Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (10TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 4:37 PM Quote
Woohoo!

Big Chair is winning :P

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 5:16 PM Quote
Aaah nice colours Alex, thank you!
BUT, what about Falling Down against As You Are ??????? Such a tough choice!!
As for Big Chair, mmmmmmm not one of my faves........
Enough discussion * zips mouth shut *

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 5:50 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Done! Go Big Chair!

The Line Is Fine is doing awful in every round... I think it's a fantastic song!

It's a great song, but apparently not THAT great :P

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 9:44 PM Quote
Out of all the Travis songs, Big Chair seems to have the biggest cult following. :P

It's pretty good, but I don't really think it's all that amazing myself...

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 9:49 PM Quote
Slide Show vs Somewhere Else
2 of the most "blue" Travis songs, i think.
I choose too fast and i regret my choices....

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 12:32 AM Quote
The tough one to me this round was Pipe Dreams vs. The Fear :oS. Will my vote make a difference? Most of the time it doesn't xD.

Thanks for go back to the previous design for polls, Alex! It looks great :o).

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 12:43 AM Quote
Not voted yet so people better not start celebrating too early. lol :)

I love Big Chair. It's one of my faves from TBWNN. Probably my 5th favourite behind Closer, Selfish Jean, Battleships and Eyes Wide Open. :) (That's in no particular order)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 12:56 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
The Line Is Fine is doing awful in every round... I think it's a fantastic song!

I agree. I think it's brilliant. I think it's better than the rockers on Ode. :)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:40 AM Quote
Well, my vote is done :D

My heart was breaking, I couldn't choose between these...
Big chair vs. Indefinitely
Closer vs. friends
(and I didn't see the results...so don't say anything!)

In this other case (Battleships vs Eyes wide open) was a hard decision to take, but the funny thing here is that I listened the song that I choose (in the Travis league radio :D) just after doing my vote... I think was the destiny trying to convince me of my decision! XD

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:20 PM Quote
alanistradi wrote:

Closer vs. friends

You now that it's COLDER vs. Friends, don't you? Closer plays in a different league ;)

Yeah Line Is Fine is one of the peaks on Good Feeling for me, I prefer it over some of the singles, where's your support?! I would also like to see some support for The Cage, it's beauty in it's finest FORM!

I'm really in a TBWNN-mood right now, I listen non-stop to 3 Times, Big Chair, Selfish Jean, Colder(only for the awesome harmonica part) and especially Eyes Wide Open! It's really aaaarrrrrgghhh!

It's really funny that you can get tired of a song and then go back and listen to it later and ask yourself: "Why don't I listen to this song more often? It's GREAT"
Only Travis songs can do that for you, their songs go with your mood and feelings...The favourites changes as your life takes different turns...

Ps. Funny Thing is a UNDERRATED masterpiece!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 4:27 PM Quote
Voted! :)

Of all the non singles, The Cage is one of my favourites. Up there with Eyes Wide Open, Battleships, Big Chair, Quite Free, As You Are and Somewhere Else. There's a couple of others too, like Pipe Dreams. :)

I've been surprised throughout this thing by a few songs. Some songs i thought were strong haven't been performing and some i didn't think had a massive fan base are flying. :)

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 9:08 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
alanistradi wrote:

Closer vs. friends

You now that it's COLDER vs. Friends, don't you? Closer plays in a different league ;)

Yeah Line Is Fine is one of the peaks on Good Feeling for me, I prefer it over some of the singles, where's your support?! I would also like to see some support for The Cage, it's beauty in it's finest FORM!

I'm really in a TBWNN-mood right now, I listen non-stop to 3 Times, Big Chair, Selfish Jean, Colder(only for the awesome harmonica part) and especially Eyes Wide Open! It's really aaaarrrrrgghhh!

It's really funny that you can get tired of a song and then go back and listen to it later and ask yourself: "Why don't I listen to this song more often? It's GREAT"
Only Travis songs can do that for you, their songs go with your mood and feelings...The favourites changes as your life takes different turns...

Ps. Funny Thing is a UNDERRATED masterpiece!

What a post!!!

I will always consider The Boy the best album ever because its so unique...

This is the thing about Travis songs:
They are about 120 in total but there sure will be a song to fit your mood...
And if not, they can sure change your mood...
I am currently in an Indefinitely period of my life (its like I need the warm chords and orchestral backsound of the song -excuse my english if there are mistakes-), although I voted for Big Chair (probably my favorite song ever).

I agree so much about The Cage!!! Its not quite easy to listen to that kind of harmony but I thought Travis fans would adore this bittersweet melody as much as I do...

Quote:

Yeah, EXACTLY the same happens to me!!!

And what about J.Smith???
It seems like its not stronger than his own Ballad....
If the choir part was replaced by a middle 8 or something, it would be the best radio song ever done.... (I love the choir part, its very well sang, just to become more ""promotable").
But maybe thats the thing about Travis, I don't think they make music just to sell it to the world, I think they like what they do, that's why we love it too.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 10:46 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Oop! It's true...my mistake! :P

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 10:59 PM Quote
Wolfy wrote:
[quote="TheBoyWithAName"]
Quote:

Yeah, EXACTLY the same happens to me!!!

Me too! :D
I feel the same way!
(and TBWNN is a great album....)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 9:55 AM Quote
About 2 hours left to vote folks! Have you all participated?

Pages Previous 1...22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:06 AM