Travis

Song To Self: Formats and Pre-order
Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 10:53 AM Quote
http://www.travisonline.com/news/images/songtoself_cov224.jpg

Travis will kick off the new year with the release of their second single from the critically acclaimed album Ode To J Smith.

Song To Self will be released on January 5th and will be available via digital download and on limited 7” vinyl. Both formats include The Ballad Of J Smith, a new song unavailable elsewhere.

The 7" features a special extended version of Song To Self containing a whole new musical section, and the first 200 orders received for the vinyl format will be signed by Travis.

A live favourite of the band and fans at recent shows, Song To Self sees Travis at their intimately anthemic best.

Re: Song To Self: Formats and Pre-order
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 12:08 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Anyways b sides for the UK next single (S2S) are under the belt. A song called "The Ballad Of J. Smith" and a rambling accoustic busk called "Lock Me Up".

What happened to Lock Me Up?
So there won't be a CD single of Song To Self, just on download and vinyl that practically no one can play?

Ah well, at least we're getting The Ballad Of J. Smith!

mili
mili Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
I hope the first pre-orders are still valid! The item vanished for a while from the shop, but I did get a confirmation already on 25th November.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
Disappointed with no CD release.

I also hope those early pre-orders stick! I did get the confirmation too so it should be ok. :)

Also wondering where Lock Me Up is. B sides for another single? Next album? Mmm...

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 7:05 PM Quote
I just bought the vinyl ad the digital downloads, I bought the £1.58 ones, this means it has Song To Self and Ballad of J.Smith doesn't it? I hope so anyway lol. It only came up as Song To Self Download but the £1.58 one should contain both songs shouldn't it as it had Song TO Self for 70 odd pence and Ballad of J.Smith for the same so I just payed the £1.58 for both but then it only came back Song TO Self Download for £1.58 but that should contain both songs in a bundle shouldn't it?

Bruno
Bruno Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 8:29 PM Quote
Bought it a few hours ago. Hope mine is one of the signeds.

yonan
yonan Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 6:20 AM Quote
Bruno wrote:
Bought it a few hours ago. Hope mine is one of the signeds.

hear hear, hope mine's too :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 7:24 AM Quote
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:
I just bought the vinyl ad the digital downloads, I bought the £1.58 ones, this means it has Song To Self and Ballad of J.Smith doesn't it? I hope so anyway lol. It only came up as Song To Self Download but the £1.58 one should contain both songs shouldn't it as it had Song TO Self for 70 odd pence and Ballad of J.Smith for the same so I just payed the £1.58 for both but then it only came back Song TO Self Download for £1.58 but that should contain both songs in a bundle shouldn't it?

Er, if I've read that right, yes I suppose so. It would be a bit pricey for one song.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
Bought it over a week ago. I hope mine is one of the signed ones...

oneofthe3
oneofthe3 Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 9:12 PM Quote
bought two vinyls, postage was nearly as much as the vinyl (£3.67 for 2 items).

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
mili wrote:
I hope the first pre-orders are still valid! The item vanished for a while from the shop, but I did get a confirmation already on 25th November.
}I have the same question.
There are a lot of people (like me) that did a pre order, later the item vanished.
What happened? does the first pre orders valids for the signed item?

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 11:58 AM Quote
I didn't see the first set of orders but I've ordered my vinyl (just like J.Smith) still don't have a player yet though, LOL.
Would love a signed copy since so far I haven't been one of the lucky ones :-(
Fingers crossed I ordered early enough!

foodos
foodos Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 12:10 PM Quote
and Lock Me Up?what about Lock Me Up?

Mandy
Mandy Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 10:34 AM Quote
I assume there is no chance of me getting a signed one now :( Oh well, still ordered :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
I've only just noticed that the vinyl is limited to 1000 copies so it's mildly rare like the J. Smith one. Get your copies now while stocks last! ;)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:16 PM