Travis

Office Xmas parties
Joe
Joe Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 9:42 AM Quote
Had mine last night. Felt fine all the way in, but then a colleague who was cleaning out the fridge in the coffee room started saying things like "can you smell that milk that's gone off? Look at that mould!". Sorry Pete, I'm gonna have to stop you there, unless you want a vivid picture of last night.

Re: Office Xmas parties
Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:12 AM Quote
So you have your office Christmas party on a weeknight? Is there actually any work going on today? We have ours tomorrrow so that people have the weekend to recover :oP

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:58 AM Quote
The worst thing is that I seem to be the only person whose hungover. Admitedly, I'm probably the person who drank the most, but at least I didn't make an idiot of myself...oh wait. I can remember a couple of very minor incidents.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:04 AM Quote
Ours is tomorrow. I'am looking forward to them all getting drunk and letting slip stuff they would not necessarily do :)

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:14 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Ours is tomorrow. I'am looking forward to them all getting drunk and letting slip stuff they would not necessarily do :)

Yep, done that.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:20 AM Quote
Ours is on the 20th Dec.

I really couldn't be arsed with them, I hate the things and the fakeness of socializing.

Maybe I'll do what I did one year and be banjaxed before the soup even reaches the table.

mili
mili Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:06 PM Quote
I'm self-employed, so our (hubby & I) Christmas party was to go to Milan for a weekend ;^)
My main client has a bit of a do with mulled wine and rice pudding next week. That's an afternoon function, no alcohol involved.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:32 PM Quote
what kind of Christmas party involves cleaning out a fridge?

ours is next monday. Not really looking forward to it. Im going to try to make a speedy exit.

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:38 PM Quote
The party was last night. The fridge was being cleaned when I went to grab a coffee this morning.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:42 PM Quote
that makes more sense.

ours is on a weekday too. Definately not the drinking fest that some of you seem to have that involve any recovery time. And i dont think anyone would go if it was on a weekend. Actually, there is no other option though. I work at a playhouse, and monday is the only night without a performance.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:45 PM Quote
I thought you worked at a Theatre not a flipping Playhouse

http://www.swingplans.com/images/playhouse.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 1:23 PM Quote
that is it exactly. Im the chick in the 2nd floor window.

we do a lot of puppet shows.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
I've got mine tonight. I'm going for the free dinner, so I don't need to bother to make my tea tonight. But I won't be drinking, and am planning on making a swift exit for the Frightened Rabbit gig after the meal I think. I'm not a big fan of having to hang out with work people outwith office hours - except for some notable exceptions of the younger folk nearer my age who are pretty cool.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 3:17 PM Quote
It's just me and my boss so we just go out for a nice lunch a few days before Christmas. It's all last minute but he always lets me pick the place and encourages me to drink as much as I want so it's delightful.

We always would have a nice dinner party for my husband's job but now that he has a traveling job his co-workers are all over the country so that won't be happening.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
I work from home...so no party for me. However I was invited to my husband's office party. It's the first time they've ever let them bring a guest. I'm all for free food and a night out with the husband! The food should be good because it's at one of their nice hotels.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:31 AM