Travis

Re: Office Xmas parties
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 5:04 PM Quote

I don't quite remember but seemingly I came home from a Christmas party when I was about 16, my dad found me sitting on the lawn seriously upset because.... I couldn't get my key in the door!!

Dubz

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Did you atleast recognize his as being your father?

Does he often paint at 3am?

you crack me up !

mili
mili Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 5:38 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Some years ago now but one of our Christmas dinners

Now I'd been drinking at the football all afternoon and then had a bottle of vodka on the way up to the hotel, I remember being shitfaced as everyone else arrived and I could just see blurred faces.

We all dandered into the room and before the soup came out I stood up and that was me.

I left a trail of sick from the table we where sitting at, the whole way through the room we where in, then the foyer of the hotel and out the door onto the pavement.

That's how the rest of them knew to find me. I couldn't tell you where that hotel was or anything about it. I couldn't physically walk and had to be carried with someone either side of me to an apartment down the road, I woke up sometime later and watched Match Of The Day whilst making tea and toast wondering where the hell I was.

I remember getting home about 3am and my dad was painting radiators in the hall.

Bizzaro.

Sort of reminds me of a company team spirit boosting friday afternoon boat trip I was on once. the assigned group excercises didn't interest anyone, we were all more keen on beer that was promised afterwards. After the official part was over we got into alcohol and were seriously drunk before retuning to the shore. Some continued to the bar, I went home. It was strange to go home drunk when everybody else were just starting their evening.

On the next working day I heard that one male colleague had carried on in a bar, fell asleep on a park bench and took a taxi home, where he found his family eating in their pjs around the kichen table. It was 8.30 and he didn't know if it was evening or morning.

Oh, those were the golden days in advertising business in the early 90's… and then came a huge and deep recession and the end of parties.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Hasn't down much for your bumfluff now has it?

Not really, no.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 10:54 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I don't quite remember but seemingly I came home from a Christmas party when I was about 16, my dad found me sitting on the lawn seriously upset because.... I couldn't get my key in the door!!

Dubz

lol only you Dubz

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 8:23 PM