Travis

Cramming?
happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 2:15 PM Quote
Anyone else cramming for an exam in the coming weeks?

I'm sitting at home with papers all over my room, Travis blasting out of the pc speakes, an unnatural craving for all things sweet and doing everything else than reading what I'm supposed to read. One would have thought that I would have a better technique for studying after 20 or so courses at uni.... But nooooo. Gah.

Re: Cramming?
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 2:18 PM Quote
this song always helped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh60xe0ff3E

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 2:20 PM Quote
cheers :) Got me smiling at least hahaha

*edit* and ironically Pipe Dreams started playing on the mediaplayer seconds after the film stopped

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
Not cramming, but working on my dissertation. Basically nopt sleeping at night, so that I can get it all done before Christmas, as I don't want to have to go back up the Newcastle upon Tyne to hand it in when I'm back in La Rochelle. If I can get this new version done by Christmas, I can just pop up to Newcy from my Grandma's place in the East Riding of Yorkshire.

How to get through it? Constantly refill the cafetiere and put on some good music. At the moment, I'm revisiting some of the older stuff, like this!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 2:32 PM Quote
Everyone else seeing YouTube in wide format today??

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
I am

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 2:46 PM Quote
Joe wrote:
Not cramming, but working on my dissertation. Basically nopt sleeping at night, so that I can get it all done before Christmas, as I don't want to have to go back up the Newcastle upon Tyne to hand it in when I'm back in La Rochelle. If I can get this new version done by Christmas, I can just pop up to Newcy from my Grandma's place in the East Riding of Yorkshire.

How to get through it? Constantly refill the cafetiere and put on some good music. At the moment, I'm revisiting some of the older stuff, [url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wI6uAOHzvo]like this![/url]

You have my full sympathy :) Am handing in my master thesis in June, and I haven't even started writing...

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 2:49 PM Quote
Dissertation is actualy like the ultimae punishment. So much work to do. Today though I've been in uni writing up a case study for entrepreneurship. Not fun. This band, Box Club, have been keeping me semi sane all day
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnHu0NCgdk
PS hope it's decent quality. Can't watch it cos I'm in the uni library and the computers are rubbish.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 8:04 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
Anyone else cramming for an exam in the coming weeks?

i really should be, Christmas exams all this week, but i've barely opened a book! had maths and applied maths today, my favourite and supposedly best subjects. Don't wanna think about it! :(

mili
mili Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 8:12 PM Quote
It's been a long time since I last did any cramming, but I remember classical music being very helpful (especially with Swedish, that was so hard!)
Bach's Brandenburg concerto was my favourite.
Something like this:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bDzlI-ycBk&feature=related

Pop music was ok for maths ;^)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:57 PM