Travis

New Dougie/Fran itw (in French)
ayana
ayana Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
http://www.soundofviolence.net/articles/interview/238/travis.html

Done by my great friend "Fab" haha.
Looks like this time he took time to re-read his article, which is an improvement!

Re: New Dougie/Fran itw (in French)
akanksha
akanksha Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 1:19 PM Quote
Using Yahoo Babel Fish to translate the website into English gives funny results(BWNN becomes "The Servant Boy With No Name"), but the article is understandable!
Thanks for posting, that's a nice interview.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
Cheers!

From the French to English translation in Google:-
Quote:
I remember reading one day that you had once planned to publish your debut twelve albums during your career, you have traveled only half of your way as a group?

Fran : It's true! Sometimes I wonder how long it takes to get there, nobody knows! I think the songs for our seventh album will be ready at the end of December, will only find a few weeks to record it. We keep this goal twelve albums in a corner of our minds but we do not think that we do. Unless you have commercial constraints on the part of a record, we never know when and how we do things! [laughs]

"I think the songs for our seventh album will be ready at the end of December" - WOAH! (Fran, slow down!)
Did this translate correctly into what i think it means?

I don't need yet another Travis album right now, but what are the chances of having album 7 before the end of the decade? ;)
We're all still enjoying Ode!
From what was suggested in that interview, they're keen to get cracking on the next one, in the same quick style as Ode.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 2:56 PM Quote

.....my French-teacher would be so proud of me....

I think all those interview - makers should kinda check what questions were already asked in another interview - and then : ask new ones...

it must be boring for them to answer the same questions all over again and again...
and also the reader/listeners/viewers don't get any new information (I mean basic-information - not things they tend to tell beside the actual interview...)

I'm not saying this interview is bad...(I liked it :) )

I just mean generally... f.e. one faq - question was; why they named the 5th Album: the boy with no name...

ok.....made my point - not sure though if anybody understands what I wanted to say here...:p

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 3:12 PM Quote
How exciting! :) He's been talking about doing this all year. I'd prefer them to take time to write the more epic tunes like Quite Free and Chinese Blues etc rather than the simple ones like Get Up and Something Anthing. I think a bit more writing time would be nice but i see no reason why another quick recording session couldn't work because i think that if any of the songs suffered, it's those more simple tunes like Get Up and Long Way Down, whereas the bigger songs work perfectly.

I can see a new Travis album by Easter 2010.

EDIT! Franny means December 2009, surely? No? If he means 2008, my head has officially just exploded.

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
Ah nice interview! Thanks Ayana :-)
I like the bit when they talk about the songs they've covered and a possible cover album when they stop making their own records - sounds good to me even if they were only joking :-P

ayana
ayana Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

I think all those interview - makers should kinda check what questions were already asked in another interview - and then : ask new ones...

Actually this is a great interview... for Sound Of Violence! He actually managed to do something understandable and not too stupid for once!
This site is known to be crap. Bad reviews, bad reviewers! Doing some research is probably too hard, you can't ask them too much! It's all about being "hype". They're even worse than the NME because they're crap but they take things very very seriously.

But they seem to like Travis (I think they gave Ode 4 stars/5) so the articles about them are better than the average :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
I'm guessing Fran doesn't say that then. Because I would have thought the possibility of a new Travis album being completely written in 6 weeks time would be very exciting...

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
But they seem to like Travis (I think they gave Ode 4 stars/5) so the articles about them are better than the average :)

Good to see there are people who still care about Travis :) (talking about media, hehe).

And thanks for the interview, by the way ;)

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 8:38 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
Nell wrote:

Actually this is a great interview... for Sound Of Violence! He actually managed to do something understandable and not too stupid for once!
This site is known to be crap. Bad reviews, bad reviewers! Doing some research is probably too hard, you can't ask them too much! It's all about being "hype". They're even worse than the NME because they're crap but they take things very very seriously.

Haha...oh God....so much about an impartial interview :)

I don't really know thouse sites so I didn't know that fact. What do you know about "Q"...is it as bad as this side? (apart from this Travis-itw)

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 9:45 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

EDIT! Franny means December 2009, surely? No? If he means 2008, my head has officially just exploded.

I speak French.

And I think he means December 2008.

He actually says
"I think the songs for our seventh album will be ready for December. We will only need to find a couple weeks to record them."

There's nothing there who says next year.

Well, it would be exciting if I was right...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
OHMEATPIES wrote:
I speak French.

And I think he means December 2008.

He actually says
"I think the songs for our seventh album will be ready for December. We will only need to find a couple weeks to record them."

There's nothing there who says next year.

Well, it would be exciting if I was right...

I sorta speak French and I can't see why Fran wouldn't mean this year... but bear in mind that it might have been translated badly the first time - I doubt whether Fran and Dougie conducted the interview in French :)

Thinking about it, they have had about 9 months to write songs, unlike the four weeks used to produce an entire album last time.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
The only reason I presumed 2009 was because of my shock of it being 2008. It's quite hard to believe but by the translation it does seem to be 2008.

In a recent interview from about 6 weeks ago. It might have been the German one before that gig, I'm pretty sure Fran said he'd not written any songs since the start of the year. I'll check it in a bit. Maybe left over songs from the Ode sessions and maybe they've made another 5 week written album. Finished writing by end of 2008. Recorded, mixed by March. Release date: June? How exciting! If it's all true of course. Let's wait and see... :)

sakuras
sakuras Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:17 PM Quote
Thank you so much Ayana for this very interesting interview!

Oh My God a new album almost ready?!!! I'm going to die!! :D

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:31 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
The only reason I presumed 2009 was because of my shock of it being 2008. It's quite hard to believe but by the translation it does seem to be 2008.

In a recent interview from about 6 weeks ago. It might have been the German one before that gig, I'm pretty sure Fran said he'd not written any songs since the start of the year. I'll check it in a bit. Maybe left over songs from the Ode sessions and maybe they've made another 5 week written album. Finished writing by end of 2008. Recorded, mixed by March. Release date: June? How exciting! If it's all true of course. Let's wait and see... :)

Yes, it is a bit of an obscure place to find it, if it is true. We need a vague hint about whether it's true or not, but it would be odd for Fran to have planned next years song-writing down to the nearest month wouldn't it? :S It would be strange for him to have not written any songs, I would have thought that it would become habit after a while. Maybe he's just very content and with no pressure the songs can build up for a huge creative dam-break in three minutes or however long it takes to write an album these days ;)

EDIT: Oh sorry NoƩmie, I forgot to say thanks! I enjoyed reading that and it's good practice :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:25 PM