UP)
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 3:57 PM Quote

this round is to die! and I'm very surprised with the results so far.

Poor poor poor "Flowers in the window", now has to compete with "My Eyes" and I'm sure the results won't be favorable :( ... I'm almost in shock with the fight that "Sing" is giving to "WDIAROM", the same thing with "Ring Out the Bell" and "The Distance".

with these battles, my heart was broken
Closer vs selfish jean
Re-offender vs Driftwood

...but this one still killing me: WTRY vs LWCT
(I think I won't vote :S)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Of course I don't hate you... now, if you tell me you like Get Up, that's a different story ;oP
Happy To Hang Around is also one of my favourites! :o)

hahahahahaha (don't hate Philip!)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Well, I voted, and nearly every song I voted for is losing! xD

and when you don't vote, you declare draws XD!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 4:19 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I'm really into Used To Belong at the moment. I burnt a B-side CD yesterday, with my new vinyl vintage CD-R's and Used to belong is one of the highlights! :)

I've been trying to make a B Side CD for ages but can't decide what songs to put on. I have them on all CDs for each album's b sides but i wanted to make a Best Of CD and like i say, i can't decide! lol

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I'm planning on having a pause after the 12TH round is done btw, but I wont leave you empty-handed during that time!

A mid-season break! NOOO! Not for too long i hope! :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
Whatta..?
WDIROM vs Sing
I can't decide!!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 4:34 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I've been trying to make a B Side CD for ages but can't decide what songs to put on. I have them on all CDs for each album's b sides but i wanted to make a Best Of CD and like i say, i can't decide! lol

TheBoyWithAName wrote:

A mid-season break! NOOO! Not for too long i hope! :)

Yeah I've been trying to do it for years too, but I finally managed to work it out, still had to kill some favourites though ;(

I haven't decided whether I need a mid-season break yet and if so I don't know if it will be after the next round or actually halfway through the season...We'll see!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Me and Juli have a similar taste in Travis songs. Except Used To Belong, which is amazing of course. ;) lol

Ben, deep down you know it's not ;oP

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 12:18 AM Quote
lol It is brilliant Juli. :P

Alex, i decided to make a Dougie CD so i can cut his songs off, and i might make a covers CD too. That'll make it easier then. lol

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 3:11 AM Quote
What's wrong with you, Yuriko???? :oP Somewhere Else is amazing!!! I love that song! :o)

Used to Belong is good, but Tail of the Tiger is so much better. The last few days I've got that song stuck in my head xD.

I'm dying here while I type and vote. What have you done this round, Alex??? I just can't make up my mind!!! :oS

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 3:46 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
What's wrong with you, Yuriko???? :oP Somewhere Else is amazing!!! I love that song! :o)

hahahahahahaaha XD
f*ck! Whats wrong with me? I don't know! I shouldn't say anything :S ..."Somewhere else" has too many fans here.

bogusblue wrote:
Used to Belong is good, but Tail of the Tiger is so much better. The last few days I've got that song stuck in my head xD.

I'm dying here while I type and vote. What have you done this round, Alex??? I just can't make up my mind!!! :oS

I LOOOOVE "Used to belong", is one of my favorites b-sides, "Tail of the tiger" is amazing too but "City in the rain" was killing me these last few days, I can't get it out of my head. I love it!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 12:14 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
lol It is brilliant Juli. :P

Alex, i decided to make a Dougie CD so i can cut his songs off, and i might make a covers CD too. That'll make it easier then. lol

Great idea, but what will you do with the Dougie covers? Lol it's impossible to chose from all these great B-sides!
I want to read your tracklisting when you're done! :)

Here's mine:

Ballad Of J. Smith
Central Station
City In The Rain
The Connection
Combing My Hair
Tail Of The Tiger
The Distance
Used To Belong
Sarah
My Last Chance
When I'm Feeling Blue
Ring Out The Bell
Life And Soul Of The Party
Just The Faces Change
Say Hello
Ancient Train
The Sea
Everyday Faces
Unbelievers
Standing On My Own

I had to throw away some songs that I really like just because they didn't fit in with the rest.
I really love Where Is The Love, Green Behind The Ears, Know Nothing, We Are Monkeys, High As A Kite, I Don't Mean To Get High, but the CD turned out a bit more emotional than some of these tracks :P

Sorry for changing the subject a bit

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 3:08 PM Quote
lol I'll probably put Dougie covers on the Dougie CD...... i really don't know! lol I tell you what, i'll do it this weekend. I've been wanting to do it for ages because i'm listening to my 12 Memories B Sides and want to listen to '20' and can't be bothered to change the CD. lol So i need to make a Best Of. I'll do it this weekend and then i'll put my tracklisting down. :) Yours is good, but mine will be different. ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
Well, i've went mental and just made a final 22 song selection! lol Not made the final track order yet but some songs i love didn't quite make it. Some of those being songs on yours actually like When I'm Feeling Blue, it just missed out. Say Hello too. I made a 14 song Dougie CD and so all the others went into this Best Of. I chose 7 from Good Feeling, 4 from The Man Who, 1 from The Invisible Band, 4 from 12 Memories (mostly Dougie songs remember), 3 from TBWNN and 4 from Ode. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 4:48 PM Quote
The tracklisting was most brutal, hope you'll sort it out!
I'm dying to see yours! =)

Pages Previous 1...24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:00 PM