Travis

Re: window shades / shutters
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:

i think they would be TOO dark...

You don't have to close them all the way. You can leave spaces in between and they have little holes where the slats meet, so you can have privacy, but still some light.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
http://www.westlondonblinds.co.uk/images/vertical5.jpg

These are the only type of blinds I have in my house!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 9:52 PM Quote
I have mostly the horizonatals, but in my room I have pretty rice paper blinds.
Ive never seen those crazy outside ones here.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 9:54 PM Quote
No I have only seen the outside ones on holiday....in hot countries! lol

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
I told my mother about my scheme to start importing rollädens. Ummm, I don't think I can count on her for financial backing.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I told my mother about my scheme to start importing rollädens. Ummm, I don't think I can count on her for financial backing.

Thats a shame. Especially considering she lived there.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:00 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

LOL

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 12:46 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Thats a shame. Especially considering she lived there.

hm, maybe she just wasn't "in the mood" for saying "brilliant idea" to importing Rolläden? ...

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 1:16 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:

You don't have to close them all the way. You can leave spaces in between and they have little holes where the slats meet, so you can have privacy, but still some light.

i suppose that wouldn't be too bad, but i think they are really ugly. they make apartment buildings look like prisons... or like everyone is scared of the outside world.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 2:48 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:

i suppose that wouldn't be too bad, but i think they are really ugly. they make apartment buildings look like prisons... or like everyone is scared of the outside world.

so we will make them in all colours and with photos/pictures/comicstrips!

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 2:56 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:

that actually would be pretty cool! maybe you can even customize them to your customers specifications. you know how you can get like your baby's picture on a coffee mug... it could be like that. i wonder why no one in Europe has thought of marketing them like that yet...?

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
lilly wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:

that actually would be pretty cool! maybe you can even customize them to your customers specifications. you know how you can get like your baby's picture on a coffee mug... it could be like that. i wonder why no one in Europe has thought of marketing them like that yet...?

Of course, that's what I meant, we will sell customized shutters! I have to think of a way to make the photos "interchangeable", though, because I guess you don't want the same picture there all the time...hm...
(I think house-wise Germans are too oldfashioned to want customized photo shutters.)

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 20 Nov, 2008 4:08 AM Quote
In aussie we had them to keep the house cool, cos it gets to 40+ celsius.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 20 Nov, 2008 2:45 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
lilly wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:

Of course, that's what I meant, we will sell customized shutters! I have to think of a way to make the photos "interchangeable", though, because I guess you don't want the same picture there all the time...hm...
(I think house-wise Germans are too oldfashioned to want customized photo shutters.)

I think this is a FANTASTIC idea! Colors to match the trim on your house! Or pictures if you like. Excellent idea. Now you just have to convince manufacturers. It'll be huge in the North American market.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:07 AM