Travis

Re: How's the Weather?
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
mili wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
-30, -40!? Whatta? All of a sudden Sweden appears to be Greece or something...

Well, you're in the south, aren't you?

In the south of Sweden? Well I'm somewhere in the middle :P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Do you not have block heaters in the D?

I have never heard of a block heater in the Motor City. That is not to say they don't exist, but I have never heard of them.

I remember as a kid, everyone putting snow tires on their cars, too. No one ever does that anymore. I wonder why?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
last year or something the Province of Quebec made snow tires required, but ya same here, I dont really know anyone that puts snow tires on now. maybe because regular tire technology is better now? Better equiped to deal with snow?

From wiki re: block heaters

A block heater is an electric heater that heats the engine of a car to ease starting in cold weather. They are connected to normal AC power overnight or before driving, via regular power plugs that are fed through a vehicle's grille. This allows easier starting in cold temperatures, by keeping the coolant warm. Heaters are also available for motor oil so that warm oil can quickly circulate and warm the engine during startup. The rapid heat circulation caused by block heaters also aids the initial vaporization of fuel in the engine; because of this effect, block heaters reduce pollution, as poor fuel vaporization causes much higher emissions.

Block heaters are widely used in many northern U.S. states, and are very common in regions with colder climates like Canada and Scandinavia. In colder climates block heaters are often standard equipment in new vehicles. In extremely cold climates, electrical outlets are sometimes found in public or private parking lots, especially in multi-storey car parks.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
i'm not wearing shoes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOXgL4rvYk

P.S. Hippie.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 04 Dec, 2008 7:03 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
i'm not wearing shoes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOXgL4rvYk

P.S. Hippie.

if the shoe fits , WAIT I'm still not wearing shoes !

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 12:08 PM Quote
The snow is falling on my shoulders by the side of the road!

Yes, my wish have come true! =)

mili
mili Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 12:36 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
The snow is falling on my shoulders by the side of the road!

Yes, my wish have come true! =)

It's just sleet here. Wet wet wet. :^P

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 1:08 PM Quote
It's snowing in Dübendorf near Zurich where I work. There's not much snow laying on the ground but it says there will be about 25 cm this week!

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
I'm feckin' freezing @ home, and my office is so cold that I bought a hot water bottle last week :s

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 2:33 PM Quote
The sliding door was frozen shut on the van today. The sidewalk was a sheet of ice. I'm sure I looked quite comical trying to open a frozen door with my feet slipping out from under me. I finally wised up and opened it from the inside. I really had to throw myself into it.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 2:46 PM Quote
Yesterday at lunch it was at least 75 (24) degrees. I was driving around with the air conditioning on.

Mid afternoon a wind blew in a cold front and it was suddenly 50 (10) degrees. I know that's not cold but when it's so suddenly and you don't have a jacket because it was hot in the morning it's cold.

Last night it rained frozen rain. It's not sticking because it's about 36 (2) or so right now but I had to scrape ice off of my car this morning. With a credit card since we bought this car in the spring and it's not like you need an ice scraper very often in Texas.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
9ºC in Barcelona. And it's raining.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Yesterday at lunch it was at least 75 (24) degrees. I was driving around with the air conditioning on.

Mid afternoon a wind blew in a cold front and it was suddenly 50 (10) degrees. I know that's not cold but when it's so suddenly and you don't have a jacket because it was hot in the morning it's cold.

Last night it rained frozen rain. It's not sticking because it's about 36 (2) or so right now but I had to scrape ice off of my car this morning. With a credit card since we bought this car in the spring and it's not like you need an ice scraper very often in Texas.

OMG talk about a drop in temperature! That's just CRAZY! That's like four seasons in one day brrrrr lol

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
OMG talk about a drop in temperature! That's just CRAZY! That's like four seasons in one day brrrrr lol

I know. Sometimes it's really crazy here. It usually messes with my allergies but thankfully not this time.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Peewee wrote:

I know. Sometimes it's really crazy here. It usually messes with my allergies but thankfully not this time.

go to a healthfood store and get local bees honey . it counter acts the pollen affecting you

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:10 PM