Travis

Travis are playing an Absolute Radio Christmas Zoo Session
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 3:23 PM Quote
Just found this after hearing about it on Absolute Radio earlier.

Anyone heard when/where this is happening please, and how to get tickets?
I presume that there will be a Travis day like they are doing for Paul Weller!

I only had it on in the background but I definitely heard Travis' name and did a big double-take because I couldn't believe it.

Re: Travis are playing an Absolute Radio Christmas Zoo Sessi
rebekah
rebekah Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
omgomgogmg!! woow! :D

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
Found the link:-

NEXT MONDAY!

Don't know how you win tickets though yet, I guess we'll have to all keep listening!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 4:23 PM Quote
Wow! :D

But I guess this is only available for people in the UK?

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
:D
Awesome!
I was expecting a notice like that...

Yuhu!

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Found the link:-

NEXT MONDAY!

Don't know how you win tickets though yet, I guess we'll have to all keep listening!

yay! GRACIAS!

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 11:48 AM Quote
They just said on Absolute Radio that you can win tickets by listening to Ben Jones' show tonight, also Christian O'Connell in the morning if you're interested.

Either way, it'll be broadcast live on Monday!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 3:34 PM Quote
Thank you for that, I'm going to have a go! Fingers crossed :)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:01 AM Quote
I think this might be happening live on Friday, but being broadcast in full on Absolute Radio on Monday.

I'm a bit confused, as the website says Monday, but on the radio they are saying it's happening on Friday for all of the
Absolute Radio Christmas Zoo Sessions.

Christian O'Connell played Sing earlier.
As it's the new single, perhaps if we all request that they start playing Song To Self now, they'll play it?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:02 AM Quote
This is very confusing. On Absolute radio last night, they were giving away tickets to see the Fray at the Zoo lounge this Friday.

There was also a list of acts performing the Christmas Zoo, and Travis was mentioned, but there was no indication of how to get to see Travis, if at all possible. It was also unclear as to what date Travis is playing.

Would be v interested to know if anyone has worked this out.

I really appreciated the heads up on this, but HATE Absolute Radio. What a crap evening's entertainment yesterday, lol :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:03 AM Quote
Ha! Gladsadmad...we posted practically at the same moment!!! Saying pretty much the same thing....Relieved I'm not the only confused soul around here :)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:13 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Ha! Gladsadmad...we posted practically at the same moment!!! Saying pretty much the same thing....Relieved I'm not the only confused soul around here :)

Spooky!

Yeah I know. Absolute Radio is great and my favourite radio station, except that they aren't playing enough Travis.

I just found out however that Song To Self has been added to the new Absolute Xtreme Playlist, which is a start, but we want it on proper Absolute Radio please.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:16 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
This is very confusing. On Absolute radio last night, they were giving away tickets to see the Fray at the Zoo lounge this Friday.

There was also a list of acts performing the Christmas Zoo, and Travis was mentioned, but there was no indication of how to get to see Travis, if at all possible. It was also unclear as to what date Travis is playing.

I think it might be on Ben Jones' show tonight, they just ran a trailer for it on the radio.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:18 AM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Tonie wrote:

I think it might be on Ben Jones' show tonight, they just ran a trailer for it on the radio.

I might just ring the station for an answer - after all, I don't really want to listen tonight if I don't have too!!! Will let you know if I get any joy :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:19 AM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Tonie wrote:

Spooky!

Yeah I know. Absolute Radio is great and my favourite radio station, except that they aren't playing enough Travis.

Sorry - missed this earlier post. Guess we'll agree to disagree here....give me 6 music anyday!!!

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:49 PM