Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (6TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
leticia
leticia Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 1:44 PM Quote
Happy To Hang Around vs. Somewhere Else... That was tough!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 3:58 PM Quote
I have put a little radio on the first page, hope you'll like it =)

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 4:36 PM Quote
I think maybe we have to be careful to NOT discuss too many of the results before the matches have finished - me thinks this may be influencing certain people who've yet to vote! My first few votes were all to those which were losing (not done on purpose, I might add)

Do you guys look at the results and then vote or do you do it "blind" ???? I'd rather not see who's in front and just go with my gut feeling.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 5:06 PM Quote
That's a great point. I'm guilty of it myself. Talking about the scores as they happen i mean. We shouldn't do that. I vote without knowing anything. I have my favourite and i'll vote for it, whether it's losing or winning. :)

Love the radio Alex. Very nice. :)

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 5:39 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I think maybe we have to be careful to NOT discuss too many of the results before the matches have finished - me thinks this may be influencing certain people who've yet to vote! My first few votes were all to those which were losing (not done on purpose, I might add)

Do you guys look at the results and then vote or do you do it "blind" ???? I'd rather not see who's in front and just go with my gut feeling.

No, i see the results first.....
If i have to choose between two equal songs and i vote for the winning one, then i feel terrible.... Like the Side-Sing one, i voted for Side and then i saw it was leading for 5 votes....

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
I vote without looking at the results. Just vote for my favourite :o).

I felt so guilty about voting twice the other day, and about you guys calling me a cheater (:oP) that I had very strange dream last night xD. I dreamt that I was about to vote one more time this round and I didn't feel guilty about it. But then out of nothing I remembered all your posts saying people shouldn't do that. I felt so remorseful for wanting to vote twice that I closed all the windows and shut down the computer... You guys really got me traumatized!!! xD hehe

wdiarom
wdiarom Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 6:48 PM Quote
Travis Radio!!! great idea and love the playlist =D
(thank you for the time you spend on this, love your site :) )

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 7:46 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

I agree! We should really cut down on the discussions before the voting rounds are closed!

We are a bit over-excited, maybe Ben and I should start a new thread so we could discuss every single vote without destroying the fun for the rest of you ;) hehe

Glad you like the radio, I wasn't too sure about it first, but I think I'll keep it now =)

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 8:01 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
deebee wrote:

I agree! We should really cut down on the discussions before the voting rounds are closed!

We are a bit over-excited, maybe Ben and I should start a new thread so we could discuss every single vote without destroying the fun for the rest of you ;) hehe

Glad you like the radio, I wasn't too sure about it first, but I think I'll keep it now =)

Yes, the radio is a brilliant idea (and proves that your favorite album is The Invisible Band???)

37 votes per match, what happens???

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 8:02 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
deebee wrote:

Yes, the radio is a brilliant idea (and proves that your favorite album is The Invisible Band???)

37 votes per song, what happens???

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 8:05 PM Quote
Wolfy wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
deebee wrote:

37 votes per song, what happens???

Ehhhm yeah OMG a VOTING RECORD! I hope it's not a case of cheating :P

Well people are even dreaming about the voting now so I guess it's becoming popular :D

haha I should get paid for this :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:43 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

lol It is very interesting to talk about the scores but i think it's best to not say anything until the votes have finished, even though it's possible to see before you vote. I don't. I vote for my favourite of the 2. :) So we'll do that from now on, stay quiet. Hehe.

I'm amazed to see the amount of votes. By the time voting closes there will be close to a 50% rise in votes. But is that a 50% rise in voters? Mmm... In the early days of modern, now professional sport, i've heard hilarious stories of cheating (marathon runners taking the train for example) so as time goes by, hopefully things can be improved to help stop cheating happening. Or maybe there really has just been a sudden increase in voters. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:40 AM Quote
About 1 and a half hour left to vote folks!

Well the amount of voters/votes have just been MEGA this round, so I guess you have already voted ;)

I'm slightly uncertain if I should do something about the possibility to cheat cause there's no way to control if people vote from several computers!

There's four options as far as I see it:

* Some kind of password protection of the voting
* Improve the polls
* Change the voting system into something less "modern"
* Let it be just as it is, trust that people play by the rules.

Feel free to give me tips!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:50 AM Quote
Maybe we shouldn't make such a big deal out of the "cheating"-issue, because the site has had 34 unique visitors since I started counting yesterday....

I guess more people have discovered the Travis League and that is just GREAT!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 11:44 AM Quote
Anyway this round of voting is now closed =) I had to close it a bit early cause I'm on my way out.

Results and stuff will be up later ;)

Pages Previous 1...13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:38 PM