Travis

Radio 1's Sarah Cox
Joe
Joe Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 10:57 AM Quote
Anyone else find her a bit miserable? Particularly the "Changing Track" (on around 11:00 A.M.) where someone writes in to say how a particular time helped them through a hard time in their life (like being without their girlfriend for a few weeks; yeah, life's a real bitch, eh?).

My boss likes Radio 1, so I have it on all day.

Re: Radio 1's Sarah Cox
Darran
Darran Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:43 AM Quote
I used to have Radio 1 on all the time in work, but it was always a bit risque with Moyles etc for the customers so I changed to Radio 2 a few yeas ago and haven't looked back.

Tres Magnifique

Back in the day though I sent Jo Wiley the Partyben greenday/travis/oasis mashup thing which she played and folks went mad for.

I still have her email from 25th Nov 2004!!

Quote:
Darran - Thanks so much - it's just great and frickin' LOVED it!

J xx

Yer man also emailed me telling me anytime I was in San Fran he would hook me up with anything I wanted or even if I didn't want it he would organise it (lets just say I could have had 99 problems but a ..... wouldn't have been one of them besides other "treats") for getting it played on UK national radio.

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 12:15 PM Quote
Wow! i do love that track; probably the best mix I've ever heard. Nice one!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
I like Sarah Cox, she funny, zany and cool. I get a bit fed up with Radio One at times but I stick it on first thing to wake up and Chris Moyles and the team usually manage to get a chuckle out of me which is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone else to do first thing in the morning.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
Also...what is this "mashup" thing? I wanna hear it? Did you REALLY send it in D? lol Coolness.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 6:10 PM Quote
The Partyben mashup was Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wonderwall and Writing to Reach You. Very clever. Someone posted it on the forum back in the day, and Fran posted a very appreciative response!

Best current breakfast show dj: Sean Keveney on 6 Music.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
Yup twas me that sent it into the radio since I thought it was so good.

You can download two versions at his site along with other tracks

http://www.partyben.com/downloads/

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 20 Nov, 2008 12:33 AM Quote
She's less insincere than Jo Wiley doing that feature.

I hate that feature whoever does it.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 20 Nov, 2008 12:35 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
The Partyben mashup was Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wonderwall and Writing to Reach You. Very clever. Someone posted it on the forum back in the day, and Fran posted a very appreciative response!

Best current breakfast show dj: Sean Keveney on 6 Music.

I love the early breakfast show (starts at 5am or something...) with Greg James. He's awesome.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 20 Nov, 2008 12:45 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
I used to have Radio 1 on all the time in work, but it was always a bit risque with Moyles etc for the customers so I changed to Radio 2 a few yeas ago and haven't looked back.

Tres Magnifique

Back in the day though I sent Jo Wiley the Partyben greenday/travis/oasis mashup thing which she played and folks went mad for.

I still have her email from 25th Nov 2004!!

Quote:
Darran - Thanks so much - it's just great and frickin' LOVED it!

J xx

Yer man also emailed me telling me anytime I was in San Fran he would hook me up with anything I wanted or even if I didn't want it he would organise it (lets just say I could have had 99 problems but a ..... wouldn't have been one of them besides other "treats") for getting it played on UK national radio.

No way! That's a cool story. Hope you make your way across the pond someday, and if you do make it to San Fran, you have to hit up Ric.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 20 Nov, 2008 3:17 PM Quote
Anyone download the tracks to refresh their memory?

They are excellent.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 9:03 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
Anyone download the tracks to refresh their memory?

They are excellent.

Yes I did. Thanks for the link, it was great to hear that again.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:40 AM