Re: Kristy's Guide to Canadian Pronounciation
mili
mili Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 8:41 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
mili wrote:
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I want lilly to sing Ramstein - Du Hast

ok, time for a confession: I am German. But I don't know a SINGLE song by Rammstein. That is, of course I've heard snippets. But never a whole song. They're far more famous outside Germany than in Germany itself ;)

German-music-wise, I prefer Kettcar, Tomte (yesyes, inspired by Astrid Lindgren ;D), or maybe Sportfreunde Stiller.

However, if I WAS doing a video, I would have to have oompah-music in the background, Bavarian cliché and all that ;D

Oh, I remember those Saturday night specials on Munich tv with live audience and all sorts of people wearing Trachten singing about their Schatz who lives in the mountains or in the valley… ideally presented by Gottschalk…priceless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Gottschalk

errr, I don't think Gottschalk did the "Volksmusik"-shows, he did however do all kinds of strange popmusic-shows and now he's the host of "Wetten Dass" (I think in 1995 it was still Frank Elstner, he's horrrrrrrible!). Gottschalk is also the one person in German TV who can wear everything without being severely punished by the press. They've given up on him years ago ;D

Gottschalk is just the only German presenter I know the name of. He also looked a bit like our landlord and neighbour in the 90's.

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Ok! How does Moray NOT have a girlfriend?? You are insanely cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Aberdeen girls must be touched in the head.

This is the only conclusion I can reach.

Yepp, there's definitely something wrong up there, they should be queueing (omg SPELLING????) up at his door.

(I'm still in the unknown concerning the "Hogmanay"-pronunciation, though)

juuuli
juuuli Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
These videos are fantastic! I'm going to Aberdeen in January, so I was hoping that a Scottish person would make a video... I just watched Moray's video and the accent was brilliant + perfectly understandable!

Is someone who's not a native speaker of English going to post a video?

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
juuuli wrote:
These videos are fantastic! I'm going to Aberdeen in January, so I was hoping that a Scottish person would make a video... I just watched Moray's video and the accent was brilliant + perfectly understandable!

Alex. full stop. (I think)

mili
mili Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
juuuli wrote:

You're welcome to make one ;^) I just suspect that your accent wouldn't be "good" enough for the job, it should really be total Tankero English*

*explanation: a certain kind of Finnish pronunciation of English named after a former minister of foreign affairs who spoke English as if it was Finnish… a bit like this
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jNuKimIv7XI

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Yay! Nice job, Nikki! Yes, you do say several things differently than I do. Your "talk" is more tock than mine and I think your caught is more cot than mine.

I think in the Detroit area, you're going to find a wide range of small variations on the accent because almost everybody's parents or grandparents came from another country or another state to work in the auto industry. Back when there was one. :o(

I couldn't believe how different Nikki's accent is. What surprised me most is how Nikki says "Kayte". I read your name to myself as being 'Kate' but Nikki says "Kay-T". Like KT Tunstall.

Nikki, love how you say Travis!

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
oh and I love that pop and hockey are pap and hackey!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 9:40 PM Quote
Nice pad Moray . pretty rawkin clip

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:05 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
juuuli wrote:

I'm nervous ;(

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:08 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
lilly wrote:
juuuli wrote:

I'm nervous ;(

don't be. everyone will love the song (and you, of course, because who could ever resist a swedish sailor?!)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:14 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
lilly wrote:
juuuli wrote:

I'm nervous ;(

don't be. everyone will love the song (and you, of course, because who could ever resist a swedish sailor?!)

You do know that I don't work as a sailor for real?

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:19 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
lilly wrote:
juuuli wrote:

I'm nervous ;(

You do know that I don't work as a sailor for real?

hm? pssshhhh! it's what people THINK (or want to believe) that counts!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

Paaahhhp! hehe!

I love how you say AvOcado.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Moray wrote:

Paaahhhp! hehe!

I love how you say AvOcado.

lol..that's how we say it here..that is how it's spelled. :) I'm loving this...you guys all RAWK!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:27 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

I couldn't believe how different Nikki's accent is. What surprised me most is how Nikki says "Kayte". I read your name to myself as being 'Kate' but Nikki says "Kay-T". Like KT Tunstall.

Nikki, love how you say Travis!

Technically, my name is pronounced Kt. That is how my mother says it. I, and everyone else, say Katie with the T said like a d. Basically Kd. My mother was watching a movie with a British guy in it who said, "KT, me love!" and she thought it sounded cool. That's why she spelled it weird.

Pages Previous 1...26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:31 PM