Travis

And the question is:
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
Shall I choose the easiest way, or shall I choose the hardest way?

Re: And the question is:
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 12:00 AM Quote

I'd suggest the Correct or Right way.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 12:25 AM Quote
I concur with Dubz' wise assessment.

spid
spid Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 9:30 AM Quote
me too - Dubz is correct

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 12:59 PM Quote
ok, both are correct and right.
One way is staying home and accept a permanent contract for the job I already do.
The other way is to move Countries and get a new job in the field I studied for but where I can't really do anything yet.
Both of them are ready and avaliable now. I have offers from both companies, one is offering great contracts to convince me not to leave them, the others are offering great contracts too, training etc etc etc and they want me there. everybody's just waiting for my choice.
So the thing is: easiest way: stay here. hardest way: move.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 1:16 PM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
One way is staying home and accept a permanent contract for the job I already do.
The other way is to move Countries and get a new job in the field I studied for but where I can't really do anything yet.
Both of them are ready and avaliable now. I have offers from both companies, one is offering great contracts to convince me not to leave them, the others are offering great contracts too, training etc etc etc and they want me there. everybody's just waiting for my choice.

If you are going to work abroad, weigh up the factors... Is this the only chance to work abroad, have you worked abroad before, what's the cost of living, how easy will it be to resettle, is it a permanent or temporary contract, If it's permanent is there a chance after a while you can move back to your home country with the same company, How easy will it be to find someplace close to work to live, If you find you don't like it what's the chances of your home company taking you back, will you be able to live away from your family/friends, How easy will it be to make new friends.

If you are going to stay will you regret the fact you never took the opportunity.

In the end you have to make this decision on your own, and I think most of the time people have already made their decision and are just looking for someone to tell them they've done the right thing, in my experience there is no right or wrong decision.

I once had a friend who traveled across Australia/New Zealand in a VW Campervan, before she left she was terribly worried about how she would handle it, and what people would have said if she had come home early. I told her that she would never know unless she tried and that is also the answer to give to her critics "she had at least tried to travel, while they all sat on their fat arses, critizing"

Dubz

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Rain on the brain wrote:

If you are going to work abroad, weigh up the factors... Is this the only chance to work abroad, have you worked abroad before, what's the cost of living, how easy will it be to resettle, is it a permanent or temporary contract, If it's permanent is there a chance after a while you can move back to your home country with the same company, How easy will it be to find someplace close to work to live, If you find you don't like it what's the chances of your home company taking you back, will you be able to live away from your family/friends, How easy will it be to make new friends.

If you are going to stay will you regret the fact you never took the opportunity.

In the end you have to make this decision on your own, and I think most of the time people have already made their decision and are just looking for someone to tell them they've done the right thing, in my experience there is no right or wrong decision.

I once had a friend who traveled across Australia/New Zealand in a VW Campervan, before she left she was terribly worried about how she would handle it, and what people would have said if she had come home early. I told her that she would never know unless she tried and that is also the answer to give to her critics "she had at least tried to travel, while they all sat on their fat arses, critizing"

Dubz

You're right.
I know it's my own decision.
But I'm terribly scared

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 8:21 PM Quote
I get the feeling you want to go.

So go.

Facing your fear is much better than living with the regret and what if.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
Go with the flow.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 12:49 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Go with the flow.

Go With The Flow - Queens Of The Stone Age

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 8:48 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I get the feeling you want to go.

So go.

Facing your fear is much better than living with the regret and what if.

Yes I want to go, otherwise I wouldn't even have the thought that I had to choose between things!
And the fact that I have this fear means that I am really serious this time.
Ok I wanted to share my fear with you

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:46 AM Quote
Why don't you ask for more money from the employer you want to go to saying that your current employer is increasing your salary to make you stay? If they accept that will show their motivation in hiring you if they don't, then try the same with the current employer?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:25 AM