Travis

how is that possible?? travis in mexico ??
damon
damon Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
Fran, Andy, Dougie & Neil:

i'm really dissapointed, altough i know peter gabriel is the big shit and deserves honors i hate the fact that i will pay for sure no less than 250 usd to see travis in first row AND: MAXIMUM ONE HOUR!!!!

i'm big fan of travis, i love them BUT I WON'T GO!! I THINK THAT DESERVES A STRIKE !!!

Re: how is that possible?? travis in mexico ??
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
ouch. that is harsh bro.

So you like Peter Gabriel but you're just mad that they're opening so they won't play as long?

damon
damon Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
ouch. that is harsh bro.

So you like Peter Gabriel but you're just mad that they're opening so they won't play as long?

mmm, i'm not big fan of peter, i know he's big and deserves big bands supports their shows, BUT WHY TRAVIS ???

i mean, travis has long long road walked and had been head liners in big festival, why has to go back, they are supporting REM, now Peter Gabriel, what's next ???

i don't think because they are now in indie record company, they have to perform like indie bands supporting bands,

their show is great to last so few in a supporting !!

Mr. Nash... What are you doing ????

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
I get what you're saying - that they are big and good enough to warrant their own show but maybe they want to open for him?

Perhaps it's a way to reach a bigger audience and make more folks realize how great they are.

damon
damon Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I get what you're saying - that they are big and good enough to warrant their own show but maybe they want to open for him?

Perhaps it's a way to reach a bigger audience and make more folks realize how great they are.

but why a bigger audience, som things are better when are for few, when you try to go massive you become comertial isn't it??

besides, Ode to J Smith is not precisly the record for masses ?? i love the record, but is not for masses like viva la vida of Coldplay, you know,,,

perhaps i'm overreacting, but thhis suggest a wrong band managment...

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
Maybe they where invited to open for him personally.

I wouldn't say no, If I was asked.

damon
damon Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

i would definitely say no !!!!
NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!

MEXICO ROCKS AND DESERVES AT LEAST A 2:30 HRS SHOW !

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 1:42 AM Quote
damon wrote:
Fran, Andy, Dougie & Neil:

i'm really dissapointed, altough i know peter gabriel is the big shit and deserves honors i hate the fact that i will pay for sure no less than 250 usd to see travis in first row AND: MAXIMUM ONE HOUR!!!!

i'm big fan of travis, i love them BUT I WON'T GO!! I THINK THAT DESERVES A STRIKE !!!

Yeah dude, i'm dissapointed too :/

But hey, we all kown Travis love Mexico, and i'm sure they will reward us...
i don't know if i'll go, but yeah, i'm kind of sad and dissapointed :/

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 1:43 AM Quote
damon wrote:
Darran wrote:

Totally agree!

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 3:21 AM Quote
damon wrote:
Darran wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!

Well, that's not the point, about deserve it or not, at least my point is, that as you said before, people who likes travis doesn't like peter gabriel, and same on the other side, but tickets will be expensive, the "foro sol" is really BIG, and i'm not gonna pay 250 dls to see Travis playing les than a normal concert, and opening to the main artist, i mean, as a band opener, how many time could they play? an hour will be more than normal openers play, so, i bet half an hour, so, i'm not sure if i'm going to the show either....if i will, i will pey the cheapest tickets, the ones that are FAAAAR from stage, where only you can see some points moving on a stage. I would definately prefer a thousand times a manifest

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 4:53 AM Quote
damon wrote:
Darran wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!

That's pretty sad to hear=(
Being a Travis fan myself i would definitely love for my fave band to play longer in my country coz they don't come often...i noe how u feel.u must feel really angry coz u feel like u deserve to watch them at their own full scale gig and not just an opening act for some musician who's less famous than Travis rite..

Anyways,i hope Travis will make a proper concert for their loyal fans like u in Mexico=) maybe they want to expose themselves more first...or maybe peter gabriel approached them coz he's a fan of them and they surely won't decline coz we all know Travis comprises of nice people=D

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 6:44 AM Quote
I'm dissapointed as well, I mean, the ticket will be expensive... but I'll gonna go, even the cheapest ones... but I want to see them... I've been waiting 1 year for see them again, and I wont lost the chance to see them in a big venue as Foro sol... I know OTJS is not made for masses... but... will be a different experience... so, I'm in!

mili
mili Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 6:48 AM Quote
I saw Peter Gabriel in 1986 or so, he was pretty good then. But now I'd rather have him as the support and Travis for the main act!

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 9:24 AM Quote
damon wrote:

I don't think any of us have seen a 2:30 hrs Travis gig.

mili
mili Posted Tue 09 Dec, 2008 9:58 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
damon wrote:

I don't think any of us have seen a 2:30 hrs Travis gig.

Actually, as I've never seen them live, a shortish support slot would be better than nothing.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:42 PM